What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Kurdish fighters of the Islamic State have already captured the eastern half of Kobane. Viva Islamia!

This spells bad news for Turkey, if we take the high Kurdish birth rates into consideration. Will the future Kurds remain loyal to Turkey, after seeing their country openly siding with Arab Sunni terrorists?

I am optimistic.

Salafism taken to extreme is IS, but since it has become so extreme, now many moderate Salafi's now calling them Khawarij to deflect blame and differentiate, whereas these Khawarij traits of intolerance and takfirism are actually shared by Salafi's as well. Sorry if I am mistaken on this bro, but many are of this opinion from non-Salafi mainstream Sunni camp, which I have posted on that thread on extremism. I have posted about Shia extremism as well, which is the mirror image, but they prefer more organized state terrorism like Israel, which is harder to condemn and easier to justify.

IS will be the biggest threat for Israel if it survives. West or Israel is not behind IS, it is indigenous and born from chaos of war and helplessness of Sunni's of Iraq and then Syria and Takfiri Salafism is their ideology.

They cannot adhere to Salafism (which itself has many branches) when ISIS are not following basic Islamic tenants. It's pretty illogical to make such a conclusion. Unless Salafists follow another religion other than Islam which I have seen no evidence of. Even the most extreme Shias are following Islam but a shortly different version from other versions of Islam. Yet people who act like ISIS can never be considered as adhering to any Muslim sect.

I am not a "Salafi" so I have no reason to defend them. I am a Sunni Muslim of the Shafi'i fiqh just like most Hijazis who are either that or adhere to the Hanbali or Maliki fiqh which a small minority adhering to Sufism. KSA is the indigenous home to most of the Sunni and Shia Islamic sects and we have all major Sunni and Shia sects native to our lands including sufism which originated in Hijaz and the oldest Sufi orders as well.

ISIS have the typical traits of Khawarij and are also described as such by the most respected Muslim scholars out there whether Sunni or Shia.

ISIS is yet to even threaten Israel. Just like Al-Qaeda never attacked Israel. Yet much weaker groups succeeded in doing so. I am just saying that Israel benefits from this chaos and I have no doubt that they will do their bit to ensure that the ME stays weak so they can be safe. I would do the same if I was a decision maker in Israel. Of course they are happy to see ME in turmoil while they are safe.

You are right training is what it's all about, in Iraq there is one force which is highly trained and capable, this is not me boasting about them it's simply what they've shown when they captured Mosul dam and are still holding Baji refinery despite so many ISIS attacks, it's ISOF. The US spent time on training them whereas the rest was took as a joke, the masses were forgotten. What are 10K going to do anyway, theres need for 300K capable forces.

None in the country want foreign forces to come, Abadi himself rejected it, certainly not random non government affiliated people with a huge chance of them joining ISIS themselves. They don't want Iranian forces to come in either. Locals are the only ones who can solve it, foreigners do nothing but add trouble, except for foreigners affiliated to governments coming to help. Anyway if you insist you can go yourself..

10k x 5 countries armed forces = 50k. I do not belong to any armed forces. Iraq or Syria do not exist as countries any more if you have not noticed, your govt. writ is only valid in parts of your country not all of it.

This spells bad news for Turkey, if we take the high Kurdish birth rates into consideration. Will the future Kurds remain loyal to Turkey, after seeing their country openly siding with Arab Sunni terrorists?
well pkk have terrorized to turkey for30 years it shows that this will be final their.. ha ha :lol:

10k x 5 countries armed forces = 50k. I do not belong to any armed forces. Iraq or Syria do not exist as countries any more if you have not noticed, your govt. writ is only valid in parts of your country not all of it.

Of course Syria and Iraq exist, the loss of area to ISIS isn't the end of those states, ISIS won't remain forever.

50k.. it's a worthless idea.

Of course Syria and Iraq exist, the loss of area to ISIS isn't the end of those states, ISIS won't remain forever.

50k.. it's a worthless idea.

I know the idea will not fly, regardless of its merit. But be prepared to live with IS, it is here to stay and it is not dying out any time soon. You guys in the region need to come up with out of box solutions to out of the box problems, so far no one came up with an idea that will fly. I just thought I would share this as it crossed my mind as something that could work, knowing fully well that no one in the region will accept it, even these countries may not agree to get involved.

I know the idea will not fly, regardless of its merit. But be prepared to live with IS, it is here to stay and it is not dying out any time soon. You guys in the region need to come up with out of box solutions to out of the box problems, so far no one came up with an idea that will fly. I just thought I would share this as it crossed my mind as something that could work, knowing fully well that no one in the region will accept it, even these countries may not agree to get involved.

I'm not in that region, us guys have no power, govs have. Iraq and Syria are not like Afghanistan where they can hide in mountains, here they only have cities to hide in, if locals turn against them they have the desert where airpower will finish them. It won't take that long. Still some years though yes.

The purpose behind the idea is good but it is not realistic for the reasons I gave you. ISIS will be defeated. Iraq, believe it or not, was in an even bigger civil war and in even bigger chaos when the Americans were on the ground during months back in 2006 and 2007 until the locals together with the US defeated Al-Qaeda back in 2008 and 2009. When the US left Iraq in December 2011 ISIS was almost gone. When the Syrian conflict really started going nuts at the same time a power vacuum was created. Al-Maliki's failed policies also helped a lot and the lack of an Iraqi air force and strong and independent army.

There is no need to do ISIS a service by talking about them conquering the entire Arabian Peninsula and Jordan, Turkey, Israel and what not. This is obviously never going to happen.

