What's new

Syed.Ali.Haider and Murtaza

You quoted me like four times.But you didn't tell me why you were quoting me??.

:) you know very well why i quoted you since your bellow response proves that you did get my point why i was quoting you.

When people out of frustration and without logic start cursing you out when you expect facts from them and the admins don't do jack to them as they are either owners of this forum or are senior big deals....what do you do? At some point, you'll show the other person that you very well know how to respond to stupidity. The rules of the forum should be enforced and no one should be allowed to disrespect others.
But if that's not happening and you'll continue on doing that, TRUST ME, you'll hear from the party you are trying to verbally assault.

I agree on enforcement of rules . There is no disagreement on that but your post indicated you were frustrated enough to directly threaten the person who disagreed with your opinion viz a viz IK/Qadri.

My point was an is you should atleast show respect to rules before you point at some violators.

I have personally one principle and that is i dont insult anyone as long as that person does not insult me and i also dont talk about teaching rules to others i directly report the post no matter how long it takes to get attention of admins.

If the posters get out of control and keep insulting abusing me then trust me they wont find bigger abuser than me on earth in that case.

Last but not the least . This forum was born in my presence and i can tell you the administration does not favour anyone. They do take action its just that they are also busy people and it may take long in some cases.

Similarly, there is no room for abusive language when two civil people talk and negotiate (something missing hugely from IK and Mullah's demeanor and acts). Threatening and violence don't get you ahead. Communication and mutual respect do. And that's needed.

Agreed.

Ali's widow was promised that the murderers of her husband and son will be arrested and brought to justice, by the CM of Punjab.

Shahbaz Sahib, woh waada kahan gaya?

Ali's widow was promised that the murderers of her husband and son will be arrested and brought to justice, by the CM of Punjab.

Shahbaz Sahib, woh waada kahan gaya?

@Akheilos If you think that I do not criticize SS where justified, I clearly hold him and his administration responsible for not doing more to bring the murderers of Dr. Ali Haider and his young son to justice. Shame on you SS for not providing justice as you promised to his family.

@Akheilos If you think that I do not criticize SS where justified, I clearly hold him and his administration responsible for not doing more to bring the murderers of Dr. Ali Haider and his young son to justice. Shame on you SS for not providing justice as you promised to his family.
He promised alot of things....no one is picking each one out but throwing the collective lot at him its about time he answered for his shit! Mind you Dr sahaab wasnt/ isnt 1st and only person who died....and this case isnt 1st and only case waiting to heard or should i say waiting for justice!

He promised alot of things....no one is picking each one out but throwing the collective lot at him its about time he answered for his shit!

SS has done some good things, but you are correct that he promised a lot more than he has actually delivered.

The scourge within
By Huma Yusuf
Updated about 8 hours ago

Perhaps it is the shocking violence in Iraq. Or it might be the growing brutality of the attackers, who now pursue the relatives of previous victims and do not hesitate to slay women and children.

It could also be the growing allegations against a political party. Whatever the trigger, there has been a growing realisation in recent weeks of how drastic the issue of sectarian violence has become in Pakistan.

More than 160 members of the Shia community have been targeted in Karachi alone this year, and national tolls continue to soar.

We refer to the attacks as targeted killings, but there is nothing targeted about them: scholars, doctors, teachers, schoolchildren and shopkeepers have all been hit with equal disregard. Each attack claims a victim or two (though the cumulative effect is horrifying), so it is easy to forget that sectarianism is Pakistan’s greatest security — and societal — challenge.

There are many reasons why sectarianism should be acknowledged as arguably the greatest threat facing our country.

The human rights implications of sectarian violence are obviously immense, but regard for the freedom of religion and the sanctity of life count for little in today’s Pakistan.

Which brings us to other reasons: sectarian affiliations are deeply felt, and this form of violence has the potential to involve large swathes of society. In a culturally diverse context, sectarianism offers the false promise of social cohesion across ethnic and linguistic divides, all while creating new schisms.

The diversity of sects in Pakistan also means that such violence is never-ending.

Sectarianism is Pakistan’s greatest security and societal challenge.
When the Sharifs came to power, many — myself included — predicted an escalation in sectarian violence. The PML-N’s political ties with sectarian militant organisations that have the clout to harness voters in southern Punjab as well as the Sharifs’ close relations with Riyadh were expected to preclude crackdowns on sectarian groups or the private Saudi donors who support them.

But things have been worse than expected because of international developments: trends at home mimic the sectarian havoc in Iraq and Syria.

Moreover, across Sindh, waderos with political ambitions are also willing to highlight the sectarian affiliations of rivals to win the support of Deobandi groups who have growing influence in the province, and can rally voters on the basis of ideology or through intimidation.

Few politicians have the vision to consider the deep fractures that result from sectarian politicking in previously harmonious societies.

The fact that sectarianism rumbles on without outrage or redressal also highlights one of Pakistan’s major flaws: violence doesn’t matter unless it affects the security establishment.

For example, recent military operations have targeted foreign fighters and those Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) factions that persistently target security forces.

But other groups, including those with sectarian motivations, continue to operate with impunity.

The public too is in denial about the severity of the problem. Cycles of tit-for-tat sectarian killings are often termed ‘conspiracies’ by religious leaders and politicians who seek false comfort in the idea that such violence is stoked by nefarious external forces, rather than those amongst us.

Pakistanis are also imbued with a false sense of confidence resulting from the belief that the security establishment would not permit sectarianism to get out of hand — after all, the thinking goes, sectarian divides would affect the unity of the ranks, and destabilise the force. In this context, many see the sudden and effective rise of Dr Tahirul Qadri as part of a broader plan to rebalance sectarian dynamics and slow fragmentation (never mind that empowering one sect is hardly the way to settle sectarian rivalries).

But how can the security establishment manage what is essentially a social problem? Sectarianism is already deeply rooted in Pakistani society. In my own circle of people I used to consider progressive and enlightened, there are now those who now shun inter-marriage and make condolence visits at homes to avoid entering other sects’ mosques.

Current counterterrorism strategies focus on improved intelligence and coordination to prevent militant attacks.

But there are few good ideas about how to change people’s minds about sectarian differences.

A police crackdown in Punjab last year took a more holistic view, and more than 3,000 cases were registered against individuals engaging in hate speech against other sects or distributing incendiary materials.

This is a good place to start.

Other societies have initiated the shift toward greater tolerance in matters of race and sexuality by purifying the language of hate and making political correctness the norm.

Of course, such initiatives (whether legal or societal) are governed by a belief in the value of secularism and human rights, which Pakistan does not have. How can our state deal with the inevitability of its own ideological trajectory?

The writer is a freelance journalist.

huma.yusuf@gmail.com

Twitter: @humayusuf

Published in Dawn, September 15th , 2014

The Sunni Extremist following this path are the enemy of Pakistan and a blight on the faced of Islam.
Rest in Peace.

I would like to point out that core issue is something else. its the silence of the Majority which leads to this.

We'll kill the TTP but we'll leave groups such as LeJ and SSP which freely kill the Shias. F*ck the government.
Killing TTP or LeT or LeJ is not the solution. You have to kill the Ideology.

This article was written by Dr. Fatima Ali Haider, Ali's widow, where she presents a great idea in The Grief Directory:

The grief directory - Fatima Ali Haider

Opinion
The grief directory

Fatima Ali Haider
Friday, January 02, 2015
From Print Edition

They say time is a great healer. For a mother who has lost a child, I doubt if it is. I would know. I lost my eleven-year-old son, along with my husband to the bullets of terrorists almost two years ago. The pain has not diminished, if at all it has grown – and I know that this is a burden I will carry as long as I live.

So when I saw the news of the Peshawar massacre on TV, my heart bled for those mothers whose lives have been changed forever. It is going to be a hard, painful journey, and each day will be a challenge. I know because I continue to struggle. But today, I want to reach out to those families, because while there is nothing that will help ease the pain, there are small acts that can bring some degree of solace, comfort and support.

My own experience has taught me that in the immediate aftermath of a tragedy, there are so many friends, relatives, acquaintances who come up to offer condolences, who are genuinely sad, but who are not sure how to help. They express their frustration and helplessness, wishing they could do something to help.

There is so much they can do, but at that time, it is impossible for a grieving family to be able to articulate their needs. So they say thank you and after the traditional forty days of mourning, they are more or less left to cope on their own. The extended family members continue to lend support, but very soon they too become exhausted. They wish you to ‘get over it’, ‘to get on with life’, ‘to move on’. But that is easier said than done.

The family continues to require support. When a breadwinner is lost, there are financial and legal matters to be taken care of. Onerous visits to banks, courts and offices have to be undertaken. When a child is lost, there are grave emotional issues, which can paralyse a grieving parent. Practical, everyday chores and responsibilities have to be re-assigned and dealt with.

A widow may suddenly find herself dealing with issues she was previously completely unfamiliar with, from household maintenance, budget management and generating income to creating new family dynamics and nurturing vulnerable relationships. A widower may find himself suddenly facing the prospect of raising young children on his own. In all cases, a whole new hierarchy and support system has to be developed. From dealing with hospital reports and banks, to something as simple as eating a meal, the family needs friends.

Candle light vigils, Facebook statuses, government resolutions, speeches, articles, all may have a place, but that empty chair on the dining table is what gnaws at the heart every meal time. How to deal with birthdays, anniversaries, books, clothes and pictures? How to create a new normal? How to establish a new routine? How to start living again? For me it was like becoming blind and then learning how to go about in my own house with a white stick. If a friend is there to hold your hand at that time, it makes it just a little easier.

Visiting the west in my younger days, I got introduced to the idea of a wedding directory where a couple getting married would create a list of things that they needed and register the list in a local department store. Friends and family could tick off items on that list and buy them as wedding gifts. It seemed such a practical, smart thing to do.

In our unfortunate circumstances, where every other day we hear of families becoming victims of gruesome acts of terror, I am now beginning to think we need a Grief Directory. A one stop help or crisis centre, where families could register the kind of support they require and well wishers, friends could choose what kind of help they can offer depending on their own availability of time and resources.

This would bridge that unnecessary gap between the well intentioned, kind people who want to help but don’t know how, who hesitate to intrude into the privacy of the family, who don’t know how to approach such sensitive issues, who struggle to find the right words or actions and the grief stricken family who don’t know how to express their needs or feel too embarrassed or shy to do so. Professionally done, it could avoid so many of the pitfalls I have had to face and it would give breathing space to those close family members who after a while begin to experience fatigue and emotional exhaustion.

I intend to start this Grief Directory as a small step in my own journey of survival. It may help ease my pain if I know I am helping others who are in a similar situation as me. We share a bond of pain and loss and it is important to know we are not alone.

The Grief Directory is envisioned as a coordinating mechanism to provide voluntary service to aggrieved families. Once a family registers with the directory, a list of their needs will be formulated with the help of the family members depending on their unique circumstances. These needs will be matched with people volunteering their services or time. Such people can fit into one or more of the following categories:

• Those volunteering or helping to organise professional services like legal help, psychological/emotional counselling, banking services etc.

• Those willing to give or organise financial help.

• Those willing to help with daily routines till the family settles into its new rhythm. This may entail bringing meals, or simply eating with the family, being there for important occasions, helping with transport, household maintenance, baby sitting etc.

• Those willing to help find employment opportunities, helping sell/rent properties, re-locate etc.

All those interested in helping me with this idea or those who are in need of support, please write to me at fatimaalihaider@gmail.com or to Dr Narmeen A Hamid, who is helping me in this endeavour, at narmeenhamid@gmail.com

The writer lost both her husband and son in February 2013.

Sorry for your loss.
You practicing medicine in US?

Thank you. The idea of a Grief Directory is a good one, and one that deserves our support in any way possible. Such losses are Allah's will, but we can do much to lessen the impact wherever possible.

Thank you. The idea of a Grief Directory is a good one, and one that deserves our support in any way possible. Such losses are Allah's will, but we can do much to lessen the impact wherever possible.
Are you a doctor?

Dr. Ali Haider was actively involved in shia processions and a shia mosque etc....you know the kind of place where they say stuff on loud speakers....and then there's jawabi loud speaker karwai.....then things heat up and people from the weaker side end up dead.

Good thing loud speaker nonsense is now banned.

So much intolerance........

Strategic depth has come home to roost.

While this definitely can be argued as having been an important contributing factor but this is not the central cause.

The central cause is the existence and support for the ideology of Takfir. Even on this forum where almost every Muslim is supposedly educated and English speaking, the support for Takfir is very strong, whether directly or indirectly or whether of active or apologetic nature.

Unless and until Takfir is not countered straight on and without taking into consideration any "niceties" or "political/religious correctness", the problem will continue.

As is often the case whether in real world or here, it is the anti-Takfiris who are on defensive and have to explain themselves while the Takfiris roam around proud.

Dr. Ali Haider was actively involved in shia processions and a shia mosque etc....you know the kind of place where they say stuff on loud speakers....and then there's jawabi loud speaker karwai.....then things heat up and people from the weaker side end up dead.

Good thing loud speaker nonsense is now banned.

So much intolerance........

Stop apologizing on behalf of Takfiris and their pathetic deeds.

Back
Top Bottom