What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Firqa Fajr al-Tawhid released a new video. Rebels took over Zimrin. Interesting footage, looks like from Hollywood movie. Escaping Assadists were driveby shooting at the rebels. Rebels retaliated. Car crashed. Assadists were captured dead.

Turkey should let IS destroy PKK safe havens and protected space for retreat. Then Turkey should form an international force to fight IS. I would suggest an all Sunni force from these countries - Pakistan, Bangladesh, Indonesia and Egypt with 10k soldiers each. With air support from NATO and GCC this force should then exterminate IS. The salary for this peace keeping soldiers should be $2000/month with a death insurance of $100,000. It should be paid for by GCC countries.

The end game should be: the above force controlling the Sunni areas of Iraq and Syria, while Iran controls the Shia majority areas of Iraq and Syria (Latakia etc.). Then there should be elections in both Syria and Iraq for an inclusive govt. The peace keeping forces will stay in their respective areas as long as necessary.

2000 a month, that's higher then soldiers get in Western Europe. Btw some strange idea you came up with this time.

o_O:rofl:

Iraq and Syria are both sovereign Arab states. None of the locals will or do accept any foreign rule. Influence is inevitable but such a proposal is completely unrealistic. It is an internal affair of ME states. The GCC, possibly Turkey and the US and its allies will do the job in terms of air strikes if necessary. They already did so, minus Turkey. I doubt that anyone is willing to risk their soldiers in foreign lands. They will be seen as occupiers by all parties. Locals, ISIS and the Syrian/Iraqi governments alike.

US, Turkey, GCC no one has the appetite to loose their precious soldiers lives, meanwhile there is no boots on the ground. Someone has to put these rabid stray dogs out of their misery, but no one is coming forward. If the IS gets entrenched, the countries under biggest threat will be first Jordan and then KSA. IS is no laughing matter for your country bro.

@BLACKEAGLE i think it would better if you add the name of the location and the group for explanation, like Harakat Hazm -Handarat, Liwa Tawhid -Tel Hamra etc... For non-Arabic readers.

US, Turkey, GCC no one has the appetite to loose their precious soldiers lives, meanwhile there is no boots on the ground. Someone has to put these rabid stray dogs out of their misery, but no one is coming forward. If the IS gets entrenched, the biggest country under threat will be first Jordan and then KSA. IS is no laughing matter for your country bro.

Mate, your idea is good on paper but you do not know the psyche of Arabs. Even if for instance Egypt proposed to deploy troops to either Syria or Iraq the governments would be against it due to pride. Locals are fiercely independent in most Arab countries. ISIS are Khawarij. "No on is coming forward". The US and the GCC states have just bombed them well over 300 times in both Syria and Iraq. Anyway bombing campaigns are not going to remove them. What is needed is to look at the causes for their appearance and local support in the first place which is a long story that involves failed rulers in Iraq and Syria, failed policies, sectarianism, rivalry, distrust, political vacuum, the silence of the international community to the ongoing mass-murder committed by the Al-Assad terror regime and thus the creation of ISIS, the growing radicalism among the locals due to those prolonged conflicts and a lot of other issues that are too many to mention here.

Had the regional powers and the international community acted much, much sooner in Syria (ISIS and Al-Nusra and other such groups first emerged in Syria well over 1 year INTO the conflict) this would not have happened. The Americans should never have left Iraq this early either but Al-Maliki (a classified fool sadly) wanted them gone under Iranian pressure. That's the pride I am speaking about. Likewise the Americans who entered Iraq in 2003 should never have disbanded the entire state apparatus nor banned all people related to the former regime from working for the state (police, army etc.). Overnight hundreds of thousands men lost their jobs. Then came the Shia dominated politics that were sectarian by nature and they wanted revenge for years of discrimination.

ISIS is not going to spread to either Jordan or KSA. Mark my words. The most that can happen will be sporadic suicide attacks, bombings, assassinations etc. just like with Al-Qaeda during the early and mid 2000's before they were defeated. ISIS can only function in war-thorn countries with no strong civil apparatus. Just like Taliban in Afghanistan, Al-Shabaab in Somalia etc.

2000 a month, that's higher then soldiers get in Western Europe. Btw some strange idea you came up with this time.

Professional soldiers will not risk their life for nothing, its cheaper than bringing in blackwater for example. My idea is less strange than the rise of IS and now holding ground in good parts of Iraq and Syria, despite the air strikes and them eventually taking over Jordan, KSA, UAE, Kuwait and Qatar. Left unchecked, there is no telling what IS will do next. It is actually kind of fun to watch IS making progress against all odds. You gotta give them credit for their tenacity.

Mate, your idea is good on paper but you do not know the psyche of Arabs. Even if for instance Egypt proposed to deploy troops to either Syria or Iraq the governments would be against it due to pride. Locals are fiercely independent in most Arab countries. ISIS are Khawarij. "No on is coming forward". The US and the GCC states have just bombed them well over 300 times in both Syria and Iraq. Anyway bombing campaigns are not going to remove them. What is needed is to look at the causes for their appearance and local support in the first place which is a long story that involves failed rulers in Iraq and Syria, failed policies, sectarianism, rivalry, distrust, political vacuum, the silence of the international community to the ongoing mass-murder committed by the Al-Assad terror regime and thus the creation of ISIS, the growing radicalism among the locals due to those prolonged conflicts and a lot of other issues that are too many to mention here.

Had the regional powers and the international community acted much, much sooner in Syria (ISIS and Al-Nusra and other such groups first emerged in Syria well over 1 year INTO the conflict) this would not have happened. The Americans should never have left Iraq this early either but Al-Maliki (a classified fool sadly) wanted them goon under Iranian pressure. Likewise the Americans who entered Iraq in 2003 should never have disbanded the entire state apparatus nor banned all people related to the former regime from working for the state (police, army etc.). Overnight hundreds of thousands men lost their jobs. Then came the Shia dominated politics that were sectarian by nature and they wanted revenge for years of discrimination.

ISIS is not going to spread to either Jordan or KSA. Mark my words. The most that can happen will be sporadic suicide attacks, bombings, assassinations etc. just like with Al-Qaeda during the early and mid 2000's before they were defeated.

I hope IS does not spread to any more countries, but future is unpredictable. IS was loosing support with the public, but with US-NATO-GCC bombing campaign, they are gaining back public support in Sunni areas of Iraq and Syria. KSA training a new moderate force to take on IS in Syria is still a pipe dream. By the time its ready, IS will have consolidated its position. If IS becomes a permanent state and achieve some success in governance, it will definitely destabilize GCC states. The US knows the danger, that is why they acted fast, but they will not put boots on the ground, even if some GCC states fell to IS.

Last edited:
That is why I said Erdogan will rather see Kurds defeated by IS. But eventually IS will move in Turkey. Their ideology will spread sooner or later.

This is where you guys wrong because of your experience but Turkish society is not Pakistani society. Their ideolology can spread as much as it spreads in US.....

Professional soldiers will not risk their life for nothing, its cheaper than bringing in blackwater for example. My idea is less strange than the rise of IS and now holding ground in good parts of Iraq and Syria, despite the air strikes and them eventually taking over Jordan, KSA, UAE, Kuwait and Qatar. Left unchecked, there is no telling what IS will do next. It is actually kind of fun to watch IS making progress against all odds. You gotta give them credit for their tenacity.

ISIS are yet to capture half of Iraq and Syria (something they will never do) and you are talking about them conquering some countries that never experienced terrorism of any kind in their entire modern history? That's a bit TOO far-fetched I would say.

ISIS will be combated by the local Iraqis and Syrians just like in other places. The key is found among them. Anyway there has been some good progress in Iraq of late by the local Arab families/clans/tribes in various provinces. Also in Syria. If Syria and Iraq were stable states like once before ISIS would not have gained a foothold there. But during wars such groups (just extreme groups in general) are bound to occur I am afraid.

Training forces takes time whether locals or foreigners, why foreigners when the local manpower is sufficient ? if you send foreigners without training they will die as well.

That's why they're ( US, NATO and several other generals who participated in the meeting as seen in a vid ) planning to re-train, re-structure the army and form the national guard which will be locals guarding their area, Australia is about to begin with it, it takes time. It makes sense that ISIS advances in Iraq, the amount of corruption and incapability from commanders to parliament leaders causes it. Maliki insists on using the fake bomb detector to hide his failure, the army commanders mass recruit soldiers and send them to their death without training and a lot of other stuff too much to name.

