What's new

Smriti Irani Stops 70,000 Students of KV From Learning German, Makes them Switch to Sanskrit

Great move by the Education minister. Indian must restore its nationalistic pride which includes Indian languages. We must take pride in Hindi and Sanskrit and not English/German/whateverforeignlanguage.

Lo ji.. Bharat ka Aik aur Swaranim Gaurav.. Aaap Kaunse KV se hai janab?
:D Bhai !! in a very remote area of Assam , and 1 year in Dimapur Nagaland ..My assam KV school now has been replaced by VivekaNanda kendra siksha prashar vibhag :cry:..

Not every student intends to take up ancient linguistics as a career option, why not give students a choice to take their own decision rather than imposing on them. I believe the students and their parents are well enough capable to think about what's good for themselves.

@ranjeet
I agree .. and as I said it earlier ... it has to be offered as an alternative not forced upon everyone.

Not every student intends to take up ancient linguistics as a career option, why not give students a choice to take their own decision rather than imposing on them. I believe the students and their parents are well enough capable to think about what's good for themselves.

@ranjeet

But why are we desperate to teach so many foreign languages to Indian kids when English is enough. Those Portuguese, Germans, Spaniards all learn English as preferred second language and seems most of the countries across the world use English.

Physics, chemistry, mathematics does. If you want to stay in your own deluded world, you're welcome to do so, but that doesn't give your onus to impose it on others.

The very concept of Education is built upon imposing it on innocent children. lol.. Govt is doing the right thing. We cannot invoke our ancient heritage and Indianness unless there is a cultural revolution. Period.

Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics existed in India even before the Europeans learnt to make bow and arrows.

What we are learning today is something that has been imposed over us by the Europeans. The so called cutting edge technology that the developed countries are working on today have ancient solutions and that was the power of our civilization. dont we need to bring back what was rightfully ours?

Last edited:
GUYS! DO YOU EVEN KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SYMPHONY AND MELODY? any musical people here?
This is Symphony! ( a crowd singing a national anthem or their loved song).

While this is Melody!

See the real melody of the voice! the main voice voice was given prominence cos she would inspire us to fight and die for our nation!
Listen again.

:D Bhai !! in a very remote area of Assam , and 1 year in Dimapur Nagaland ..My assam KV school now has been replaced by VivekaNanda kendra siksha prashar vibhag :cry:..

Chalo koi baat nahi bhai.. Arnob Goswami bhi KV product hai :D

Physics, chemistry, mathematics does. If you want to stay in your own deluded world, you're welcome to do so, but that doesn't give your onus to impose it on others.

One thing I have noticed if you know Sanskrit its quite easy from switching from one Indian language to other quite easily. Even South Indian languages like Kannada and Telugu have lots of Sanskrit words.

But why are we desperate to teach so many foreign languages to Indian kids when English is enough. Those Portuguese, Germans, Spaniards all learn English as preferred second language and seems most of the countries across the world use English.

Nope, struggled in Germany to find a decent English speaking person in the streets of Chemnitz, and the situation is more or less same in all cities. Most of the college/university educated bunch seems to speak English quite well enough, but every nation has it's own share of layman. The English of Spanish nationalities are even harder to understand than Chinese.

One thing I have noticed if you know Sanskrit its quite easy from switching from one Indian language to other quite easily. Even South Indian languages like Kannada and Telugu have lots of Sanskrit words.

Every language has Sanskrit words, but these is no efficiency in learning a whole new tough language just for the ease of picking up other languages.

Heck, I even find studying bengali redundant after class 10, given that it was my primary first language. As the literature language taught in school fails to evolve with time.

Nope, struggled in Germany to find a decent English speaking person in the streets of Chemnitz, and the situation is more or less same in all cities. Most of the college/university educated bunch seems to speak English quite well enough, but every nation has it's own share of layman. The English of Spanish nationalities are even harder to understand than Chinese.

I have heard Europeans have recently switched to English, previously they used to learn French in schools. I have heard Spanish English accent, don't sounds as worse as Chinese English accent.

The very concept of Education is built upon imposing it on innocent children. lol.. Govt is doing the right thing. We cannot invoke our ancient heritage and Indianness unless there is a cultural revolution. Period.

Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics existed in India even before the Europeans learnt to make bow and arrows.

What we are learning today is something that has been imposed over us by the Europeans. The so called cutting edge technology that the developed countries are working on today have ancient solutions and that was the power of our civilization. dont we need to bring back what was rightfully ours?

I have seen that rant multiple times, and as a source, all they can come up with is some random blogpost. I have seen people claiming Lanka and the flying chariots, but Atlantis is a myth to them. The Vimanika sharstra has been debunked. The same bigoted western education you're cursing, is responsible for the rise of the west, while Indians werelost deciphering Vedas. When people have Cancer, they go for chemotherapy, a western product, than in Baba Ramdev's ashram.

Every language has Sanskrit words, but these is no efficiency in learning a whole new tough language just for the ease of picking up other languages.

Heck, I even find studying bengali redundant after class 10, given that it was my primary first language. As the literature language taught in school fails to evolve with time.

English is everything if you need to earn, Sanskrit is as useful as other Indian languages. Moreover, when I was learning Telugu, the prior knowledge of Sanskrit made it a bit easier to learn.

I have heard Europeans have recently switched to English, previously they used to learn French in schools. I have heard Spanish English accent, don't sounds as worse as Chinese English accent.

In Germany, some universities are offering courses in English, but it's hard to survive outside the campus without knowing the local language, and it's even harder to find employment after education.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom