What's new

T-625 & Turkish Utility Helicopter Programs

They followed same procedure as they did with Mangusta conversion to ATAK.
Otherwise you can't develop air platforms from zero to product so fast.

This is a zero product, no license product from engine to electonics...

Can you explain in more detail so I can understand what you are trying to say.

Quoted Robust from TRMil

"Hayır, sayın robustun da dediği gibi TUSAŞ burada en iyi bildiği 2 aracı birleştirdi biri T129 diğeri de uzun süre ürettiği AW139.
TUSAŞ yıllarca AW139 gövdesini üretti bunu üretmeyi biliyor ama bu kendi istediği sistemden büyük bu noktada ana hatlarıyla AW139 üretiminde çalışacak ekibe kolaylık sağlayacak kadar benzer ama yeterince farklı bir tasarım yapılmıştır."

This is a zero product, no license product from engine to electonics...
NO, TUSAS build long time AW-139 body parts and gained long experience.

https://www.tai.com.tr/tr/proje/aw139-programi

Last edited:
Quoted Robust from TRMil

"Hayır, sayın robustun da dediği gibi TUSAŞ burada en iyi bildiği 2 aracı birleştirdi biri T129 diğeri de uzun süre ürettiği AW139.
TUSAŞ yıllarca AW139 gövdesini üretti bunu üretmeyi biliyor ama bu kendi istediği sistemden büyük bu noktada ana hatlarıyla AW139 üretiminde çalışacak ekibe kolaylık sağlayacak kadar benzer ama yeterince farklı bir tasarım yapılmıştır."

NO, TUSAS build long time AW-139 body parts and gained long experience.

https://www.tai.com.tr/tr/proje/aw139-programi

Stop spreading crap Hurshid. You're quoting randoms on forums.

Stop spreading crap Hurshid. You're quoting randoms on forums.

Stop attacking me with names of other members name. Are you insane ? If you spread only propaganda thats crap.
People has the right to know how a a product evolved.
Do you think that China developed its missiles and air platforms from ZERO ?
I gave you the link that TAI is one of main contractors of AW 139 and that they gained experience , so that they could develop an domestic product combining T-129 and AW 139 experience .

I used to quote a very respected member of a Turkish Defence Forum who is the same opinion.

Source :

It would be more accurate to say the smaller brother of AW-139. The AW-139 is in the 6.5 ton class and the T625 is in the 5-5.5 ton class, 139 1 ton more. Also AW-139 payload can carry 15 passengers + 2 pilots, T625 12 + 2. Ours is becoming a teak with a street rush. An out-of-the-way aerodynamic design, and the cab geometry are similar, it can be estimated to be 90-95% gore to the AW-139. Agusta has an AW169, for example, in the 4-4.5 ton class. If you look at the Eger series, you will find AW-139 (6.5 ton, 15 + 2 pilot), AW-169 (4.5 ton, 10 passenger + 2 pilot), AW-149 (8.5 ton for the TUHP won by our T- Pilot), AW-159 (Westland's new designason, 6 tonnes) and AW-189 (19 passengers specially designed for the civilian sector + 2 pilots). There is no helicopter in this list that fits the T-625 profile, the AW-159 is the closest but the latest version of the British Westland Super Lynx helicopter.

Which is the TAI's best-known helicopter if you are actually a very simple mentality? T129. Then we can say that helicopter dynamical systems (motor, transmission, transmission systems, flight control systems etc.) which are best known are basically a helicopter designed as a kosher for Turkey. The T-129 already has an engine. Does Agusta's contribution and subsystem-based products exist? There are absolutely, simply the main rotor system, the transmission, the tail rotor, the 3-axis automatic flight control system can be helping with AgustaW or license agreements. These systems are the most critical parts of the helicopter, so if you want to develop them in the middle, we would be more cooook for the national helicopter. Hopefully the prototypes are produced without problems and they do their tests with success. This project is an example to us in future projects.

Personally my opinion is same as robust's opinion, and i agree with robust's opinion.

But, my opinion or his opinion are not facts nor proofs. Opinions cannot be a fact nor proof.

We can say this; "His opinion is xyz and i agree with this", we cannot say this; "his opinion is xyz so that is xyz, period."

Personally my opinion is same as robust's opinion, and i agree with robust's opinion.

But, my opinion or his opinion are not facts nor proofs. Opinions cannot be a fact nor proof.

We can say this; "His opinion is xyz and i agree with this", we cannot say this; "his opinion is xyz so that is xyz, period."
No need to further derailing but guessing we are agreeing to respect people's thought's and contributions. We also need to learn to watch our mouths, especially when whe have no idea who they are...

No need to further derailing but guessing whe are agreeing to respect people's thought's and contributions. We also need to learn to watch our mouths, especially when whe have no idea who they are...

But era_shield didnt disrespect robust. He just told Hurşid not to quote random people from random forums to be used as a proof since forum posts are opinions and not proofs, and he is right.

Also, "random" is not an offansive word, it means one of the thing out of lots of things. Random forum member means a member out of all forum members. No need to get triggered on era_shield's post, he is right.

Hurşid, you really need to stop quoting people from random forums, they are not sources. They are just people that write their own opinions. Opinions are not facts.

A pure national beauty

C_cp19_WAAAssFO.jpg

IDEF 2017: Turkey’s first commercial heli unveiled
Turkish Aerospace Industries has unveiled a full-scale mock-up of its T625 helicopter at this year's IDEF exhibition.

10th May 2017 - 15:39 by Grant Turnbull in Istanbul

The 6t helicopter is the first commercial rotorcraft to be completely designed and developed in the country, marking a major step forward in the country's indigenous aerospace design and manufacturing capability.

The company is aiming to conduct the T625's first flight by next year and current schedules indicate that EASA certification will be achieved by 2020, though a TAI spokesperson stressed that date is subject to change.

If the company can meet its aggressive development schedule and achieve certification, the T625 could present stiff competition to the established European helicopter manufacturers such as Leonardo Helicopters and Airbus Helicopters.

Placing itself firmly in the 6t MTOW category means that the T625 will compete directly with the Leonardo Helicopters AW139 and the new H160 from Airbus Helicopters. How this could affect their sales is yet to be determined, but it will be interesting to see how the market dynamic changes with the inclusion of a new, non-European manufacturer.

The T625 is powered by two LHTEC T800-4A turboshaft engines, the same powerplants utilised on the T129 attack helicopter also manufactured by TAI.

Much of the skills and expertise required to design and build a helicopter from scratch has been accrued on the T-129 ATAK programme, which was a cooperation effort with Leonardo. However, the Anglo-Italian company has, for the time being at least, had no involvement in the new helicopter project according to one Leonardo official.

The TAI spokesperson said that plans are underway to eventually utilise a Turkish-made engine for the helicopter. The transmission, rotors and landing gear are all manufactured in Turkey, along with the structural elements and avionics.

A total of 12 passengers can be carried along with two crews. According to technical specifications put forward by TAI, the helicopter will have a max cruise speed of 165 knots (306km/h), a service ceiling of 20,000ft, a 740+km range and an endurance of around 3.8 hours.

The main rotor diameter is 13.2m, and the length of the aircraft when rotors are turning is 15.9m. Height is a little under 13ft.

At the IDEF exhibition, the aircraft was shown in a passenger-carrying configuration with 12 seats in the cabin. Other configurations could include emergency medical services, offshore and VIP.

TAI displayed a mock-up of a VIP cabin at the exhibition, featuring a spacious four-seat cabin configuration.

https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/rotorhub/idef-2017-turkeys-first-commercial-heli-unveiled/

Back
Top Bottom