US, Turkey, GCC no one has the appetite to loose their precious soldiers lives, meanwhile there is no boots on the ground. Someone has to put these rabid stray dogs out of their misery, but no one is coming forward. If the IS gets entrenched, the countries under biggest threat will be first Jordan and then KSA. IS is no laughing matter for your country bro.
the thing is, IS is not going to be a mere 'go in, kill them all, leave' mission for any country. combating such terrorism will have long term complications if not dealt properly since the start. their leadership must be killed consequently, their ideology must be combated, the reason must be killed. by merely bombing them, pumping them full with lead will change nothing at all. New brainwashed cannon fodder can be found easily, i guess. Therefore any country that will place boots on the ground must be committed for many years. difference between US and regional countries is that the US is on the other side of the world. they dont care, they bomb, they destroy, they torture, they do whatever they please without any serious repercussion against their homeland. Turkey and Arab countries dont have this privilege. entering war with ISIS will do harm to our countries and it will please countries who hold grudges against us. It's a complex situation.

what makes it even more interesting for me is how that Baghdadi guy suddenly has disappeared. Guess we will see some Bin Laden style videos of Baghdadi, just to remind us of the boogeyman. wasnt this Baghdadi guy giving some speech in a mosque, yet no one has been able to track him despite all the intelligence power of the west? will we mysteriously see him become fish food as well? Dont know why, but i have the feeling IS is nothing but a project of certain western powers (going by how they supported groups whenever it suited them) that want to create an even bigger mess in the ME to suck in as much countries as possible, fuel sunni-shia problems, redraw borders if possible. hope i am wrong.

I hope IS does not spread to any more countries, but future is unpredictable. IS was loosing support with the public, but with US-NATO-GCC bombing campaign, they are gaining back public support in Sunni areas of Iraq and Syria. KSA training a new moderate force to take on IS in Syria is still a pipe dream. By the time its ready, IS will have consolidated its position. If IS becomes a permanent state and achieve some success in governance, it will definitely destabilize GCC states. The US knows the danger, that is why they acted fast, but they will not put boots on the ground, even if some GCC states fell to IS.

Yes, it is indeed. I am not so sure about that. Actually most of the locals do not support them but it only takes a few thousand armed men to capture whole towns anyway and with the excellent propaganda campaign that ISIS has created and their brutality even those that are able to resist will fear resisting because ISIS has not held back when giving out collective punishments to whole tribes, families, villages etc.

Anyway all this was the job of the Iraqi and Syrian army but we know that they failed miserably due to corruption, lack of training, representing regimes (more so in Syria) etc.

I do not think that this proposal ever materialized. As I said if those things I touched upon were done much, much earlier in Syria we would not be here. ISIS has been present in Iraq since 2003. In fact before 2003. It's just now that they have become so powerful thanks to the situation in Syria.

The US, China (biggest trading partner of the GCC by far) and other powerful actors have so many interests in the GCC that such a thing would not happen. Anyway the Saudi Arabian army is very capable to protect its lands and KSA is too huge and a too difficult country to fully control for any non-state actor. The US would even find it extremely difficult to control KSA due to the vast mountainous areas, wild areas, desert areas of all kind (highland deserts, lowland), the thousands of valleys, highlands, steppes, geography in general, enormous distances etc.

You should read up on the Saudi Arabian and Iraqi border. It's one of the most secure borders in the world and KSA has military and air bases in the Northern provinces/regions. It's a heavily militarized area of KSA.

I also believe that the Muslim world will never look silently should the impossible happen and ISIS for instance being able to conquer Makkah and Madinah. This would be the downfall of modern Muslim civilization as we know it if such a thing happened.

Just my two cents.

Training forces takes time whether locals or foreigners, why foreigners when the local manpower is sufficient ? if you send foreigners without training they will die as well.

That's why they're ( US, NATO and several other generals who participated in the meeting as seen in a vid ) planning to re-train, re-structure the army and form the national guard which will be locals guarding their area, Australia is about to begin with it, it takes time. It makes sense that ISIS advances in Iraq, the amount of corruption and incapability from commanders to parliament leaders causes it. Maliki insists on using the fake bomb detector to hide his failure, the army commanders mass recruit soldiers and send them to their death without training and a lot of other stuff too much to name.

That is the key you mentioned, training. That is why I mentioned bringing in already trained armed forces from other countries, Sunni's for Sunni areas and Shia's for Shia areas, till the local forces are trained to take over. Both Syria and Iraq need proportional participation of Sunni, Shia etc. in their armed and security forces. This will never happen under current govt. in Iraq. No one now effectively represents from Sunni area of Iraq and Syria, that is why IS have taken over in this vacuum. An effective representation can only take shape under an "international" peace keeping force that is formed from professional armies which is from their own sect, it did not happen under an "enemy" sect for last 11 years and it will not happen in the future for the same reason, which is each sect is trying to wipe out the existence of other and drive them out from their own area.

Back
Top Bottom