What's new

Saudi cleric claims Earth is stationary, does not revolve around Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
surprise such perversion is allowed. how many followers does Islamic scholar have??? does he have pupils?
He probably does have followers but probably (and thankfully) not many of them.

Most of these clerics seem to be under the impression that a) God doesn't use metaphors and b) Modern science says that the sun just sits there (it does not)

Either way, they're spreading the disease of ignorance. I've got to try and get in touch with some of these guys, maybe try curing their disease, though I doubt it'll work.

He probably does have followers but probably (and thankfully) not many of them.

Most of these clerics seem to be under the impression that a) God doesn't use metaphors and b) Modern science says that the sun just sits there (it does not)

Either way, they're spreading the disease of ignorance. I've got to try and get in touch with some of these guys, maybe try curing their disease, though I doubt it'll work.

good to know.

Why do these idiots need to go out of their way to bring up such bull and insult the entire religion like this? If they want to spew nonsense, they should do it without involving religion.

@C130 at least don't help the morons.

The Quran mentions that the moon and the sun revolve in separate orbits (scientifically correct), but nothing about the Earth being the center or being stationary or whatever stupidity these people believe in.
Miracles of the Qur'an - Modern Science Reveals New Miracles of the Qur'an

I must reiterate: the Quran does not, in any way, make any of the claims these clerics are making (and neither does any other Islamic source).
There is few verses in Quran which rejecting the claim these ignorant clerics are making, try to post when I find out. My concern goes back home Pakistan the Madrasas run and funded by Saudis and they have subject "Science" among others, wondering what they teaching them.

yeah they do believe this. the qu'ran and the messenger can't be proven wrong.

Well, you're sorta in the same club of ignoramus as the cleric is. Neither the Quran nor the Messenger state what the cleric is stating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom