What's new

Sri Lanka Muslims killed in Aluthgama clashes with Buddhists

Mostly it has to with one cultures & how the people tolerate those that are different from them. Also by that logic shouldn't Europe follow suit like India or Sri Lanka because of their share with Islamic invasion?
What made you think Europeans are not following the suite? Are you not aware about happenings in England or did you forget the Norwegian guy who killed many single handledly out of hatred?

What made you think Europeans are not following the suite? Are you not aware about happenings in England or did you forget the Norwegian guy who killed many single handledly out of hatred?

Compared to the entire South Asia, Europe is a paradise. For every 1 Breivik there's a thousand who are not. Even an Indian Hindu are better off in Europe than in India. There maybe a few bump here & there, but if you believe that Europe will follow South Asia example then you're mistaken.

Compared to the entire South Asia, Europe is a paradise. For every 1 Breivik there's a thousand who are not. Even an Indian Hindu are better off in Europe than in India. There maybe a few bump here & there, but if you believe that Europe will follow South Asia example then you're mistaken.
In India & Sri lanka, such incidents are one off as well. Don't think every place is like Pakistan in South Asia and for that matter Indonesia is no different either, you have your own share of riots. Also, in general Muslims are among hated lot in Europe as well because of their involvement in all illegal & terrorism related activities. They live under shadow of suspicion, if thats what you call living in paradise then good for you!!

The riots are being led by the monks. Never thought I would ever see monks do this. I think South Asians no matter what religion they follow lead bad examples by showing an attitude of intolerance even though the religions are good and do not promote this attitude.

Mob including Buddhist monks attack Christian centre in Hikkaduwa

In India & Sri lanka, such incidents are one off as well. Don't think every place is like Pakistan in South Asia and for that matter Indonesia is no different either, you have your own share of riots. Also, in general Muslims are among hated lot in Europe as well because of their involvement in all illegal & terrorism related activities. They live under shadow of suspicion, if thats what you call living in paradise then good for you!!

Really? I wonder what led you into that conclusion. I can assure you that no SANE muslims or hindus will ever have a hard time between choosing which is the better region to live in. The Muslims maybe living under "shadow of suspicions," but the Muslims in India live under a "shadow of violence" the Muslims in europe at least have law on their side to protect them, but the entire South Asia you will be lucky if you get the cops to investigate attacks like this. Don't try to drag European to your sub-continent level. They will never admit it openly, but they are better than us in every respect & especially on the matter such as this.

& yes Indonesia maybe have a few ethno-religious conflicts, but compared those of India or South Asia the numbers are miniscule.

Last edited:
Really? I wonder what led you into that conclusion. I can assure you that no SANE muslims or hindus will ever have a hard time between choosing which is the better region to live in. The Muslims maybe living under "shadow of suspicions," but the Muslims in India live under a "shadow of violence" the Muslims in europe at least have law on their side to protect them, but the entire South Asia you will be lucky if you get the cops to investigate attacks like this. Don't try to drag European to your sub-continent level. They will never admit it openly, but they are better than us in every respect & especially on the matter such as this.

& yes Indonesia maybe have a few ethno-religious conflicts, but compared those of India or South Asia the numbers are miniscule.
Lol, are you Pakistani? because apart from them no one makes such wild claims.

Learn the hard facts -
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/14/w...ms-say-theyre-becoming-more-insular.html?_r=0

European Attitudes Towards Islam: Britain, Germany, France | loonwatch.com

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303663604579501091034167048

I guess you may be referring to Europe is some alternate universe!!

and I guess I was wrong about Indonesia as well -

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/22/opinion/indonesias-rising-religious-intolerance.html

BBC News - Indonesia urged to tackle religious intolerance

Study blames govt for rising religious intolerance | The Jakarta Post

Last edited:

Explain this then? Cold hard data don't lie.
globalpeaceindex2013.jpg

Compared to India which have turn Intolerance into a National sport after cricket.

Intolerance has become India's national sport

The rest of South Asia also looks bleak in these regards. That's why Indonesia scores remains the highest among yours even with rising religious intolerance they still can't compare to India & the rest of South Asia.

CCTV video footage of Sinhala Buddhist mob attacking Muslim pharmacy in Dehiwala, in Southern Colombo

10435639_616619898433364_2481246772913911394_n.jpg

Over 2,000 women and children are seeking shelter inside a school in Beruwala on Monday, June 16, 2014

A Twitter debate on #Aluthgama cautions exaggeration and labeling (what counts as a riot?), for fear of an obvious tie to the riots against the Tamil population that started an intractable war in 1983. Caught in the fire and fury of that historical event, one Tamil woman recounts, “I looked outside the bus window, and saw smoke and so many men carrying sticks. I immediately wiped the red pottu off my forehead. Without that, I could hide that I was a Tamil.” In the years and months that followed the 1983 riots, stories of women emerged, slowly. The women who jumped over fences, feigned fainting spells, protected children and resisted. Where are the women today — of Aluthgama and beyond?

Red pottus, black burqas: Identity markers in Sri Lanka’s extremist violence - The Washington Post

(Lanka-e-News- 22.June.2014, 11.00PM) A Muslim mosque situated at Dehelgamuwa of Gokarella police division Kurunegala had been attacked a while ago by Bodhu Bala Sena (BBS) terrorists causing extensive damage. A group comprising about 50 of them armed with rods and clubs that came in vehicles carrying Buddhist flags have stormed into the mosque and inflicted grave loss . However the attempt to set fire to the mosque had failed. The police and STF have by now appeared on the scene.

Three Muslim establishments situated in Ibbagamuwa ,Gokarella police division , Kurunegala had also been attacked and destroyed just a while ago by Bodhu Bala Sena (BBS) terrorist group that came in vehicles with Buddhist flags, according to reports reaching Lanka e news.

Though there were heavy damage and loss resulting from these violence , there are no loss of lives. The SSP in charge of Kurunegala , Ajantha Samarakoon had gone to the area after the attacks were launched , police say.

Back
Top Bottom