What's new

Shahid Afridi press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate.. you know Pakistan and Indian police.. they can beat the sh1t out of an elephant to make him say he is an ant.. and read what i said before.. a group of few people does not represent 170 million Pakistani people.. if you want friendship... there are 170 million (except few) people to befriend.. if you want enemy.. 170 million people (total) to be enemy..

What would you like?.. the choice is yours.. and let me tell you something else.. its not only just india's responsibility to befriend people of Pakistan.. its also Pakistan's responsibility to befriend Indian people.. its a two-way path.. I hope someday this friendship will happen and thats the time we truly will rule the world.. and thats what other powers are afraid of..

just my two cents.. and with this i close this discussion.. this is cricket forum and i would rather talk about that :)

i agree with u brother. but politicans r different. who know what is going on others mind

yes bollywood exerts influence, just check how many hollywood movies are copied and psted in bollywood...

How many lawsuites have you noticed against Bollywood by Hollywood producers against violation of Copyrights?

Lets be realistic and accept that a large number of population like to watch **** and nude scenes, dances nothing surprising about that.

My only arguments is that if at all one has to watch seductive stuff then why not go for some quality from Hollywood instead of going for Indian one.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
u mean to say,every body is tharki:lol:
jana ji,tawadi post nu ki honda jaa rya hai..
firstly u wrote pakistanis dont prefer to wear undergarments,now this...

How many lawsuites have you noticed against Bollywood by Hollywood producers against violation of Copyrights?

because u make such a cheap copy, nobody in the world watches them thats why :lol:

whats the problem if somebody watches bollywood movies......its just mere entertainment not some brain washing machine.....hollywood is more action and fantasy......like bollywood stick to it otherwise leave it.......some pak guys are saying as if bollywood will shut down if pak people don't watch the movies.......remember these movies are made keepin indian public in mind.....who cares what pakistani thinks

Bollywood is better than Hollywood

Hollywood has failed for a long time since most of its entertainers are mediocre. There was a time when Hollywood symbolised Jimmy Durante and the dream of a better life. Hollywood once entertained the world with the antics of Dean Martin and Jerry

IN ORDER to defend Bollywood, we must first look at the failure of Hollywood. Hollywood has failed for a long time since most of its entertainers are mediocre. There was a time when Hollywood symbolised The Three Stooges, Jack Benny, Jimmy Durante, and the dream of a better life. Hollywood once entertained the world with the antics of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis.

Hollywood did not live up to its dream of being the capital of entertainment with its marginalisation of the Latin, African American Population and the Native American Population. Regardless, there have been notable exceptions such as Cesar Romero, Nat King Cole, Sidney Poitier, Penelope Cruz, Marilyn Romero, Constance Marie, Sofia Vergara, and Maria Conchita Alonso.

Hollywood was able to establish for itself, a reputation as being the centre of everything immoral. And a place where people are prejudged. It was also a place where movies can be trashed and comic geniuses banished for not towing the line in such an artificial place. I think many people turned off to Hollywood and started going to Bollywood for some of the films.

Many people turned off Hollywood and went to Bollywood because of the music. I myself have preferred Bollywood to Hollywood because of their pro family orientation, the music, and the artists especially Shilpa Shetty and the romantic comedy Garam Masala.

According to an article on The Telegraph by Chris Hastings and Beth Jones, Bollywood has overtaken British Made Films since there is a growing group of people who are now watching Bollywood films. The growing group of people includes British Asians as well as more British Subjects who are not Asian.

Amanda Shell wrote about Bollywood in the Tennessee Journalist. The Tennessee Journalist is the news website of the University of Tennessee School of Journalism and Electronic Media located in Knoxville, Tennessee. Ms. Shell reported that Bollywood is having more viewers than Hollywood. Personally, it is because of the pro family nature of the films.

Another reason Bollywood is superior to Hollywood in my opinion has been the lies concocted by Hollywood and the fact that it may not represent the United States as a whole.

I am also of the belief that while Bollywood is competitive like Hollywood, their films and stars have been shown as examples of morality and decency. Shilpa Shetty was also an actress from Bollywood who was able to behave with dignity in the presence of the racist abuse she received from the British Artists in Big Brother.

Bollywood is better than Hollywood

thats it, if pakistanis stop watching your movies, you indians will only be the guys watching your movies, no body damn cares about your stupid movies, not even 1/4th of pakistanis watch your movies, your movies are most watched in karachi, not even outside cities

im a pakistani, and dont watch your movies

SO, now Lahore is located in Karachi????????

“Indian movies dominate Lahore cinemas”

Indian movies dominate Lahore cinemas « SATYAMSHOT

‘Dabangg’ brings Pakistani public back to cinema halls

"We will have to close down our cinema houses if the government didn't allow the screening of Indian films," Zoraiz Lashari, chairman of Pakistan Film Exhibitors Association (PFEA), told IANS.

