What's new

Saudi cleric claims Earth is stationary, does not revolve around Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want to meet an angry Arab ? That will be me. And the only thing that makes me happy is seeing you face to face :)

Bro, let's leave that for another occasion, lol.

Looking forward to your reply to my post 121. We can take the talk in another thread. It' an interesting discussion and I would like to hear your opinion. We might both become wiser.

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1424229854.479641.jpg

A Saudi cleric in a recent video rejected the theory that the Earth revolves around the Sun and claimed that the opposite is true, Al Arabia News reported.
His statements sparked a wave of social media remarks across the globe.
When a student questioned him about whether the Earth was stationary or moving, Sheikh Bandar al-Khaibari responded with “stationary and does not move.”
To support his theory, Khaibari quoted some clerics and chose to present some religious statements. He then used some visuals to further strengthen his argument.
Holding up a sealed water cup, he questioned “First of all, where are we now? We go to Sharjah airport to travel to China by plane, clear? Focus with me, this is Earth,” he said pointing at the sealed cup.
He then argued that if a plane stops still in the air, “China would be coming towards it in case the Earth rotates in one direction. If the Earth rotates in the opposite direction, the plane would never reach China, because China is also rotating,” he explained.
A wave of controversial remarks flooded social media, following the clerics video, so much so that a new hashtag began trending on Twitter: #cleric_rejects_rotation_of_Earth
Several Twitter users ridiculed the cleric for this notion.
Saudi cleric claims Earth is stationary, does not revolve around Sun – The Express Tribune
Man! This guy deserve a Nobel prize:coffee:

yeah they do believe this. the qu'ran and the messenger can't be proven wrong.

ignorance is bliss.

yet we still got people who think the earth is flat and or if the earth is hollow or the earth is only thousands of years old.

View attachment 194269
A Saudi cleric in a recent video rejected the theory that the Earth revolves around the Sun and claimed that the opposite is true, Al Arabia News reported.
His statements sparked a wave of social media remarks across the globe.
When a student questioned him about whether the Earth was stationary or moving, Sheikh Bandar al-Khaibari responded with “stationary and does not move.”
To support his theory, Khaibari quoted some clerics and chose to present some religious statements. He then used some visuals to further strengthen his argument.
Holding up a sealed water cup, he questioned “First of all, where are we now? We go to Sharjah airport to travel to China by plane, clear? Focus with me, this is Earth,” he said pointing at the sealed cup.
He then argued that if a plane stops still in the air, “China would be coming towards it in case the Earth rotates in one direction. If the Earth rotates in the opposite direction, the plane would never reach China, because China is also rotating,” he explained.
A wave of controversial remarks flooded social media, following the clerics video, so much so that a new hashtag began trending on Twitter: #cleric_rejects_rotation_of_Earth
Several Twitter users ridiculed the cleric for this notion.
Saudi cleric claims Earth is stationary, does not revolve around Sun – The Express Tribune
Man! This guy deserve a Nobel prize:coffee:

But Copernicus and Galileo have already been vindicated!

ignorance is bliss.

yet we still got people who think the earth is flat and or if the earth is hollow or the earth is only thousands of years old.

Sad to see that.

ignorance is bliss.

There are peoples in the western world who believes earth is 6000 years old. And the Flat earth society has a significant numbers of membership in US/Europe.

indeed it is. if people like this was in charge of the world we would be living in a second dark age.

They are already living in the 'dark age' mentality.

There are peoples in the western world who believes earth is 6000 years old. And the Flat earth society has a significant numbers of membership in US/Europe.

They are already living in the 'dark age' mentality.

well if you take the word of the qu'ran literally and try to emulate the first Muslims then yes the mentality is rampant.

indeed it is. if people like this was in charge of the world we would be living in a second dark age.

This is the reason why EDUCATION is a requisite. And I mean REAL education. Not just theology.

Why do these idiots need to go out of their way to bring up such bull and insult the entire religion like this? If they want to spew nonsense, they should do it without involving religion.

@C130 at least don't help the morons.

The Quran mentions that the moon and the sun revolve in separate orbits (scientifically correct), but nothing about the Earth being the center or being stationary or whatever stupidity these people believe in.
Miracles of the Qur'an - Modern Science Reveals New Miracles of the Qur'an

I must reiterate: the Quran does not, in any way, make any of the claims these clerics are making (and neither does any other Islamic source).

It is fine if one believes in a theological doctrine for all i care. Its just that one should separate one's religious beliefs when in application to professional and institutional duties. Lastly, a person's religious opinion should not be forced down the throats of others under pain of duress.

Why do these idiots need to go out of their way to bring up such bull and insult the entire religion like this? If they want to spew nonsense, they should do it without involving religion.

@C130 at least don't help the morons.

The Quran mentions that the moon and the sun revolve in separate orbits (scientifically correct), but nothing about the Earth being the center or being stationary or whatever stupidity these people believe in.
Miracles of the Qur'an - Modern Science Reveals New Miracles of the Qur'an

I must reiterate: the Quran does not, in any way, make any of the claims these clerics are making (and neither does any other Islamic source).

yet these idiots are teachers and get air time.
why would such a person be allowed to speak and make up lies about the qu'ran??

ignorance is bliss.

These scums are the one who spread the hate and killing destruction in the arab and islamic word.

BTW, Some Islamic scientists prove the earth round. But those wasn't scums like these.

yet these idiots are teachers and get air time.
why would such a person be allowed to speak and make up lies about the qu'ran??
Exactly.
That's the kind of stuff that makes me (and a lot of others) hit my head in walls regularly :hitwall:
He probably helps Saudi interests in some way or another, or is in bed with politicians or the some influential moron in the mullah network.

Exactly.
That's the kind of stuff that makes me (and a lot of others) hit my head in walls regularly :hitwall:
He probably helps Saudi interests in some way or another, or is in bed with politicians or the some influential moron in the mullah network.

surprise such perversion is allowed. how many followers does Islamic scholar have??? does he have pupils?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom