What's new

Should India spend Rs 1000cr on a single fighter jet?

Even if we get full TOT, we may only be able to understand the outline on the design but we cannot understand the hard-points fully, until we start designing from scratch. We won't even dare to touch the codes, because we are unaware what will happen if something goes wrong. Only the man who designed from scratch, can do all the stuff.

We bought multiple equipments under TOT. SU30MKI came with full TOT, then why we got stuck in tejas& Kaveri?? So i feel its better to reduce the numbers to 63 and invest the rest in R&D of AMCA.

Why not

The country has worked hard to earn this money from the West.

So now a tiny fraction (25 out of the 300 billion reserves) can easily be spent on these planes.

Nations build up defenses because this is how nations survive in the long run.

While I support this acquisition

I say peace to you all.
1000 Carore could feed , people for decades

Just imagine if Indian Government distributed 20 lakh to people for food and shelter , they can buy home , build family get food and live happily ...buy indian goods with money , buy real estate etc move economy

What will that Jet do? Nothing, a pilot with Tom Cruise hair cut will fly it around
few times , do some circles and maneuvers and thats it it will get parked in airport

10,000,000,000 = That is ALOT of zeros in that figure ...
Fauji, if this 1000 crore per pop jet was going to be Indian Im all for it.
Sadly it is not.
$15-20 billion would go a long way in building HSR lines across India or probably double our highway network.
Azad, though I am inclined to agree with you - not dole outs - but investing it back in our economy, there seems to be no alternative.

Unless Indian military has the wherewithal to protect Indian borders, trade and commerce would not prevent armed conflict.
Perhaps if the border issue with China is resolved, there would be a far lesser need to buy such equipment...sadly, till then we must.

$20 billion is fine for a fighter jet deal.

The inefficiency of India's government alone already costs way more than that.

So make the government efficient and you'll recoup the costs.

India paying to much for this jet may French bribing some officials and politician's..... This amount of money should be spent on any 5th generation.. ….

Yaar. Think about this. (I am using simple example)

If you are Apple CEO

And someone from India comes to you and says.

Hey Apple CEO,

I want to buy million IPhone 4s (one step older model)

if you allow me to copy IPhone's sensitive tech.

then

What do you think that you the Apple CEO will tell the Indian buyer?

A) Yes Indian buyer. Here. Take our sensitive tech
B) Foged-a-bout it (like the mafia guy would say)

Is it A

Is B

Or ?

Perfect logic Faujbhai, another interesting thing in the article is Dassaults total net worth is only 15 bill, while the deal is worth double of that - ideally should have cancelled the deal and bought off dassault.

25 Billion $ =

10-12 Rovers like Curiosity landed to Mars or
Man mission to moon 5 times over or
Underground rail service like Delhi metro in many cities or
HSR line connecting Mumbai - Ahmedebad & Mumbai to Delhi or
25 million families with 1000$ ( cost to make 1 decent toilet) i.e 25 million families with toilets or
120 of these toys which will get outdated in a couple of decades.

Choice is ours. If I was PM I would spend the money on Making High speed rail lines between major cities. Not like if we ever get in war with China we would have any chances with these planes or with Pakistan we wouldn't even need them.

200 rafale plus 200 su30mki plus 50 super sukhois = a 1000 cr@p flying in our neighborhood.

No one in our neighborhood has the options available to buy that IAF has.

I'm happy westerner are milking Indian cow.... Go ahead buy expensive jet... about TOT they will not give there sensitive technology specially radar and engine because it will kill there future of milking India for defense.... Reverse engineering is a art which only few countries have commend and Indian defense industry is not in that league otherwise tejas would have been in sky long back ago.....

I'm happy westerner are milking Indian cow.... Go ahead buy expensive jet... about TOT they will not give there sensitive technology specially radar and engine because it will kill there future of milking India for defense.... Reverse engineering is a art which only few countries have commend and Indian defense industry is not in that league otherwise tejas would have been in sky long back ago.....
I am also happy that chinese are milking pakistani cow....Go ahead buy cheap jets....about Tot they will not give there sensitive techonology specially radar and engine....

I am also happy that chinese are milking pakistani cow....Go ahead buy cheap jets....about Tot they will not give there sensitive techonology specially radar and engine....

Just making copy of comment shows your mentality that you cannot contribute any thing on PDF and on this thread...
Pakistan defense industry which has greatly became indigenous because of China in last decade and so this means they have not milked us but build our industry and mainly if you are regular user of PDF you should know that pakistan and China deals are usually on soft loans bases....

Just making copy of comment shows your mentality that you cannot contribute any thing on PDF and on this thread...
Pakistan defense industry which has greatly became indigenous because of China in last decade and so this means they have not milked us but build our industry and mainly if you are regular user of PDF you should know that pakistan and China deals are usually on soft loans bases....
lol,greatly indigenous....:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Rafale deal will also make our industry greatly indigenous(going by your logic)....:lol::lol:

What a moron. Doesn't even understand that this time the IAF used life-cycle costs instead of unit costs. The Idiot doesn't understand that 5th gen fighters are strategic weapons and have a different role than MMRCA. The Jackass doesn't know that EFT was actually more expensive.

Some Times I wonder Where Were these So called Intellectuals Authors When Politicians Loots Lacs and Lacs Of Crores Of the Indian Taxpayers Money And Put them in There Swiz Accounts Doing Traitorous Job Against there Own Nation Why these So called "Budhijivis" Not yell then:hitwall::hitwall: Rather raising Questions on Something which is Strategically Good for the defense of the country :mad:

Damn even I agree its a BS blog piece #my fault that I brought this into debate....

lol,greatly indigenous....:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Rafale deal will also make our industry greatly indigenous(going by your logic)....:lol::lol:

You are just trolling

MKI deal didn't make you indigenous has I have Said Just Go and buy expensive jet almost all countries have rejected it because of its prize and only hope for French is India..... Milking India:tongue::crazy_pilot::pleasantry::omghaha:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom