What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Now the local population is about 45 million or so in the GCC. 45 million divided by 2000. How big a percentage is that?
Divide 1000 by 80 million and you will see how insignifanct the Turkish presence is compared to North African countrys, even more if you consider that the most who joined isis from Turkey are from South eastern provinces who probably are Arabs by a big percentage of the recruits.

@kalu_miah

Anyway I am all for putting those 1500 ISIS members from KSA into forced labour camps (as long as they are not under 18 years which about 10-15% of them are based on accounts) and let them be our free work-force until they reach old age whereupon they will be beheaded and their corpses used as fertilizer for the local farmlands etc. Of course this is not going to happen but if I was in power I would do it and if the outside world did not knew, LOL.

Divide 1000 by 80 million and you will see how insignifanct the Turkish presence is compared to North African countrys, even more if you consider that the most who joined isis from Turkey are from South eastern provinces who probably are Arabs by a big percentage of the recruits.

I do not think that they are necessarily Turkish Arabs. Most Arabs in Turkey are apparently Alevi. I doubt that they would have joined ISIS. I am not saying that the percentage is big in Turkey. I am just putting the supposed "support" into perspective regarding the GCC states. People have also started talking about Turkey as the hotbed for ISIS now when we all can see that the percentage is laughably small. Just like everywhere else.

Last edited:
Israel is not even a Muslim country so why even add them? Of course there will be little support for ISIS. Turkey has apparently 1000 members in the ISIS. Now how many ISIS members are from Oman? Figures show less than 50. How many from Qatar? Figures show less than 50. How many from UAE? Figures show less than 50. How many from Bahrain? Figures show less than 50. Kuwait has about 200 members. KSA about 1500. The foreign minister of KSA has said recently that there are 2000 Saudi Arabian fighters in Syria and Iraq. (All groups - not solely ISIS).

Now the local population is about 45 million or so in the GCC. 45 million divided by 2000. How big a percentage is that?

You are welcome, bro. Nice talking to you again although we obviously don't agree with everything but that's fine and it would be boring if we did.

Thanks for the figures bro. Behind every fighter who is fighting, I would not be surprised if there are tens of thousands of silent supporters within GCC countries. So that is the % that counts, not the actual fighters.

Turkey does not have many Salafi's as far as I can tell, but Sunni Arab population in the region has large Salafi %, if I am not wrong.

I mentioned Israel because that was in your post to which I was replying.
Lets agree to disagree on some issues bro. All the best to you and KSA.:cheers:

Thanks for the figures bro. Behind every fighter who is fighting, I would not be surprised if there are tens of thousands of silent supporters within GCC countries. So that is the % that counts, not the actual fighters.

Turkey does not have many Salafi's as far as I can tell, but Sunni Arab population in the region has large Salafi populations, if I am not wrong.

I mentioned Israel because that was in your post to which I was replying.
Lets agree to disagree on some issues bro. All the best to you and KSA.:cheers:

You can google those figures too. All are estimates but there cannot be huge variations between the estimates. For instance if 90% of all sources give a figure of about 1500-2000 fighters then it is highly unlikely if not impossible for there to be for example 10.000 fighters. Yes, there are probably a few thousand indeed. But I told you already why most of them "support" ISIS. If ISIS started attacking KSA and killing civilians 90% of those "supporters" (who are not supporting ISIS financially, physically etc.) but at most writing idiotic comments on the internet (keyboard Jihadist's) they would stop supporting ISIS.

Salafis are a small minority in the Arab world. Not more than 3-5% overall. In KSA the people they call "Wahhabis" (which honestly speaking have nothing to do with ISIS) form about 25% of the population. Yet some outside media falsely claim that it is 99%. Totally omitting the great religious diversity of KSA in terms of Muslims.

I do not think that you know about the fact that KSA has Shafi'i, Hanbali Maliki, Hanafi, Sufism among Sunnis (I mentioned them according to popularity) and Twelvers, Zaydis and Ismailis among Shias (I did the same with the Shia sects here). All are NATIVES and are native to various provinces in KSA.

