Slide4_zpsbc8793c2.jpg

Slide5_zpsd5a06758.jpg

Slide6_zpsf0b83c6c.jpg

Slide10_zps6642eb28.jpg

Slide11_zps149ff1e0.jpg

Slide12_zps7ab7a787.jpg

Slide13_zps7671acd3.jpg

Slide14_zps9ff4f9b2.jpg

The social uplift plans are commendable indeed.

However, this slide:

Slide2_zps4b62c595.jpg

is particularly important. After all, after decades of hard work, the Army has successfully eliminated any other organization within Pakistan that could effectively compete with it providing such services and now holds the monopoly positions to its immense advantage.

Nice strategy.

The social uplift plans are commendable indeed.

However, this slide:

Slide2_zps4b62c595.jpg

is particularly important. After all, after decades of hard work, the Army has successfully eliminated any other organization within Pakistan that could effectively compete with it providing such services and now holds the monopoly positions to its immense advantage.

Nice strategy.
You are dumber than i have thought:

Slide161_zps6515e24a.jpg

As you can see, approx 3-4 billion dollars have been spent by the govt in FATA since Independence, but you can see where it stands today. FCR is still there and the development too has stalled.

But that is not the concern here, i added this slide deliberately so that readers can understand that COIN doesn't necessarily means killing the terrorists but it also includes de-radicalization and rebuilding the infrastructure.

If you had paid some attention you would have known that David Galula was not a Pakistani. Moreover, as i have tried explaining you in the past also that during active operations civilians or other govt agencies cannot built or carryout their routine operations, and thus militarys are required to do the job other than/in addition to fighting.

That's a compulsion for today's armies, especially those engaged in COIN ops - it is not a choice.

And hence the quote from Mr David Galula (David Galula - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) a French expert of 'revolutionary war' or in simpler words COIN ops. Writer of two books: Pacification in Algeria, published by the RAND Corporation in 1963, and Counterinsurgency Warfare: Theory and Practice in 1964. The books analyse his experiences in Indochina, Greece and Algeria.

If you had any idea of military doctrines of today, you would have known that terms like 'Stability Operations' and 'Peace Keeping Operations' are the 'new' war which demands a soldier to be a fighter and at the same time to be a humanitarian.

That's not what i say, but that's what your beloved western/US masters have said and practiced, especially in Afghanistan and Iraq. We have just taken the lead from them.

Ever heard of MOOTW..??

Slide number 2 was also added with a reason so that people with brains can understand the complete strategy. The "Clear, Hold, Build and Transfer" strategy in FATA and Swat is not something conceived by a Pakistani general but taken from the field manuals written by your beloved Americans after the Vietnam war.

So, the 'building' stage is also to be undertaken by the military itself, anywhere whenever ANY army has to carryout COIN ops. That's the part and parcel of the approach: the Hard Prong (military action) and the Soft Prong (Development, Radicalization etc). But then i forgot, you have sucked on too much beef lately.

Last edited:
Moreover, as i have tried explaining you in the past also that during active operations civilians or other govt agencies cannot built or carryout their routine operations, and thus militarys are required to do the job other than fighting. That's a compulsion for today's armies, especially those engaged in COIN ops - it is not a choice.

Yes, of course, in a war zone things are different, but had you understood my comment, it referred to decades of eliminating effective governance during times of peace and in other areas of the country.

Having said that, I also see that you ignored my commending the social uplift programs that you have described.

Of course, I will NOT respond with petty personal attacks.

Yes, of course, in a war zone things are different, but had you understood my comment, it referred to decades of eliminating effective governance during times of peace and in other areas of the country.

Having said that, I also see that you ignored my commending the social uplift programs that you have described.

Of course, I will NOT respond with petty personal attacks.
Yeah!

FATA was not developed because of the Army.

FCR was not abolished because of the Army, even though Army is the leading proponent of bringing FATA and FRs under Parliament.

Kalabagh dam was also not built because of the Army.

PIA, Pak Steel, Pak Rail etc are all fcuked up because of the Army.

As of today, 20 of our state corporations are without their bosses - PIA dont have a DG, there's is no IG Sindh, Pak Security Exchange Company has no boss, Pak Steel doesnt have any Chairman, there are 20 in total, even today. Even this is because of the Army.

Right?
Dont ruin the thread, dude!

Yeah!

FATA was not developed because of the Army.

FCR was not abolished because of the Army, even though Army is the leading proponent of bringing FATA and FRs under Parliament.

Kalabagh dam was also not built because of the Army.

PIA, Pak Steel, Pak Rail etc are all fcuked up because of the Army.

As of today, 20 of our state corporations are without their bosses - PIA dont have a DG, there's is no IG Sindh, Pak Security Exchange Company has no boss, Pak Steel doesnt have any Chairman, there are 20 in total, even today. Even this is because of the Army.

Right?
Dont ruin the thread, dude!

Agreed! :D

Over and out!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom