What's new

Saudi Arabia expresses interest in JF-17 co-production with Pakistan.

Well, in case of F-15 it already had massive air-intakes so didn't matter what engine you swapped in.

But for F-16, they needed to modify the inlet to cope with more/less airflow.

I think in case of JF-17 the primary choice of engine is RD-93 and in future Chinese WS13. If the WS13 is exact copy of RD-93, then no redesigning of the inlet would be needed.

There are enough differences between RD-33 (parent of RD-93) and WS-13 in by-pass ratio & weight that one can not say that WS-13 is exact copy of RD-93. One hopes that inlet re-design would not be necessary and that such would have been taken into account during design cycle.

Not gonna happen. These are just false rumors and i cannot believe a bunch of fan boys and so called "experts" are excited over this false news.

The Saudis never bought Al-Khalids, so forget about even selling them JF-17's no matter how lucrative the offer on our part.

Maybe the Saudi's funded the A Khalid improvements... And maybe they will fund our Block2 improvements that China is not willing to do or not able to do (foreign components). I think I am very close to the reality,

Maybe the Saudi's funded the A Khalid improvements... And maybe they will fund our Block2 improvements that China is not willing to do or not able to do (foreign components). I think I am very close to the reality,
Don't thin so, Suadi ultimate target is nuclear delivery vehicle. JF17 is capable of nuclear delivery. They been trying best to get nuclear technology through US. But been refused, the last country they can look upon is Pakistan, who capable of giving total nuclear umbrella. They are look toward Iran as nuclear threat, may be its Iran or somewhere else....
They don t need tanks, because doesn't play a key role in any type of desert conflict. Plus they have better options, speically from Turks.
Now Suadi talk business, free launch (oil) days are gone.

Sir don't you think that you're being too optimistic ???

Don't thin so, Suadi ultimate target is nuclear delivery vehicle. JF17 is capable of nuclear delivery. They been trying best to get nuclear technology through US. But been refused, the last country they can look upon is Pakistan, who capable of giving total nuclear umbrella. They are look toward Iran as nuclear threat, may be its Iran or somewhere else....
They don t need tanks, because doesn't play a key role in any type of desert conflict. Plus they have better options, speically from Turks.
Now Suadi talk business, free launch (oil) days are gone.

We have a few thousands km direct border with India. The Saudi's are not far away from Iran either. Why getting a light fighterjet if they have plenty of other options...

Sir don't you think that you're being too optimistic ???

We get often free oil... How many get that? You know... Deferred payments.

Back
Top Bottom