80336793f1f635d9c3a5ede66d11d206.jpg

That map is not fully correct either (a lot of the populated areas of KSA are for unknown reasons not shown) while non-populated land of nearby countries are shown as populated but it is the most accurate out there.

Probably in your worldview the Hanbali adherents would be considered Salafis yet most Hanbali Sunnis in KSA do not even come close to the ideology of ISIS. For instance they do not believe in killing anyone that does not share the same interpretation of Islam etc. If this was the case the 3-4 million or so Shias in KSA would have been killed off a long time ago let alone the Sunnis of other sects. While non-Muslims/Khawarij such as ISIS kill ANYONE that does not agree with them. Even other radicals (Al-Nusra).

The Najdi-dominated clergy of KSA are following the Hanbali fiqh.

Hanbali - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Those silly maps on Wikipedia are highly inaccurate. For instance they claim that the WHOLE of KSA is Hanbali which is obviously complete and utter nonsense. I guess that we killed off 3-4 million of our own Shia citizens (Twelver, Zaydi and Ismaili overnight ( :lol: ) let alone the Shafi'is, Malikis, Hanafis, Sufis (all 4 combined are the majority of KSA) among the Sunni Muslims.
I wish you good luck too and to Bangladesh as well.:):cheers:

Last edited:
the kurds are going crazy in turkey and europe. it was fun to watch the commies vs russian chechin isis. oh the irony.

Dukanya has Green eyes

The Syrian army have fully liberated Dukanya in eastern Ghouta

Islamic State conflict: Militants capture Kobane districts
22 minutes ago

Islamic State (IS) militants have taken control of three districts in the Syria-Turkey border town of Kobane after street-to-street fighting with Syrian Kurd defenders.

IS fighters entered the eastern districts on Monday, raising their black flag on buildings and hills.

A local official in Kobane, Idriss Nassan, told the BBC that the town would "certainly fall soon".

Rebecca Williams reports.

BBC News - Islamic State conflict: Militants capture Kobane districts

Videos from yesterday. FSA, allied with YPG is fighting against IS in the south of Ayn Al Arab. These 3 videos prove that IS controls south of the town.

Note: IS has reached the city center by now.

This is where you guys wrong because of your experience but Turkish society is not Pakistani society. Their ideolology can spread as much as it spreads in US.....

Only time will tell mate.I genuinely wish Turkey remains safe from these extremists.

Fun is getting started. (ADANA) Muslims and PKK sympathyzers are clashing. PKK burns the houses of Conservative Muslims. As retaliation, one PKK was shot by a civilian, currently in hospital. One PKK severely wounded when molotov exploded in his hands. Another PKK dead by bullet.

PKK`liler Dindar Halka Saldırdı

(BATMAN) Unconfirmed: One shepherd was stabbed 15 times because he had beard in Batman.

(SOUTHEASTERN TURKEY) HDP (PKK's political wing) and Huda-Par (Muslim Kurdish) sympathyzers are attacking eachother.

Last edited:
Fun is getting started. (ADANA) Muslims and PKK sympathyzers are clashing. PKK burns the houses of Conservative Muslims. As retaliation, one PKK was shot by a civilian, currently in hospital. One PKK severely wounded when molotov exploded in his hands. Another PKK dead by bullet.

PKK`liler Dindar Halka Saldırdı

(BATMAN) Unconfirmed: One shepherd was stabbed 15 times because he had beard in Batman.

(SOUTHEASTERN TURKEY) HDP (PKK's political wing) and Huda-Par (Muslim Kurdish) sympathyzers are attacking eachother.
If all of these are true, seems pkk and conservative kurds will have another go at each other again like in the past. It's quite logical, i wouldnt be surprised if most Turkish isis fighters are actually from SE (thus mostly Kurds), so i can understand pkk dudes being angry at their conservative counterparts whom they probably suspect as isis supporters. Let them eat each other, but above all i hope pkk will get a good spanking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom