What's new

Shahid Afridi press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amitabh Bachchan's popularity in Afghanistan
31st July 2006 14.00 IST
By ApunKaChoice Bureau

Bollywood mega superstar Amitabh Bachchan is so popular in Afghanistan that two Afghan teenagers walked for 18 days through Afghanistan and Pakistan just to meet him.

Reports are that the boys were jailed soon after crossing into India through Pakistan.

The border guards arrested the pair for failing to have proper immigration papers in Jammu.

During an interrogation, the boys, from a village outside Kabul, said they walked for 18 days through Jallalabad in Afghanistan and the Pakistani cities of Peshawar, Rawalpindi and Sialkot to reach India and try to meet Bachchan.

Kasim Din, 17, and his 14-year-old friend known only as Hikmat also wished to meet Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan and former film great Dharmendra , the reports added.

"Afghanistan is fascinated with Bollywood films and Sholay is the all-time favourite of the people there," one of the boys told interrogators, the report said.

The two were currently in Arnia police station in Jammu.

A spokesman for India's border guards, Prem Singh, told that although the two boys were minors, they would still "have to face the law."

Bachchan starred in late Mukul Anand's Khuda Gawah in 1992 that was shot mainly in Afghanistan.

Amitabh Bachchan's popularity in Afghanistan : Bollywood News : ApunKaChoice.Com

then who attacked mumbai ?. and killed several innocent people?

some guys who supposedly were from Pakistan.. Even for a second if we believe what Indian government is saying.. does that mean they represent the rest of 170 million Pakistanis??.. what did Indian Government did?.. they cut ties with 170 million people.. called 170 million people terrorists.. and i'm sure if i call you a terrorist you wont like it.. will you?

When two countries want to come close and tie the knot of friendship.. they do not cut ties.. lets assume a scenario.. what if there is another "power" which does not want India and Pakistan coming together? what if Indo-Pak rivalry is in their benefit?.. what would they do if peace talks start in between India and Pakistan?.. they will try to stop it.. how.. just create a disaster in either countries and first thing that country would do will cut ties with other..

It seems that in last 65 years.. thats what is happening.. whenever both countries tried to come close.. something happens in either Pakistan and/or in India and the peace talks stopped.. does that make sense to you?.. Can it be someone OUTSIDE our two countries who does not want us becoming friends?..

Lets look at people.. We Pakistanis listen to Indian Music, love indian movies, love Actors and Actresses.. Indians on the other hand use to smuggle Pakistan dramas to watch them.. i remember few of my friends from Bumbai (now Mumbai) who use to ask me to send them video cassettes of completed Pakistani dramas which use to run on PTV in late 80s early 90s..

If that is how the people act with each other.. then what is it that is stopping the peace between two countries?

anyone?
o

absouletly right

afridi is doing what PCB & Ijaz Butt failed to all this while. Good on him.. maybe this will help softening BCCI's stand against PCB & deluded Ijaz Butt, help pakistani players getting the piece of that IPL pie!!

some guys who supposedly were from Pakistan.. Even for a second if we believe what Indian government is saying.. does that mean they represent the rest of 170 million Pakistanis??.. what did Indian Government did?.. they cut ties with 170 million people.. called 170 million people terrorists.. and i'm sure if i call you a terrorist you wont like it.. will you?

indian government never call all pakisthan people r terrosists. some groups r there. some people r co operating with them. we r asking to abolish them.

indian government never call all pakisthan people r terrosists. some groups r there. some people r co operating with them. we r asking to abolish them.

vamshikrishna i never said that Indian Government CALLED all Pakistani people terrorists.. i mean by cutting ties with 170 people just bcoz of few you in reality alienate them altogether.. if i was the governing body of India i would have gone with peace talks making a statement in the eyes of Pakistani people that "India wants to be friends with Pakistan and BOTH countries wont bow down and back off from friendship just because of handful of people who doesn't want this friendship to prosper"...

Think it this way.. if one of your far cousin kills someone.. should you be alienated or punished for that? 170 million people of Pakistan don't even know the names of people who were involved there.. why should they suffer?

and if you alienate them without their fault.. anger is surely gonna be there.. simple as that!

Afridi has put his hand in the viper's pit with such a bold statement akin to blasphemy proportion issue. Many Pakistanis would feel its against Pakistaniat. Pakistanis live for bread Allah and Kashmir, coupled with hatred for Hindu India.

Hate India is a Official-Military posture of Pakistan.
I am afraid Afridi might go down as Salman Taseer.

indians ki kuch taareff kerdo, and they will start love speech, kuch hatado and they will start a war :lol::lol:

tm log hamara sand use krte ho apne infrastructure k liye aur hate krte ho

i dnt knw why indian are so jealous from pakistan
we use ur resources for our national development and we pay for it, but we are not fan of anything as whole pakistan fan of hindu music..

Afridi has put his hand in the viper's pit with such a bold statement akin to blasphemy proportion issue. Many Pakistanis would feel its against Pakistaniat. Pakistanis live for bread Allah and Kashmir, coupled with hatred for Hindu India.

Hate India is a Official-Military posture of Pakistan.
I am afraid Afridi might go down as Salman Taseer.

Don't come up with cr@p.. I dont know where you are from.. but Pakistani people KNOW the difference between the two..

tm log hamara sand use krte ho apne infrastructure k liye aur hate krte ho

i dnt knw why indian are so jealous from pakistan
Original Post By farhan_9909

Rooster taking credit for the morning?

we use ur resources for our national development and we pay for it, but we are not fan of anything as whole pakistan fan of hindu music..

Correction: may i remind you of Mehdi Hassan, Ghulam Ali, Noor Jahan, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and some other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom