What's new

Saudi Arabia expresses interest in JF-17 co-production with Pakistan.

We have a few thousands km direct border with India. The Saudi's are not far away from Iran either. Why getting a light fighterjet if they have plenty of other options...

We get often free oil... How many get that? You know... Deferred payments.
They have ambition to be nuclear power, because Suadi govt percieve Iran as nuclear power. They are looking toward Pakistan for arial detterence, just in case. JF17 is the only " open source " option they have. Otherwise all their high teach planes are nuke naked.

JF-17 is built around a pretty big engine. Diameter 39 inches, compared to only 35 inches for F404 / F414. F414 can generate 22,000 lb of thrust. With suitable tweaks, JF-17 engine should be able to generate at least 24,000 lb of thrust. Now if Saudi can fund that. :p:

JF-17 Thunder, Saudi Arabian National Guard Air Force (SANGAF)

yy46.jpg

e9mh.jpg

pixm.jpg

l6gu.jpg

@Yzd Khalifa @al-Hasani @Irfan Baloch @Armstrong @Aeronaut @Dazzler

Looks quite smart now.. doesnt it.​

They have ambition to be nuclear power, because Suadi govt percieve Iran as nuclear power. They are looking toward Pakistan for arial detterence, just in case. JF17 is the only " open source " option they have. Otherwise all their high teach planes are nuke naked.

Please explain 'Nuke Naked'. Thanks.

I have a question to the esteemed Pakistani members here.

What is the chance of Pakistan sharing nuclear technology with KSA? Not necessarily for the sake of building an atomic bomb but more in terms of nuclear energy etc. If I am not wrong then there is some short of cooperation on that field, just as KSA has cooperated or cooperates with other countries that use nuclear technology.

@Oscar

They look impressive. Would be a real boost for both countries. I hope that it will result in an actual cooperation and not just words. Looks like it at least which is great.

@Oscar

Pure awesomeness.

I have a question to the esteemed Pakistani members here.

What is the chance of Pakistan sharing nuclear technology with KSA? Not necessarily for the sake of building an atomic bomb but more in terms of nuclear energy etc. If I am not wrong then there is some short of cooperation on that field, just as KSA has cooperated or cooperates with other countries that use nuclear technology.

@Oscar

They look impressive. Would be a real boost for both countries. I hope that it will result in an actual cooperation and not just words. Looks like it at least which is great.

They're already here, willing to work with us with both countries' civil nuclear program. And based on the Intl. laws, it is perfectly legitimate.

@Oscar

Pure awesomeness.

They're already here, willing to work with us with both countries' civil nuclear program. And based on the Intl. laws, it is perfectly legitimate.

Yes, I am aware of that I just want to know if anyone knows how far that cooperation has come and what lies ahead on that front.:coffee:

Don't thin so, Suadi ultimate target is nuclear delivery vehicle. JF17 is capable of nuclear delivery. They been trying best to get nuclear technology through US. But been refused, the last country they can look upon is Pakistan, who capable of giving total nuclear umbrella. They are look toward Iran as nuclear threat, may be its Iran or somewhere else....
They don t need tanks, because doesn't play a key role in any type of desert conflict. Plus they have better options, speically from Turks.
Now Suadi talk business, free launch (oil) days are gone.

Sign -_-

Pakistan has never received free oil in the first place. Please try to compose yourself to produce a mature, reasonable argument.

Also, If there is going to be a development or an upgrade in the defense sectors of KSA, they should look for what suits them the best, not what can an A or a B country offers.

Please explain 'Nuke Naked'. Thanks.
Means can t carry any type of nuke.

Sign -_-

Pakistan has never received free oil in the first place. Please try to compose yourself to produce a mature, reasonable argument.

Also, If there is going to be a development or an upgrade in the defense sectors of KSA, they should look for what suits them the best, not what can an A or a B country offers.
Its not bad, Suadi young generation is different from older one. They talk business and its good, they should be more patriot to their country, rather making rich Pakistani beggar politicians...

Means can t carry any type of nuke.

Its not bad, Suadi young generation is different from older one. They talk business and its good, they should be more patriot to their country, rather making rich Pakistani beggar politicians...

What does this generation have to do with the commitments to both countries .-. ...

@HAIDER

Which rich beggar politicians? Those two words are opposites.

Why are you against this project?

Back
Top Bottom