What's new

Shiv Sena smears black paint on Sudheendra Kulkarni's face to protest Pakistan politician's book lau

True, Doc.

I had for some reason counted you among the inherently decent. I still do, actually; silly of me, isn't it?

The last thing that Calcutta needs today is a Bong Shiv Sena. You got your equations wrong. It was the Islamic Shiv Sena equivalent of the time that sent your people away from home in a quest for shelter. It was the tolerant of the foreign and the exotic, the opposite poles of the Shiv Sena, who gave you welcome shelter and took you into their hearts. Not these scum, not the @SarthakGanguly / @Speed / @punit kind of cretin.

You scored a same-side, Doc. Pity, that.

The Shiv Sena loves Parsis Joe.

Both the family, and the cadre.

Its a Hindu thing.

Both of us are comfortable with each other. Very.

The Shiv Sena in Sanjan in 731 AD would have taken us in, and then turned around to face the invader.

Why do you think in 1300 years we took up arms for and with and alongside their forefathers?

I am very proud of our Maratha connect Joe. It is the militant Persian in me that found an able and strong ally.

Cheers, Doc

Its a Hindu thing.

The Shiv Sena in Sanjan in 731 AD would have taken us in, and then turned around to face the invader.

Why do you think in 1300 years we took up arms for and with and alongside their forefathers?

I am very proud of our Maratha connect Joe. It is the militant Persian in me that found an able and strong ally.

Cheers, Doc

You are incorrigible, Doc. :man_in_love:

Not honest. The word you are groping for, which any one of us could have supplied on demand, is eccentric.

I use to go through high school feeling secretly bad that kids used to call me pagla baba (for bawa).

Till I grew up, saw the same kids become dull uncles, and realized that yes, we are built and wired a bit differently.

Not honest. The word you are groping for, which any one of us could have supplied on demand, is eccentric.

Its a Hindu thing.

Cheers, Doc

The trouble is, you don't remember that the Shiv Sena started life buggering solidly Hindu south Indians - Konks included, since you are now parading them around on your shoulders. They were nothing to do with stalward resistance to Islam; they were to do with fat, pudgy sugar barons organising the lumpenproletariat.

Wrong book, Doc.

I use to go through high school feeling secretly bad that kids used to call me pagla baba (for bawa).

Till I grew up, saw the same kids become dull uncles, and realized that yes, we are built and wired a bit differently.

And thank God for that.

The trouble is, you don't remember that the Shiv Sena started life buggering solidly Hindu south Indians - Konks included, since you are now parading them around on your shoulders. They were nothing to do with stalward resistance to Islam; they were to do with fat, pudgy sugar barons organising the lumpenproletariat.

Wrong book, Doc.

Agree. For the most part about the cadre.

But I recognize what we need. And what the alternatives are. And the consequences.

Lets face it Joe. We are the last standing militant Hindu bastion in India.

You may not like their methods. But to be fair, you are (like the Bihari and the UP walla and the Tamils and the Punjabi) an outsider.

I am a Bihari. But still an insider.

I was born here. Married their girl. Got Marathi kids. And set up my life here and have lived here for more than half my life.

All they want from me is to respect the land and its values, behave, speak their tongue, and be a good Maharashtrian.

I tell them I am a Bihari. And I hear their gaali galoch and laugh in their faces.

These are my people Joe. You are not going to turn me against them.

Cheers, Doc

Agree. For the most part about the cadre.

But I recognize what we need. And what the alternatives are. And the consequences.

Lets face it Joe. We are the last standing militant Hindu bastion in India.

You may not like their methods. But to be fair, you are (like the Bihari and the UP walla and the Tamils and the Punjabi) an outsider.

I am a Bihari. But still an insider.

I was born here. Married their girl. Got Marathi kids. And set up my life here and have lived here for more than half my life.

All they want from me is to respect the land and its values, behave, speak their tongue, and be a good Maharashtrian.

I tell them I am a Bihari. And I hear their gaali galoch and laugh in their faces.

These are my people Joe. You are not going to turn me against them.

Cheers, Doc

Do I look that crass, or sound it, Doc? Turn you against them? Really? Is that what you got out of what i was trying to tell you? Or was that a quick one for the comrades, a genuflection to show your heart is in the right place?

All I was saying was that the Shiv Sena are not the Hindus that you think you are aligning with. They are nothing to do with Shivaji. They are everything to do with parochial politicians who have made their money in raping the countryside, and monopolising water in a water-scarce country to grow sugar and molasses.

The Hindus you mentioned at Sanjar were the polar opposites. If the Shiv Sena had been around and in the vicinity, you would probably have settled down, still dripping ink, in Sri Lanka.

What you are supporting now is a bunch of orcs, misbegotten human beings sought to be recreated in an image that its recreators could not get, precisely, the image of that which they fear most, a militant and powerful Muslim. They try to imitate Muslims, and totally bugger up Hindu customs and practices and habits in the doing, and don't succeed, either.

How sad that you are following a sad crowd of jobless wanna-bes, who couldn't make the cut in the job market to the Biharis and Mulloos, and decided that competence be blowed, muscle should matter.

That's all there is to it.

From Pakistan's perspective, India is going in a great direction.. and part of this tribute goes to Indian politicians and part to Indian media who have fed Indians with this poison that even an different opinion is now forbidden.

Pakistan has taken the turn and is getting away from extremism while India has taken the turn towards it.

Last edited:
From Pakistan's perspective, India is going in a great direction.. and part of this tribute goes to Indian politicians and part to Indian media who have fed Indians with this poison that even an different opinion is now forbidden.

Pakistan has taken the turn and is getting away from extremism while India has taken the turn towards it.

Hurts like hell, but you're right.

True, Doc.

I had for some reason counted you among the inherently decent. I still do, actually; silly of me, isn't it?

The last thing that Calcutta needs today is a Bong Shiv Sena. You got your equations wrong. It was the Islamic Shiv Sena equivalent of the time that sent your people away from home in a quest for shelter. It was the tolerant of the foreign and the exotic, the opposite poles of the Shiv Sena, who gave you welcome shelter and took you into their hearts. Not these scum, not the @SarthakGanguly / @Speed / @punit kind of cretin.

You scored a same-side, Doc. Pity, that.

At the moment, it is you on a donkey back, painted pink. But then, you are the sort of social misfit who seeks attention through notoriety, since you cannot get attention any other way.
another batch of honor ! thanks grandpa!

hahaha .. thanks for the comic relief !

Hurts like hell, but you're right.

Seriously? This was a party that was involved in rioting in the earlier "secular" times, now that they have advanced to ink throwing in these "communal" times, you are getting all despondent?

Have been reading your recent posts. Me thinks that your perspective meter is a little out of whack. May need a reboot.

Seriously? This was a party that was involved in rioting in the earlier "secular" times, now that they have advanced to ink throwing in these "communal" times, you are getting all despondent?

Have been reading your recent posts. Me thinks that your perspective meter is a little out of whack. May need a reboot.
C'mon.. it's the latest trend.. one needs to go with the flow! Have you not been noticing all those awardees returning their awards.. 'cause India has suddenly changed from being a land of honey, milk, hope & glory to pain & misery, overnight?

Do I look that crass, or sound it, Doc? Turn you against them? Really? Is that what you got out of what i was trying to tell you? Or was that a quick one for the comrades, a genuflection to show your heart is in the right place?

All I was saying was that the Shiv Sena are not the Hindus that you think you are aligning with. They are nothing to do with Shivaji. They are everything to do with parochial politicians who have made their money in raping the countryside, and monopolising water in a water-scarce country to grow sugar and molasses.

The Hindus you mentioned at Sanjar were the polar opposites. If the Shiv Sena had been around and in the vicinity, you would probably have settled down, still dripping ink, in Sri Lanka.

What you are supporting now is a bunch of orcs, misbegotten human beings sought to be recreated in an image that its recreators could not get, precisely, the image of that which they fear most, a militant and powerful Muslim. They try to imitate Muslims, and totally bugger up Hindu customs and practices and habits in the doing, and don't succeed, either.

How sad that you are following a sad crowd of jobless wanna-bes, who couldn't make the cut in the job market to the Biharis and Mulloos, and decided that competence be blowed, muscle should matter.

That's all there is to it.

@Joe Shearer

Firstly, I think you have the genesis of the Shiv Sena wrong?

The sugar barons you keep repeating? Sharad Pawar. Difficult to fight a more militant Maratha, and old Maratha, in terms of his lineage. The quintessential Maratha strongman and sugar baron. NCP. And originally the staunch Congressi.

So put the proletariat shoe where it fits please.

The Shiv Sena were always urban. Even today they largely are. Hardly any traction in rural areas or hinterland. Built on the sweat and blood (mainly blood) Mumbai of the mill lands and labor unions.

But make no mistake. When it comes to the Hindu Maha Rashtra, Maratha or Bahman are all alike, and will all come together. This squabbling is internal. But eually it stops them from ever rising to national level. Which is a pet peeve of the Marathi Manoos of course when one looks back and sees Deve Snoring Gowda and Gujral types.

I have a lot of faith in Hindu goodness Joe. And open mindedness. And big heartedness.

I am equally disgusted by the fringe. Not because they are Hindu. But because they are little nunnis.

The Shiv Sena has been anything but. They have always been around. Through all Congress regimes. And they have been in your face. Not just in Maharashtra, but across the country.

So they are goons. Big deal. I'd rather have a goon on my side when I go to war.

Than a pseudo-intellectual with a "pen" and a chip on his shoulder, having his millennial orgasm in the sun .....

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:

Well it is always a few handful of people causing the trouble.

but i would blame the silent majority for staying unmoved. in our country the reason for an uptick in Raheel sharif popularity is that unlike his predecessor he chose not to remain a silent majority.

in india the thing is i don't see a silent majority being indifferent they are stepping up and speaking out.

rest let the indians talk it out we shouldn't jump in.

it would invite only trolls and derail a good discussion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom