What's new

SCO expands, meaning SAARC may become obsolete soon

Every organization except NATO is useless . UN ne kya ukhaad liya jo SCO ya SAARC ukhadegi .

Speaking as a military bloc there is only NATO but there are other ways to skin the cat :)

It's a sad but inevitable fact that new military alignments will emerge post 2020 and we will see more military blocs forming.

India and China are billion plus population countries and our mother earth has only so much to offer, as the economy of India and China reach USD 10,000 levels of GDP per capita in nominal terms, each will take actions to safeguard their interests which would be in conflict with each other.

I hope everything will be resolved peacefully, but history tells me otherwise.

Pakistan and India have been admitted to SCO. This is where China is the center and everyone revolves around it. Russia, India, Pakistan, and other CARs are satellites of different sizes and colors.

Quiete possibe that now BDesh and Nepal too would want to become members of SCO.

What does this means for India lead SAARC?

It may become obsolete now.

What are your thoughts?

@Atanz, @Gufi, @Slav Defence, @Luftwaffe, @WebMaster, @Jungibaaz, @jaibi, @notsuperstitious, @Azlan Haider, @ajpirzada, @DESERT FIGHTER, @AgNoStiC MuSliM, @Jazzbot, @Jf Thunder, @Hyperion, @JonAsad, @Nihonjin1051, @cirr, @Cherokee, @Genesis, @Bamxa, @SarthakGanguly, @Cat Shannon, @Butchcassidy, @Norwegian, @Mr.UTurn, @GreenFalcon, @Syed.Ali.Haider, @KURUMAYA, @Gazi, @Patriots, @karachiite_pacifist

SAARC is already being replaced by the more effective BBIN

Pakistan and India have been admitted to SCO. This is where China is the center and everyone revolves around it. Russia, India, Pakistan, and other CARs are satellites of different sizes and colors.

Quiete possibe that now BDesh and Nepal too would want to become members of SCO.

What does this means for India lead SAARC?

What are your thoughts?

@Atanz, @Gufi, @Slav Defence, @Luftwaffe, @WebMaster, @Jungibaaz, @jaibi, @notsuperstitious, @Azlan Haider, @ajpirzada, @DESERT FIGHTER, @AgNoStiC MuSliM, @Jazzbot, @Jf Thunder, @Hyperion, @JonAsad, @Nihonjin1051, @cirr, @Cherokee, @Genesis, @Bamxa, @SarthakGanguly, @Cat Shannon, @Butchcassidy, @Norwegian, @Mr.UTurn, @GreenFalcon, @Syed.Ali.Haider, @KURUMAYA, @Gazi, @Patriots, @karachiite_pacifist
Before Nepal and Bangladesh Iran and Belarus or Mongolia would become full members.

SCO is a security organization and SAARC is a economic grouping. They serve different purposes

Every organization except NATO is useless . UN ne kya ukhaad liya jo SCO ya SAARC ukhadegi .
True.
Merely Economic Cooperation is all about there to describe most other groups. Reason why India is there.
Same here with SCO, china is trying to replicate NATO but forgetting the fundamental difference.

Just for argument sake what if Greece is willing to join SCO and BRICS?

This is in regards to the latest events... SCO has changed its membership rules so would some kind of preferable procedure be adopted?

I didn't know BRICS was open for membership... this is news to me?

SCO is a security organization and SAARC is a economic grouping. They serve different purposes

SCO is a resources organization - more in line with chinese involvement with former soviet oil producing central asian countries.

chinese and russians have a g2 of their own which is a security and strategic organization.

What are your thoughts?

Not a lot of thought is needed to see that your contention that SAARC "may become obsolete now" that SCO has taken in both India and Pakistan may not necessarily be true. Both organizations are likely to remain relevant for their members for the foreseeable future.

If it can't emerge as a military & political alliance, It'd just be another UN. I don't believe they can do that.

Not a lot of thought is needed to see that your contention that SAARC "may become obsolete now" that SCO has taken in both India and Pakistan may not necessarily be true. Both organizations are likely to remain relevant for their members for the foreseeable future.

depends on the impact.

SAARC I guess will loose its impact big time.

BBIN is very important group. Why not work with countries where we can make progress. This is very good move, because Pakistan is adamant that unless we solve Kashmir we will not make progress on anything at all. What can we do with Pakistan when they have that kind of impractical stand. This stand is more like ghar ke bachhon ka stand, jab tak mujhe batting nahi milegi main khelne nahi dounga.. One has to be more practical in international relations.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom