What's new

T-625 & Turkish Utility Helicopter Programs

The T-629 will be only 500 kg heavier than the T-129. In return, engine power will increase proportionally. The best features of the T-129, namely agility and the ability to perform missions with high performance in the "High&Hot" environment, will be preserved on the T-629.

Since materials that will not be a problem to import are preferred, the TS-1400 engine is approximately 25-30 kg heavier than the LHTEC CTS 800 engine. However, it can produce 160 SHP more continuous power than the CTS 800 variant used in the T-129.

In the not too distant future, our material technology will reach the level of the materials used in the CTS 800. Then the TS-1400 engine also goes on a diet and is lightened by 25-30 kg.
In order to navalize the T629 I think more composite materials will be used, which is going to make the aircraft lighter than it would be.

It could end up just as light as T129 unless feature creep kicks in. (which it usually does)

Didn't Temel Kotil say it would be 1 ton heavier?

Additionally, TEI CEO Mahmut Akşit said that 360 degree lubrication was required for the military version of the TS1400. I have never heard of such a project being initiated. ??
He was probably talking about max. takeoff weight or something.

I have never heard of such a project being initiated. ??
As far as I know, work has started on a military standard lubrication system. It's a simple job anyway, it won't take long to complete.

By the way, there is something I forgot to mention. If we integrated the TS-1400 engine into the T-129, we would have to continue paying the license money to the Italians. Instead, it would be more profitable to continue with the T-629, all rights of which belong to us.

I'm seeing a lot of Gokbey posts everywhere. How long until we see serial non testing production and when do you guys think we will see the first export contracts?

Won't LHTEC supply engines?

Will we wait until 2026?

They are going straight to the T1400 for production, the LHTEC was only used for prototype testing early on I think. Its probably going to be an engine option for foreign sales I think, if requested.

True and first 3 Gökbey will be delivered with CTS-800 engines. Later with TS-1400 engine.
I hope those 3 get delivered to land forces command who already operats CTS-800s, it's such a weird decision. It would be confusing for the pilots and mechanics alike.

Just put the CTS-800s into the spare bin why bother with them at that point?

I guess prototypes built with CTS-800 can't accept TS-1400 for some reason

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom