What's new

Shahid Afridi says banning Pakistani cricketers brings bad image to India

What is hurting the image is bribe taking banned Pakistanis caught up in a web and can not even play for their country what a wasted talent!

indians and their insecurity surrounding Pakistan ----- lol

I heard they were working on pakistan premiere league, wahape khel lio duckridi bhai

when a ever desperate & upset loser get microphone this is it.
i like your "punch" brother welcome :-)

Islamabad: Pakistan allrounder Shahid Afridi says he might retire from one-day internationals after the World Cup next year and just concentrate on Twenty20s.

afridi-640-cheeky.jpg

Afridi quit Test cricket four years ago after playing just 27 test matches, but the hard-hitting allrounder is a regular member of the limited-overs teams.

He has played in three World Cups, and captained the team to the 2011 semifinals, after which differences with Pakistan Cricket Board officials made him quit the captaincy. Pakistan's most capped T20 player, Afridi was only two games shy of Inzamam-ul-Haq's national ODIs record of 375. (Afridi launches welfare website in Pakistan)

"The 2015 World Cup (in Australia and New Zealand) is important for two, three senior members of the team. I may retire after it and continue playing Twenty20 cricket," Afridi said on Friday in Lahore.

"I've always said that my cricket is attached with my fitness and performance, and I will take the final decision after seeing my performance in 2015." (Afridi hits back at sexism row)

The PCB has organized a one-month fitness camp in Lahore before announcing the central contracts, and Afridi said while he has attended lots of camps during his 18-year career, there's no doubt this camp will be very tough.

Afridi was in favor of performance-based central contracts, and said if someone performed throughout the year he should get the A-plus category, and if a senior player's contract was reduced due to performance, he should accept it.

He said he still wished to be captain again.

"It's (captaincy) not a bed of roses, it's an honor for a player," he said. (Shahid Afridi, the ugly duck-ling of ICC World T20)

"I've forgotten lots of things that happened in the past ... it's my wish (to be captain), and it should be every player's wish.

"I don't play to just survive in the team. Whatever cricket is left in me, I want to give it back to my country."

Waqar Younis reportedly had differences with Afridi when he resigned from coaching Pakistan in 2012. With Younis reappointed and starting next month, Afridi hoped what happened in the past will remain there, and said he was looking forward to working with him again. (PCB cacks whip on Afridi for World T20 comments)

"If Vicky (Younis' nickname) bhai (brother) or Shahid Afridi didn't learn from their mistakes we can't move forward," he said. "We should all forget it, and move forward for the good of the country."

Asked to comment on the recent turmoil in the PCB in which the chairmanship was handed back and forth between Najam Sethi and Zaka Ashraf by the courts, Afridi said, "Such things bring a bad name to cricket and the country. Cricket and cricketers should not suffer from such things, that's it."

Afridi also welcomed news that the PCB and India board reached an understanding to play six bilateral series from 2015-23, and lamented how Pakistan players were ignored by Indian teams in the Indian Premier League.

"You can't clap with one hand ... I don't think sport should be attached with politics," he said. "India is giving a negative message to the world, because everyone wants to see Pakistan players go and play in India."
ha ha ha ha perfect case of "angoor khatte hain" ;)

If you really don't care about IPL then wtf are you doing posting on this thread?:partay:
lolzzz bhai dont be so "mean" to them its like mana we are short dark elvil banya hindus but "paisa" to sabko pasand hai and as they say in "dilli 6" ... "Baniye ko gali bhi sab dete hain aur baniye se dosti bhi sab chahte hain " ever wondered why ;)

Last edited:
Why we allow him doesent he say something from his big mouth after loosing 2011 semi final?
its tell all who is insecure

What gives bad image to India is when It's players indulge into their Indian habits on the field.

So you disagree with Afridi? Or you do agree with him and pointing out other reasons that bring bad image to India?

ban then forever...... no need of them playing in IPL....why pakistanii are so desperate in every thing...indian are nt giving this indian ny giving that....give it a break....guys....enjoy ur home cricket league....

Back
Top Bottom