Şimşir (Shamshir)

Which sword do you prefer?

• Turko-Mongol

• Turkish Kilij

• Persian Shamshir

• Arabian Saif

• Pakistani-Indian Talwar

Results are only viewable after voting.
Is that dude who rests in peace a Persian? I see some Romans and Europeans, too. (1:18)

Poland was always there and still but I don't know why Islam didn't pave the way for Persians go as far as Poland? As I said whatever issues you have, get over it.

You are contradicting yourself bro , the hun were an ethnic group closely related to the Chinese , the white huns , and Attila was a hun

And i'm not bullsitting when I say islam paved the way for the mongol empire , read some real history instead of playing total war : turkey

You are contradicting yourself bro , the hun were an ethnic group closely related to the Chinese , the white huns , and Attila was a hun

And i'm not bullsitting when I say islam paved the way for the mongol empire , read some real history instead of playing total war : turkey
Enough.

I know the turkic tribes of the east moved to central asia before islam , islam just paved the way for them to go as far as poland and egypt ; it is said the sassanids fought the turks of the east aswell as Rome , so like you said turks were already in central asia before islam , Before them there were the scythian people or the Saka

true that, iirc in melik-nama it's mentioned that saljuk bey said to his sons: "if we want to rule all these lands, we'll have to convert to islam. or these people will view us just as a pagan kings of tribal origins". by converting to islam, they simply pawed they way for justified regality in the eyes of sedentary muslim population. and surely, there was some indo-european population in central asia to some extend prior to turkic expansions. i can't and i'm sure no one can't say for sure who these indo-europeans were. were they indo-iranians or were they bronze age indo-european tribes different from iranian tribes. i kind of understand your sentiments tho. i've seen many iranians claiming princess ukok of altai was skythian, while the guys who dug her up couldn't and wouldn't state to which race/nation she belonged because there's simply not enough data to support this or that view. moreover, every nation/state occupied and took away lands from someone else. indo-iranians occupied modern day iran and slaughtered, assimilated, drew away autochthonous population. then turks came and did the same to indo-iranians of central asia. or chinese were essentially from modern-day henan,shaanxi and shansi provinces, but gradually they occupied and assimilated or massacred the original population of occupied lands. that's inevitable process.

And i must emphasize when i'm talking about the turks of the east , i'm referring to people native to mongolia and not the anatolian people who lived in the byzatine rome and still populate turkey to a greater extent. i've visited both turkey and hungary and i know the "turks" are a tiny minority there

here, you're just ranting mate LOL i'm living in turkey since 1997 and imho i know turkey and people of turkey better than you. granted, some areas, like eastern black sea region which is mainly populated by turkified georgians and laz people (i think it has to do with turkic mentality and lifestyle. turkmens just didn't like these mountainous regions, they were steppe roamers) and southeastern anatolia (which is populated by armenians, arabs and kurds) are an exception, but overall there's a clear turkishness.

Turkic migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The earliest documented Turkic peoples appear as nomadic tribes on the plains of the Far East north of the Great Wall of China, which was constructed as a fortified border essentially between Han Dynasty (206 BCE to 220 CE) China (though started earlier) and the Xiong-nu.

actually, there are proto-turkic Yi peoples attested in chunqiu (8-7. century BC) during zhou period. they moved north across ordos plains around 6. century BC. before that, they pretty much fucked up every chinese kingdom until they were defeated as a result of their internal problems and chinese attacks. they were referred to as "nine tribes of Yi" and later, around 6-7. century there's a turkic confederation named "Tokuz Oghuz" which literally means nine tribes. so, it can be said turkic motherland was somewhere around south of ordos plains not mongolia.

mate, that's downright ignorance on your part, no offence. huns of europe were a confederation of turkic tribes with some addition from germanic and ugrian tribes. and since when huns closely related to chinese? maybe you're referring to hunnu/xioung-nu of chinese annals, but then again there's not a single kinship between them. white huns were a confederation of indo-europeans (probably either wusun or yuezhi or both) of tarim basin and turkic tribes.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom