What's new

Saudi Arabia seeks Pakistan's cooperation for NATO-like military alliance

SA is asking for unity because they see tough times ahead.
Did they not remember about this Unity when our boys laid their lives in Kashmir?
Not to mention Palestine.
All these SArabians want is to sit at home all day.
And let others do the work for them.
Do you people not know how they treat Pakistanis there?
They call us dogs, and you know what, they are right we are dogs.

PA moto should be this.

''Just put a Treat in our mouth, and we'll shed some blood and do your job''.

Diplomacy is an art we need friends not live in isolation COAS and PM visit clearly indicates which direction we r heading .

That could be one clause of it...What will it be is still too early to say.
article 5 is what defines NATO and makes that alliance unique in the sense that in case of an attack the US is then treaty bound to come help militarily to defend it's allies.

That puts Pakistan, with its nukes, in a unique position in this proposed alliance.

article 5 is what defines NATO and makes that alliance unique in the sense that in case of an attack the US is then treaty bound to come help militarily to defend it's allies.

lol do u think if Turkey start a war with Russia and invoke article 5, all NATO members would jump in this suicide without any question?

lol do u think if Turkey start a war with Russia and invoke article 5, all NATO members would jump in this suicide without any question?

If Turkey starts the war it can't invoke Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty because Article 5 is a mutual defense clause. An aggressor nation doesn't have the right to invoke it.

it's only been invoked once in the history of the North Atlantic treaty, this following 9/11 by the United States, which is why NATO is in Afghanistan. The US, being an aggressor, couldn't and didn't attempt to invoke Article 5 during its campaign in Iraq, hence why it's not a NATO action.

So no, NATO would likely not bother if Turkey was the aggressor, though it may still provide material or intelligence support under Article 4.

If Turkey starts the war it can't invoke Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty because Article 5 is a mutual defense clause. An aggressor nation doesn't have the right to invoke it.

lol.. i know this, i wanted to hear from Indian member.. btw what if someone attack NATO member? do they have to call a meeting of NATO for help or other NATO members would respond without any hesitation?

Have you read about China and her military?

Pakistan is actually the biggest problem for India because it destroys the control the Historic India which included Afghanistan. If we only go back and see the recent history not many years back when Pakistan was created the Indian rules wanted to retake Pakistan because the Motherland had been divided.

I was talking about the proposed Muslim alliance, where Pakistan is the only military that can challenge India.

China is a different issue.

Lets forget the Arabs sending troops but what about US$ and arms? That can be compensated for increasing the Pakistan Armed Forces.

Its your call on how to milk the cow....

Still too early to say what the main agenda would be...

@Viper0011. your comments would be appreciated...

Thank you for asking for my opinion. I think this is rather an interesting development from the Arab world. But this will produce a tremendous opportunity (power projection in the long run) for Pakistan.

I recently posted an article I came across, where Pakistan was listed at the number 3 super power. Although, I disagree with that idea, the author's rating and logic was in the right direction. So move Pakistan from number 3 to number 6 or 7, that would be a better place. So expect Pakistan to be the top 6th or 7th major military power. You'll see signs of this starting 2020 and by 2025, you'll start to see the power projection.

Now in terms of this joint exercise with the KSA and all, one thing is for sure, more orders of the JFT are bound to come in a relatively short amount of time. Plus, an advance variant will be created, when I say advance, I am not talking about current JFT block III. I am referring to may be block III but with much more Western tech and other gadgets in it due to JFT joining this alliance and KSA and others will use their resources (plus money from the sales), to integrate Western weapons in it too. When the French see the JFT in like 5-7 nations within the ME area, they will not have an issue in selling and integrating their missiles, that's for sure. Arabs have huge leverage over the Europeans due to billions of weapons they buy.

Same expansion will come from the PN's standpoint. Overall, Pakistan's military is probably the most experienced military in that entire Eastern region. So the Arabs would want the Pakistanis to lead their fight against the terrorism threat that everyone faces. Overtime, this alliance will become more operational then the initial few years.

that's a somewhat related but whole other situation altogether, Erdogan's Turkey today is somewhat of an unwanted NATO vestige of the cold war even if they're going up against the Russians.

and, as @Nattmara just clarified, even within the current existing Article 5 rules, the US and other NATO members only comes into play in case of defending an ally, there is no 'wars of aggression' clause there, which explains why the al sauds and turkey have backed off the ground invasion "safe zone" mission inside Syria.

And not this, but also the strength of Muslim Umah will rise up. Enough of the oppression on Muslim countries. Enough of the proxy wars in Muslim countries and enough of the misuse of Muslim lands. All the Muslim countries have to stand up and fight their problems on their own rather depending on super power countries. Also, I want to see Muslim states fighting for each other rather fighting with each others.
Peace.

Muslim Ummah is a fiction in which young kids like you are suckled in. "Muslims" have been fighting each other before prophet and after prophet. Muslim countries have always been fighting each other and always will . When India slapped Bangladesh outta Pakistan when was this ummah . Ummah is a good old story and once you grow up you will realize it does not exist . After all Ibadat se badi Tijarat aur koi nae hai .

I was talking about the proposed Muslim alliance, where Pakistan is the only military that can challenge India.

China is a different issue.

KSA can easily challenge India and actually take you down also. Remember, if you ever had this scenario played out, you'll be involved in a Naval and Air battle with them. Outside of an AC, they have advance weapons system to deal with pretty much anyone outside of the US. Plus an AC become a no barrier due to their superior aircraft and weapons systems.

Imagine what 300-400 of your top-line jets would be facing, a massive barrage of modern jets like the EFT, F-15's, F-15SA, etc. KSA and India would both be future's regional power. Indian Army would be massive obviously but you can't deploy a million men across the ocean. Its only good for China and Pakistan. The rest you'll fight someone with, will be the IN. So you could build 2 more AC's and have 60-80 planes on them each, KSA's air-force can deal with them. Their pilots have been trained by the USAF / USN and have recent combat experience alongside with the US in many operations.

Muslim Ummah is a fiction in which young kids like you are suckled in. "Muslims" have been fighting each other before prophet and after prophet. Muslim countries have always been fighting each other and always will . .

Here we go with bullshiit. Indians (Hindus) have been fighting each other for the entire time (thousands of years) of their mythology and Vedic times. You forget that. What happened recently in India between Dalat hindus and the "Brahmans"? What's has been happening across centuries between all 4 casts of hindus? (not to mention what are the ruling Hindu extremists doing today to all their minorities who are Indian citizens for centuries)???? Would you like for me to write a few chapters from the Geeta on here? Or provide reference to some "Vedic" events???

Learn to smell your own shiit before you point to other people's smelly shit. All culture have hate, fights and all between them. Unfortunately, that's just humans at their best, never happy, always fighting and wanting something from others.

@Irfan Baloch @Oscar : guys, don't give me a warning. I am merely setting the record straight. Not insulting anyone's religion or anything.

that's a somewhat related but whole other situation altogether, Erdogan's Turkey today is somewhat of an unwanted NATO vestige of the cold war even if they're going up against the Russians.

and, as @Nattmara just clarified, even within the current existing Article 5 rules, the US and other NATO members only comes into play in case of defending an ally, there is no 'wars of aggression' clause there, which explains why the al sauds and turkey have backed off the ground invasion "safe zone" mission inside Syria.

So who will be the enemies of this coalition? who do u think can attack its member states? Iran? Iraq? do u think the alliance need nukes for them?

Pakistan should play careful and positive role, and should try to bridge the gaps and bring remain Muslim countries on board as well provided that purpose of the alliance is to cooperate and fight terrorism and insurgencies (90% of terrorism and insurgencies will in region will be eliminated if all of them become sincere).

PS: OP follow the rules of PDF and don't forget to add the source.

Back
Top Bottom