IndiaGlitz - Let us show Bollywood films: Pakistani cinema owners - Bollywood Movie News

because u make such a cheap copy, nobody in the world watches them thats why :lol:

except pakistanis,
this cheapness in bollywood brings more n more western artist to india and to work with bollywood:lol:
but haters cant digest as they dont have digesting capability

Lets be realistic and accept that a large number of population like to watch **** and nude scenes, dances nothing surprising about that.
You are comparing watching movies, TV channels with ****? Are you OK? :sick:

My only arguments is that if at all one has to watch seductive stuff then why not go for some quality from Hollywood instead of going for Indian one.

Because those watch Hollywood also watch Bollywood as well. Just ask some of your friends why they watch both.

except pakistanis,
this cheapness in bollywood brings more n more western artist to india and to work with bollywood:lol:
but haters cant digest as they dont have digesting capability

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks to Bollywood 'every Moroccan will know at least 100 words in Hindi'

'Every Moroccan will know at least 100 words in Hindi' - Rediff Getahead

Romantic landscapes. Enchanting souks. Affable people. Bollywood. In a special series, Arthur J Pais takes a magical, mystery tour of Morocco.

Also read:
Desi in magical Morocco
The Casablanca massage
Sex and the City: The Morocco connection

The young man working on a hide in a tannery in Fez is oblivious to the hordes of tourists, it seems. But look again. You will see that from the corner of his eye, he is looking at some of them, possibly the pretty girls, who like other tourists take umpteen pictures of barrels of colourful dyes used in the tannery. It is not an easy thing to do; for they are also holding sprigs of fresh mint to ward off the stench not only from the hides of goats, sheep, camels and cows but also from the pigeon poop used to treat the hides.

But today the young man notices two people in the tour group which consists of mostly Australians and British.

"Do you know Jackie Shroff?" he asks us, the only two Indians in the group, in decent English which, he later tells me, he learned while moonlighting as a tourist guide in the evenings. "Everyone here says Shah Rukh Khan or Amitabh [Bachchan] are the best, but I like everything about Jackie. He is a real man. I see his old movies all the time."

Others in the group are a bit bewildered. Some of them know of Bollywood. But they do not know of Jackie Shroff.

"How did he know you are from India?" one of them asks my wife.

Throughout the two weeks we spent in Morocco, no one asked us if we were from Pakistan or India, unlike the question we frequently faced during a Turkish sojourn two years ago.

They just knew we were from India.

Moroccans, who devour Bollywood films with a bigger appetite than the Russians, want you to be an Indian even if you are a Pakistani.

When the salesperson at the tannery, who provides the rundown on how hides are treated and what dyes are used, talks to me about his favourite Bollywood singers, he includes the name of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. "But he was from Pakistan," I say. He wastes no time in replying. "Nusrat must have learned his art from Indian films. That is why he made music for Indian films"

Bollywood is ever present in Moroccan conversations with an Indian visitor. You hear it mentioned in the souks the sprawling covered and open markets that sell anything from expensive carpets, intricately woven shawls, imitation American caps, jewellery, lake fish, to goat and camel meat and the tea shops. At train stations, and restaurants. And at every tourist spot where an Indian cannot get away without listening to a Moroccan saying something in Hindi or singing a few lines from the latest Bollywood film.

"Hey lady, this is special for you because of Shah Rukh," a salesman says, offering a $500 (about Rs 22,000) leather jacket in Fez to my wife. A recent Bollywood film is playing on his television. "I make good price for you because you are from India."

Earlier our tour guide has told us to bargain hard. "If the price is high and you have to bargain, I will say good," he had said. "And that means you can bargain really hard. If I say very good, bargain a bit. You are not being overcharged in this case."

This time the guide has said good, and we ask the price to be halved.

But the salesman is not giving in. "Best price in Fez," he says. "I make $450 now (about Rs 20,000). You show this to Shah Rukh, he will like it. This will last for 50 years."

He is talking more about Bollywood films. We politely say no and go to another shop. For no particular reason, I turn back. He is looking at us with angry eyes. Perhaps he is muttering a curse. We discover in no time that the love for Bollywood doesn't always last.

A student in Casablanca says he has seen the Hollywood hit Inception three times and he sees over a dozen Hollywood movies a year. "But Indian films are very special," he says. "They tell stories about families, of brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers, sons and daughters Stories like our stories, like what happens in Morocco or Egypt. And then they give us everything. We laugh, we cry, we sing and we love Kajol and Aishwarya [Rai Bachchan], and all the Khans. But there is no one to beat Amitabh."

But Bollywood gains very little from Morocco, other than adoration. Though a dozen theatres screen Bollywood films, most Moroccans watch them on television or buy pirated DVDs.

"The artists who worked on this ceiling must have been listening to Mohammad Rafi or Lata [Mangeshkar]," says the manager of a four star resort hotel in Marrakesh. "Otherwise, he would not have been able to create such a beautiful ceiling."

The man, who is in his late 20s, has seen the films that had thrilled his father.

"My father said he saw Mehboob Khan's Aan five times," he recalls. "I think I have seen it at least 20 times."

As he speaks about his favourite Bollywood directors including Vishal Bharadwaj, his face saddens. "I am making this request to you because you are a journalist," he says. His eyes are now moist.

"We used to have a beautiful movie theatre here," he says. "It also showed Indian films and we held Indian film festivals there. When Amitabh and his wife Jaya [Bachchan] came here for a festival, we carried them around the theatre on high chairs. Aamir Khan has also come here. We treated him like we would treat our king."

The theatre has been closed, he said, because of the recession.

"It would be nice if Amitabh or Aamir takes it over," he says. "Would you tell them to do it please?"

Indian movies are so popular across the country, he says, that Hindi is like an unofficial language to thousands of people. "Every Moroccan will know at least 100 words in Hindi because of your films," he says.

He had also heard -- this was in late July -- that Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor would be shooting a movie in Marrakesh.

"I am going to meet them too and request them to save this beautiful theatre."

who said bollywood is producing cheap movies.

Slumdog Millionaire

Slumdog Millionaire was nominated for 10 Academy Awards in 2009 and won eight, the most for any film of 2008, including Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Adapted Screenplay. It also won seven BAFTA Awards (including Best Film), five Critics' Choice Awards, and four Golden Globes. The film was dubbed in Hindi for Indian release as Slumdog Crorepati.

Slumdog Millionaire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AR Rahman at his Chennai residence after bagging two Academy Awards for his work in Slumdog Millionaire

220px-Oscar_Puyal_Rahman.jpg

whats the problem if somebody watches bollywood movies......its just mere entertainment not some brain washing machine.....hollywood is more action and fantasy......like bollywood stick to it otherwise leave it.......some pak guys are saying as if bollywood will shut down if pak people don't watch the movies.......remember these movies are made keepin indian public in mind.....who cares what pakistani thinks

They all watch it!! There is no harm in watching indian movies if it's worth it!! It's like me going to a pakistani restaurant 'cause i love pakistani food. however people's ego doesn't permit them to admit it for some vague reason!!

Is Bollywood in India Bigger Than Hollywood in the US?
This picture is from the movie called "Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gam," a very popular Bollywood movie. Photo from Shahrukh Khan My name is Khan, Rab ne bana di jodi, Om shanti om & more
By Muhammad Waqar
Everyone knows about Hollywood in California where many U.S. movies are made. But how many know about Bollywood in India?
Bollywood is the name given to the Mumbai-based film industry in India. The term Bollywood was created by combining Bombay (the city now called Mumbai) and Hollywood (the famous center of the United States film industry). Movie production in Mumbai and other Indian cities is considered to be the largest in the world in terms of number of films produced, and maybe also the number of tickets sold.
Bollywood films are very unique and they are different from movies made in other parts of the world. The most prominent feature of Bollywood film is music. Indian audiences expect full value for their money. They want songs and dances, love interest, comedy and dare-devil thrills, all mixed up in a three hour long extravaganza with an intermission. Such movies are called ‘masala movies’ or ‘commercial movies’..
Many Hindi filmmakers try their hand at tried and tested formulas. The plots are generic like star-crossed lovers, corrupt politicians, twins separated at birth, conniving villains, angry parents, and convenient coincidences. Filmmakers just take a hit film from the past, change the casting, add new songs, modify it and present it as a new different film with same old story.And guess what? People like these films. They like to go and watch the same thing again and again.
Recently Indian filmmakers have started making experimental films. Surprisingly, the response of the audience is overwhelming. 2004 and 2005 has seen many films that have captured new themes never experienced in Indian cinema. These filmshave gained immense national and international critical acclaim. Some of these films shocked the nation and rocked at the box office. A few fetched the greatest revenues from overseas markets such as the USA, Canada, the UK, and Australia. One movie, Salaam Namaste, emerged as the biggest hit in Australia in the history of the Indian film industry.
Hindi films are unique in many different ways. Music is an integral part of Indian Movies. Actors try to sing for their own movies and the songs are extremely popular. The music is fun and very expressive and carries a lot of deep meaning.
Dancing to Bollywood films is like oxygen to human beings. They are the ultimate soul of Bollywood. Dance sequences include the classical dance styles, folk dance, Bhangra and the modern dance with a western touch. The graceful movements of the body combines with the music to help express the film’s theme.
To make the movies more captivating and glamorous, they are usually shot in beautiful foreign locations like Switzerland, London, Australia, or they are shot on expensive sets in India. Elaborate costumes are provided to the dancers. In some songs of about 5 minutes, the leading pair changes as many as ten costumes. Professional choreographers are hired to teach the dance steps to the actors, actresses, and extras. A special award category is reserved for ‘Best Choreographer of the Year’. People in India say that if music is well received, half the battle is won.
Some actors have reached the heights of stardom after doing hundreds of movies. To become popular, an actor might release three to four movies in a year. But there are exceptions. One famous actor, Amir Khan, decided to do only one film a year whereas another famous actor, Amitabh Bachan, does about ten to twelve movies in a year.
© Copyright Silver International Newspaper, Montgomery Blair H.S. 2006 (This page was created by Long Nguyen, d )

Bollywood_wb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom