What's new

Sri Lanka government orders removal of Dambulla mosque

The order comes two days after Buddhist monks led a crowd trying to storm the mosque in the central town of Dambulla.

So much for Buddhism being peaceful.:P (if true)

Sri Lanka has had problems in the past with Muslims. As such the Tamil rebels displaced a hundred thousand Sri Lankan Muslims from their homes and land.

But this seem to be a dispute about the property of the land, not so much a dispute out of hate for the other religion, although the conflict is probably extra fueled by religious sentiments. Or is a deeply religious hatred a source of the problem?

So much for Buddhism being peaceful.:P (if true)

Sri Lanka has had problems in the past with Muslims. As such the Tamil rebels displaced a hundred thousand Sri Lankan Muslims from their homes and land.

But this seem to be a dispute about the property of the land, not so much a dispute out of hate for the other religion, although the conflict is probably extra fueled by religious sentiments. Or is a deeply religious hatred a source of the problem?

Tamil LTTE trained by the Indians also displaced the head from the shoulders of ex-Indain PM Rajiv Gandhi. Not sure if the decapitation of Mr. Gandhi is related to religious difference or not.

Tamil LTTE trained by the Indians also displaced the head from the shoulders of ex-Indain PM Rajiv Gandhi. Not sure if the decapitation of Mr. Gandhi is related to religious difference or not.

You get aroused by blood and gore don't you? I have noticed you take great pleasure in describing people's bloody death, especially Rajiv Gandhi's in gory details. You must be a fan of SAW and Hostel. :lol:

You get aroused by blood and gore don't you? I have noticed you take great pleasure in describing people's bloody death, especially Rajiv Gandhi's in gory details. You must be a fan of SAW and Hostel.

I think he really believes RG was decapitated. Too much YT perhaps.

Moral of the story ( continued): Reading comprehension abilities are awesome skills not many people posses.

Unfortunately it appears you are a victim of that bug too, and could use remedial classes.

My post was not about illegal structures that are being taken down lawfully, but unlawfully were wild eyed hindu fanatics destroyed 600 Mosques in 2002 somewhat as a grand re-creation of Babri Mosque destruction part 2. The State of Gujrat had a responsibility to protect those as part of providing reasonable protection. The State not only failed to discharge its duties as required of it, but entities such as the police actively supported the wanton destruction of propertries belonging to a minority group.

To this date the State of Gujrat has failed to punish the folks responsible for the destruction of the said properties. This failure has left the injured parties with no option to seek restitution in a Court of Law. Therefore it is the sole reposibility of the State of Gurjrat to either bring the perpatrators to justice or rebuild the damaged real properties bringing solace to heal the open wounds of thousands of people.

So its OK to demolish a mosque in Sri Lanka because it happened in Gujarat ? So all the countries can use Gujarat as an excuse to demolish mosques and kill muslims.

He just thinks that will offend the hell out of us. lol

A 'Yo Mama' joke would have been more offensive than that.

Anyways, on topic.

Its their country, their rules. It's not like anyone else is keeping count of temples and monasteries being demolished in Pakistan and Bangladesh. And if the court finds it OK then nobody has got any reason to complain.

You get aroused by blood and gore don't you? I have noticed you take great pleasure in describing people's bloody death, especially Rajiv Gandhi's in gory details. You must be a fan of SAW and Hostel. :lol:

Actually no. I find these movies way overblown as sexually charged movies.

I remember the original detail I read when the news broke 20 years or so ago. This particular outlet apparently had exclusive detail in which the tragic event unfolded.

My post caught your attention however, the post I responded to failed to garner your attention. Almost 80,000 muslim people were uprooted in a matter of a few hours, yet somehow it failed to attract your attention.

Perhaps their mis-fortune was not big enough to catch your attention.

babrimosque was historic, had been mosque for centuries

A mosque is a mosque irrespective of whether its historic or not.

Once you raise a mosque the land belongs to Khuda and no one has the right to sell, transfer or demolish it.

Not my words but that of All India Muslim Personal Law Board attorney. So whether it was a 500 year old mosque or 5 year mosque doesnt matter.

But then when hypocrisy is the word here, what can we expect ? Anyway good move Lankans, demolish those mosques because no one seems to care about them because it happened in Lanka :lol:

Why do these Mosques always prop up right next to places of worship belonging to other religions :undecided:

Actually no. I find these movies way overblown as sexually charged movies.

I remember the original detail I read when the news broke 20 years or so ago. This particular outlet apparently had exclusive detail in which the tragic event unfolded.

My post caught your attention however, the post I responded to failed to garner your attention. Almost 80,000 muslim people were uprooted in a matter of a few hours, yet somehow it failed to attract your attention.

Perhaps their mis-fortune was not big enough to catch your attention.
Can I justify the Gujarat riots with the massacre of millions of Hindus during the creation of Bangladesh by razakars and pal army? No. Similarly you cannot justify or tolerate one mosque demolition because some thing similar or worse happened in India. Your views shouldn't change based on whom you are arguing with.

Interestingly the SL muslims are a cool lot, they happily sing ''namo namo mata'' as national anthem, where as in India Vande Mataram is considered anti islamic and hence not made national anthem.

In any case, this ''internal event'' in sri lanka only imroves our understanding of our neighboring countries and the political nature of their ''genuine'' feelings ;)

Can I justify the Gujarat riots with the massacre of millions of Hindus during the creation of Bangladesh by razakars and pal army? No. Similarly you cannot justify or tolerate one mosque demolition because some thing similar or worse happened in India. Your views shouldn't change based on whom you are arguing with.

Dude the Mosque is demolished by friend Srilanka not by Evil Yindoos ..
It's ok .. After all people use Muslim ummah only for selected things :P

Back
Top Bottom