How many months now have we heard about Baghdad just falling in a few days yet this is not even close to happening? How many months if not years have we heard about Al-Qaeda/terrorist group x or y conquering the ME, Pakistan etc. in a matter of weeks?

The fight against ISIS will be nasty and long (it already is) but the locals and the ME will prevail. Like countless of times before. We have faced much, much worse situations before. Just in Iraq. Much of it is also blown out of proportion. Look at the actual casualties for instance.

It's not about having any answers. The GCC has and remains the most stable and prosperous part of the Muslim world. Our lands are home to one of the biggest riches on the planet that are key for the world stability. Let alone our strategic location, let alone the US military bases in Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain and Qatar. China also has their interests and other world powers.

Let's not even talk about our Arab allies or the fact that Makkah and Madinah lies in our lands. ISIS even thinking about conquering that and you will have millions of Muslims volunteers ready to defend the holy lands tomorrow. Solely on the Arabian Peninsula let alone among the remaining almost 500 million Arabs or the 1.7 billion Muslims!

Take over Saudi oil fields that lie in the Eastern Province hundreds of km from Iraq?

The people inside our lands who support ISIS are a tiny minority and those who support them support them not because they love their ideology but because it is perceived that they are attacking the enemies (Al-Assad, Hezbollah, Shia militias) which are all considered allies of the Mullah's in Iran. The archenemy. If ISIS started killing civilians in KSA 90% of those that support them would turn against them. That's solely why a minority even support ISIS. If those people really wanted ISIS rule they would have established it already or rebelled actively in KSA. What stops an ISIS supporter from blowing himself up in Abha, Tai'f, Al-Hasa, Tabouk or Jazan?

LOL. You mean country. We will die for our ancient and beautiful lands. Not some royal family. Not sure what you are talking about. Our soldiers fight for the fatherland, the holy land and their families. Not the state of head. Which can change any moment.

Actually most of 1.7 billion Muslims including 500 million Arabs would like to see nothing better than the fall of GCC monarchs, sorry to break the news to you bro, but that is the plain fact, although I have nothing personally against them.

When GCC ground troops attack IS and do some real damage then I will change my mind about loyalty and competence of GCC armed forces.

The purpose behind the idea is good but it is not realistic for the reasons I gave you. ISIS will be defeated. Iraq, believe it or not, was in an even bigger civil war and in even bigger chaos when the Americans were on the ground during months back in 2006 and 2007 until the locals together with the US defeated Al-Qaeda back in 2008 and 2009. When the US left Iraq in December 2011 ISIS was almost gone. When the Syrian conflict really started going nuts at the same time a power vacuum was created. Al-Maliki's failed policies also helped a lot and the lack of an Iraqi air force and strong and independent army.

There is no need to do ISIS a service by talking about them conquering the entire Arabian Peninsula and Jordan, Turkey, Israel and what not. This is obviously never going to happen.

How many months now have we heard about Baghdad just falling in a few days yet this is not even close to happening? How many months if not years have we heard about Al-Qaeda/terrorist group x or y conquering the ME, Pakistan etc. in a matter of weeks?

The fight against ISIS will be nasty and long (it already is) but the locals and the ME will prevail. Like countless of times before. We have faced much, much worse situations before. Just in Iraq. Much of it is also blown out of proportion. Look at the actual casualties for instance.

Turkey and Israel can handle IS as there is very little internal support for IS in these countries, but that is not the same for GCC countries or Jordan. Anyway bro, thanks for the exchange of ideas, it was good talking to you after long time.

Actually most of 1.7 billion Muslims including 500 million Arabs would like to see nothing better than the fall of GCC monarchs, sorry to break the news to you bro, but that is the plain fact, although I have nothing personally against them.

When GCC ground troops attack IS and do some real damage then I will change my mind about loyalty and competence of GCC armed forces.

Well, I guess this applies to ALL Muslim governments. Including yours. But in fact many Arabs not even from the GCC support the GCC policies vehemently. This forum alone is evidence of it. Let alone non-Arabs.

What loyalty? Why should GCC forces attack ISIS in Syria and Iraq (non-GCC countries) when nobody else is doing it? Fellow Arab states or not. The KSA-Iraqi border is safe. Southern Iraq is safe. KSA does not border Syria.

If anything it's Turkey that needs to show their teeth as they are directly bordering the chaos. Tiny Lebanon and Jordan are unable to do so as they have their own problems and are much less powerful than Turkey.

GCC already did our part by bombing ISIS in Syria and Iraq. We have nothing to prove to the Muslim world who are doing nothing on the ground.

The GCC is the safest part of the Muslim world and the most prosperous. We are moving forward at high speeds on almost all fronts. ISIS is not going to stop that or anybody else.

Ayn Al Arab / Kobane has fallen. IS will rename the city "Ayn Al Islam".

Good night.

Turkey and Israel can handle IS as there is very little internal support for IS in these countries, but that is not the same for GCC countries or Jordan. Anyway bro, thanks for the exchange of ideas, it was good talking to you after long time.

Israel is not even a Muslim country so why even add them? Of course there will be little support for ISIS. Turkey has apparently 1000 members in the ISIS. Now how many ISIS members are from Oman? Figures show less than 50. How many from Qatar? Figures show less than 50. How many from UAE? Figures show less than 50. How many from Bahrain? Figures show less than 50. Kuwait has about 200 members. KSA about 1500. The foreign minister of KSA has said recently that there are 2000 Saudi Arabian fighters in Syria and Iraq. (All groups - not solely ISIS).

Now the local population is about 45 million or so in the GCC. 45 million divided by 2000. How big a percentage is that?

You are welcome, bro. Nice talking to you again although we obviously don't agree with everything but that's fine and it would be boring if we did.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom