What's new

Should India spend Rs 1000cr on a single fighter jet?

South , need few thousand planes for South as well
We just might come from the South Side

no they should not spend instead they should spend to develop Indigenous capabilities. by the way
our military wants the most sophisticated, most complex, most expensive hardware available in the world, rather than the most cost effective, most affordable and most country-friendly one !

1000 Carore could feed , people for decades

Just imagine if Indian Government distributed 20 lakh to people for food and shelter , they can buy home , build family get food and live happily ...buy indian goods with money , buy real estate etc move economy

What will that Jet do? Nothing, a pilot with Tom Cruise hair cut will fly it around
few times , do some circles and maneuvers and thats it it will get parked in airport

10,000,000,000 = That is ALOT of zeros in that figure ...
mate this applies to your own country as well.just imagine if you gave the entire amount spent on your defense to the poor people of Pakistan,the poverty level of Pakistan would decline dramatically.but then again we all know that a country(both India and Pakistan in this matter) needs to spend on it's military to ensure it's survival in the long run........:coffee:

Just imagine if Indian Government distributed 20 lakh to people for food and shelter , they can buy home , build family get food and live happily ...buy indian goods with money , buy real estate etc move economy

What will that Jet do? Nothing, a pilot with Tom Cruise hair cut will fly it around
few times , do some circles and maneuvers and thats it it will get parked in airport

Money spent on defense in the long run is better than doling out rupees in the street. Trust me. this is is true from the times of Greeks and Romans.

mean while you have planned to take away kashmir from us...
you give a written agreement that you will never claim kashmir and the whole belong to us we will stop spending on aircraft and we will start feeding poor

True but we need 20 planes :) because once you come in south... you can never go back.. as your plane will belong to us

Scrap this deal if it is without key technologies. We want full TOT be it avionics, radar, engine,war grade plastic etc.

Technology is never transfered that easily.

There is billions of dollars worth investment both in dollar and strategic terms.

As a result manufacturers will never give away it.

Whoever talks about TOT by paying market price per unit, is simply a fraud.

Tech is either developed
or jointly developed.

peace

My question for you is "What would you do for next 20 years without any aircraft? AMCA is a big joke still in papers."
AMCA is a big joke and still in papers thats why i am saying to spend this money on the project......
Let us assume that we signed the deal today when we will grt the first rafale?

lo,you wont be able to go back if you come from any side......

mean while you have planned to take away kashmir from us.....

I believe Kashmir issue from Pakistani POV is already over.

Militarily we do not have any advantage in Kashmir anymore.

And pretty much all of LOC (and especially the crossable points) have been walled, and wired up.

India should now treat Kashmir as its local issue and not Pakistani issue.

Buy these nice planes to project power against powers who are trying to push their way into Indian oceans.

Pakistan is no longer a threat. Even long range guns in India can cover most of Pakistani heartland.

So there is no point in buying expensive stuff so you can wrestle with Pakistan. That will be utter stupidity.

These are the ground realities.

I hope you understand.

I believe Kashmir issue from Pakistani POV is already over.

Militarily we do not have any advantage in Kashmir anymore.

And pretty much all of LOC (and especially the crossable points) have been walled, and wired up.

India should now treat Kashmir as its local issue and not Pakistani issue.

Buy these nice planes to project power against powers who are trying to push their way into Indian oceans.

Pakistan is no longer a threat. Even long range guns in India can cover most of Pakistani heartland.

So there is no point in buying expensive stuff so you can wrestle with Pakistan. That will be utter stupidity.

These are the ground realities.

I hope you understand.
We already treat Kashmir as an our inernal issue.....
These planes are not for pakistan but for China.....

I thought the whole idea of this deal was to get TOT on sensitive areas......if thats not going to b the case,there is no point in this deal....well thats my opinion.

I thought the whole idea of this deal was to get TOT on sensitive areas......if thats not going to b the case,there is no point in this deal....well thats my opinion.
I think that France will never do that.....
So is beter to focus on spending this money on AMCA......

india should go ahead with the deal asap
Please explain why?

Yaar. Think about this. (I am using simple example)

If you are Apple CEO

And someone from India comes to you and says.

Hey Apple CEO,

I want to buy million IPhone 4s (one step older model)

if you allow me to copy IPhone's sensitive tech.

then

What do you think that you the Apple CEO will tell the Indian buyer?

A) Yes Indian buyer. Here. Take our sensitive tech
B) Foged-a-bout it (like the mafia guy would say)

Is it A

Is B

Or ?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom