What's new

Saudi Arabia seeks Pakistan's cooperation for NATO-like military alliance

@Atanz where did your post go?

Like he had said we had received a lot of military hardware thanks to SEATO and CENTO. Otherwise we were stuck with fighters like Supermarine Attackers

Last edited:
Fair enough we should be willing to help. But the condition should be that Arab nations should play a part in stabilizing Syria and Yemen. They should not send terrorists in Syria and fund the terrorists there and they should stop bombing Yemen.

And this alliance is a non starter as its all sunni majority countries alliance. A tinge of sectarianism should be avoided at all costs.

Pakistan should be a symbol of unity in Muslim world not a symbol of division or taking sides.

As much as I have disagreed with you in the past, in this case you have left me speechless. Didn't think you were capable of such analysis.

If you'd just quit being a noora fan boy, you would actually be much better than some of the TT's in here!

Anyways thank you for your +ve input, and sincerely looking forward to your future posts.

Best Regards:cheers:

Than you for your compliment. I write the real stuff, not just fanboy stuff. So I'd suggest, when you see my posts that you disagree with, you may want to look inside your heart and mind, and find out if you didn't like my post because of your own personal bias and not due to the facts :enjoy:. Remember, I am a facts guys (and a numbers guy, and facts and numbers never lie :tup:)

Than you for your compliment. I write the real stuff, not just fanboy stuff. So I'd suggest, when you see my posts that you disagree with, you may want to look inside your heart and mind, and find out if you didn't like my post because of your own personal bias and not due to the facts :enjoy:. Remember, I am a facts guys (and a numbers guy, and facts and numbers never lie :tup:)

Bro, IF you ever come to Abu Dhabi I will be happy to take you out for steak, and then you can see the uniform I wear, and who I really am.

I don't comment on things unless I'm 100% sure about. IF I were to show you properties owned by N league in Dubai, would you be able to tell me how did these politicians amass so much wealth? and why do they have to hide it offshore?

Regards

I don't share your confidence in Saudi Arabia and its military. Judging by how they fumbled Yemen, I remain unimpressed. That they sought military help from Pakistan was quite telling.

And it doesn't matter how good Saudi military equipment is, it's about the men who operate it, from the foot soldier to the generals. Sorry, but the Saudis aren't good fighters.

Well, I hate to disappoint you, KSA's worked with the US in both the wars with Iraq and has serious experience with warfare (air warfare at that). With Yemen, the biggest component was the Urban warfare like the one Pakistani army has been fighting and winning for the past 5-7 years, and the KSA doesn't have experience with that. So it was natural to reach out to Pakistan. Plus they know out of their allies, Pakistan has the strongest and most experienced Army so they always ask for help from them. Nothing new.

By the way, I am NO KSA fan. In fact I have my own laundry list of crap that I don't like them for. I am just stating facts and keeping my personal opinion out of the reality.

On the other hand, what has Indian Army achieved professionally in the last5 decades? Multiple operations either cancelled or never executed against the Pakistanis, even after "massive" military movements? Running a campaign training and using terrorists inside Pakistan who kill students and civilians in schools, etc? That's "accomplishments" to you?

Having an aircraft carrier which disappears during conflicts and goes 600 miles away from the cost of India....kind of a hot girlfriend old people in US get when they turn 60 and buy an expensive sports car, so she looks hot sitting next to them, when they drive, with the car's top down? :rofl: :lol:.

Reacting to 8 F-16's being obtained by Pakistan like a little child but with real concerns? Buying Rafales after Pakistan bought 18 block 52, -16's? I can go on and on. But just setting the record straight. If I was India, now that I have my LCA finally flying, and has Kaveri, etc, I would've never bought the Rafale's, I would've perfected my LCA and used the same weapons system from the French bought with TOT, so I'd never have to go buy another jet from the outside again, and the local industry would produce those. Your LCA's air-frame is built just like Rafale and Mirage's air-frames were built, all you really needed was better avionics and weapon systems and you could've bought it from the French and setup an internal industry (not just make in India, but R&D and built in India). LA block 3 or 4 could easily compete against the Rafale's in like next 5 years or so. Just explaining a few things where the things you guys do, is keeping you away from a real regional power status. You are too dependent on foreign tech.

Bro, IF you ever come to Abu Dhabi I will be happy to take you out for steak, and then you can see the uniform I wear, and who I really am.

I don't comment on things unless I'm 100% sure about. IF I were to show you properties owned by N league in Dubai, would you be able to tell me how did these politicians amass so much wealth? and why do they have to hide it offshore?

Regards

1) You don't have to show me the uniform. I might already know you somehow :enjoy:

2) N-league or F-league, they are allowed to have properties wherever they want to, I really don't give a rats as*. They are rich people. Donald Trump and Bill Gates all have properties across the globe. Steve Ellison owns freaking Islands and these people pay little to no income tax!!!!! But they create jobs and in numbers and keep running the economy. So they can have 10 billion worth of properties, I really don't care. Its not about their assets. Its about what they are doing for their country and the people.

3) If there were no Shariffs, there wouldn't be no CPEC. You'd ONLY get an upgraded port in Gawader and a big airport, with semi structured city with housing societies. The Chinese would've went to Afghanistan and linked through Iran. They'd send some naval ships to keep presence around Gawader as they are running the port and that's it. Nothing more.

Its the policies, assurances, and ROI incentives given by them to the Chinese, KSA, Russians, the UAE, the UK and the US (and now Germany as three German automakers are wanting to setup plants to produce new and advance vehicles in Pakistan). So the point is, these investments have changed Pakistan's outlook, internally and globally, and in the next three years, almost 20 MILLION Pakistanis will be employed (the employment has been on increase for the past three years already). So at the end of the next three years, expect Pakistan's middle class to grow by additional 20-30 million people, that's doubling it in 5 years!!!! THAT is what I am talking about. This is the first time in Pakistan's history that there has not been any corruption found at the top. This is ALSO the first time that the opposition is so fierce (IK) and has so much media running behind it, that there are teams sniffing for Sharriffs corruption in every deal, so far, nothing is there and every government dealing with them knows it. Unfortunately, some people like you don't. So nothing I can do to resolve it.

4) In less than 3 years of these guys rule, Pakistan went from being on the TOP of bankrupt and failed nations, to on the top of the lists in all economic power house's forecasts on becoming one of the top 15 economies and one of the top 10 military powers. I don't know what to call this, but this is a huge U turn in a few years. And the credit goes to the ones who are doing the work as explained above.

5) I am NO Shariff fan, nor do I care. This could be IK or John Doe right now doing the work and I'll praise them just like I praise NS. Names and faces don't make a difference, I am praising WORK and PROGRESS for the Pakistani nation. Not some people.

Well, I hate to disappoint you, KSA's worked with the US in both the wars with Iraq and has serious experience with warfare (air warfare at that). With Yemen, the biggest component was the Urban warfare like the one Pakistani army has been fighting and winning for the past 5-7 years, and the KSA doesn't have experience with that. So it was natural to reach out to Pakistan. Plus they know out of their allies, Pakistan has the strongest and most experienced Army so they always ask for help from them. Nothing new.

By the way, I am NO KSA fan. In fact I have my own laundry list of crap that I don't like them for. I am just stating facts and keeping my personal opinion out of the reality.

On the other hand, what has Indian Army achieved professionally in the last5 decades? Multiple operations either cancelled or never executed against the Pakistanis, even after "massive" military movements? Running a campaign training and using terrorists inside Pakistan who kill students and civilians in schools, etc? That's "accomplishments" to you?

Having an aircraft carrier which disappears during conflicts and goes 600 miles away from the cost of India....kind of a hot girlfriend old people in US get when they turn 60 and buy an expensive sports car, so she looks hot sitting next to them, when they drive, with the car's top down? :rofl: :lol:.

Reacting to 8 F-16's being obtained by Pakistan like a little child but with real concerns? Buying Rafales after Pakistan bought 18 block 52, -16's? I can go on and on. But just setting the record straight. If I was India, now that I have my LCA finally flying, and has Kaveri, etc, I would've never bought the Rafale's, I would've perfected my LCA and used the same weapons system from the French bought with TOT, so I'd never have to go buy another jet from the outside again, and the local industry would produce those. Your LCA's air-frame is built just like Rafale and Mirage's air-frames were built, all you really needed was better avionics and weapon systems and you could've bought it from the French and setup an internal industry (not just make in India, but R&D and built in India). LA block 3 or 4 could easily compete against the Rafale's in like next 5 years or so. Just explaining a few things where the things you guys do, is keeping you away from a real regional power status. You are too dependent on foreign tech.

Interesting points...and you may be well right, assuming that 1) This alliance comes off, which I don't see happening. 2) That there would be a war between this alliance and India. I think the focus is on Iran.

1) You don't have to show me the uniform. I might already know you somehow :enjoy:

2) N-league or F-league, they are allowed to have properties wherever they want to, I really don't give a rats as*. They are rich people. Donald Trump and Bill Gates all have properties across the globe. Steve Ellison owns freaking Islands and these people pay little to no income tax!!!!! But they create jobs and in numbers and keep running the economy. So they can have 10 billion worth of properties, I really don't care. Its not about their assets. Its about what they are doing for their country and the people.

3) If there were no Shariffs, there wouldn't be no CPEC. You'd ONLY get an upgraded port in Gawader and a big airport, with semi structured city with housing societies. The Chinese would've went to Afghanistan and linked through Iran. They'd send some naval ships to keep presence around Gawader as they are running the port and that's it. Nothing more.

Its the policies, assurances, and ROI incentives given by them to the Chinese, KSA, Russians, the UAE, the UK and the US (and now Germany as three German automakers are wanting to setup plants to produce new and advance vehicles in Pakistan). So the point is, these investments have changed Pakistan's outlook, internally and globally, and in the next three years, almost 20 MILLION Pakistanis will be employed (the employment has been on increase for the past three years already). So at the end of the next three years, expect Pakistan's middle class to grow by additional 20-30 million people, that's doubling it in 5 years!!!! THAT is what I am talking about. This is the first time in Pakistan's history that there has not been any corruption found at the top. This is ALSO the first time that the opposition is so fierce (IK) and has so much media running behind it, that there are teams sniffing for Sharriffs corruption in every deal, so far, nothing is there and every government dealing with them knows it. Unfortunately, some people like you don't. So nothing I can do to resolve it.

4) In less than 3 years of these guys rule, Pakistan went from being on the TOP of bankrupt and failed nations, to on the top of the lists in all economic power house's forecasts on becoming one of the top 15 economies and one of the top 10 military powers. I don't know what to call this, but this is a huge U turn in a few years. And the credit goes to the ones who are doing the work as explained above.

5) I am NO Shariff fan, nor do I care. This could be IK or John Doe right now doing the work and I'll praise them just like I praise NS. Names and faces don't make a difference, I am praising WORK and PROGRESS for the Pakistani nation. Not some people.

Could not have said it better myself!!! Love your posts man!

As for this alliance...I sounds nice in theory but is a terrible idea. The only thing that occupies KSA in the current days is Iran. They have created a boogie man out of Iran when in reality they could have had a massive amount of cooperation with them. The "Alliance" is not a NATO style but a way to goad Pakistan into fighting Iranian proxies because the US wont. The GCC countries and Egypt will NEVER come to defend Pakistan against Indian aggression. They will NEVER stand up for Kashmir. Hell, they have stopped standing up for Palestine and you think they will come defend a bunch of "Ajnabi"?!?!?!?

They know that without US help, the only other nation that has the capacity or desire to protect them is Pakistan and without that help they will not be able to push Asad out of Syria, nor will they be able to bring Yemen to a close swiftly. They thought that Egypt would be able to help where Pakistan refused but the only thing the Egyptians are good for is stealing your car. They have never used their army to successfully fight anyone but unarmed clerics (brotherhood) or impoverished Palestinians. They will use this Alliance to extract themselves from Yemen. They will used this alliance to keep Iran at bay. They MAY use this Alliance to fight ISIS (which would be the only positive thing to come from this thing for the Muslim Ummah).

If Pakistan is even remotely considering this, then IT MUST INSIST on Iranian inclusion. If not, then the jig is up. If they are sincere, then they need to smash ISIS. Iran (to be included) must agree to help remove Asad and promote a transition in Syria that is beneficial to ALL parties AND Pakistan must receive real support vis a vis Kashmir. Short of those obligations being met, STAY 1000 Miles away from this as it will only deepen the divide in your country and not benefit you in the least.

@Atanz where did your post go?

Like he had said we had received a lot of military hardware thanks to SEATO and CENTO. Otherwise we were stuck with fighters like Supermarine Attackers
it was far better then enter in an endless hostility and war . if we both stay calm after 1947 we will have better south asia today

in summary.
SAUDI ARABIA: we are getting our ***'s whopped please fight for us.
PAKISTAN: Give me a second to think about it........

saudi arabia: i give you a dollar
pakistan: how much soldiers you need
saudi arabia: i need million slaves ahem i mean pakistanis soldiers inshallah. its all about petro dollar ahem ahem bad cough sorry what i was saying yh its all about muslim ummah .

Regarding Kashmir....these were our lands under Hindu/Buddhist Kings. After all the tragedy and loss of life that has occurred, the lines have been drawn now. Kashmir is divided between 3 countries. If you care so much about the ppl, then we will send them over. The land itself is non negotiable. Case closed.

it was far better then enter in an endless hostility and war . if we both stay calm after 1947 we will have better south asia today

But we did not did we? Hence the need to join those treaties. We should have known better they were targeted at the Soviets and not at India. What were we thinking during the 65 war?

Regarding Kashmir....these were our lands under Hindu/Buddhist Kings

So is present day Pakistan. Where will you stop?

Last edited:
Looking at all heavy weights around one irrational country can drown all.. Without much military muscle many of the supposed members are itching for a fight and they will be motivated to get in to a fight to check their newly found power..

Hi,

Pakistan will have to chose sides---if it had done it last year---the benefits would have been alot.

You could have had 150 k extra troops in 5 years time---which means----for that arena---maybe 6 to 8 divs of armour plus artillery and infantry----10 sqdrns plus of dedicated air superiority and strike aircraft operated by pakistani pilots----about 10 plus type 054 Frigates----around 5 type 052 frigates---about 15-20 type F22 upgraded frigates----multiple submarines---air to air refuellers, air transport and awacs etc---.

A totally independent battle strike group that is ready to take on the challenges of A NEW KIND OF TERRORISM from nigeria to syria.

The threat from india would dissipate in thin air and the main issue could be discussed without any fear---.

As for Iran---it is still under many a sanctions---and the way it is acting----there might be problems.

Iran is a PARIAH nation---its proxy war in palestine has destroyed that nation. Pakistan cannot trust and must not trust Iran at any cost---.

What it can do is----neuter the anti shia element in pakistan----just take them out without saying much.

We need to display good military diplomacy and engagement with Arabs keeping our cooperation and assistance limited to training and planning domain of the conflict. We are fighting our war without Arab troops in our war zones and we are not training our youngsters to get them killed for them. We can't sell them to Arabs because its not our war.
Well people can argue that they will support our economy but I doubt our economy is already corrupted. 80 % wealth with elite class and transferred to foreign accounts through money laundering.

Back
Top Bottom