What's new

Saudi Arabia expresses interest in JF-17 co-production with Pakistan.

x854838_62509666.jpg.pagespeed.ic.7zaI5vY0RU.jpg

I have not read through all of the posts. Is the idea that the JF-17 will replace the F-5 in RSAF service?

• To build a hi-lo mix.
  • To create a workhorse in order to save flight hours on front line F-15's.
  • To create domestic aviation industry
  • To have a jet which allows them to test, plug and integrate, Saudi made systems and weapons in the future.

Whatever makes you sleep soundly at night sonny boy!! And I do not rant or rave or rumble or wrangle with folks! Like I said again for you ....... do wake me up with the Saudi Dudes A.C.T.U.A.L.L.Y do something! Until then sniff sniff sniff!!!!

Stop acting hard, negotiations are underway.

@Yzd Khalifa i just heard engine change is desired by KSA.

Ksa is having a bad day with America now a days. Pakistan should try to get some orders as soon as possible. We don't know when we will get this chance again.

Well if this deal go ahead then Saudi would get a cute sibling for their Typhoon and F-15 fighter . But if they retain the RD=93 engine then they have to maintain three different type of engine from USA Russia and Europe .

They don't have to buy Russian Engine if they choose not to. This is beautify of open architecture.. do whatever you want, improve all you like.

JF-17 thunder is indeed a good fighter jet and it,s cost effectiveness combined with multi role fighting capabilities are attracting other countries.

This is huge.. once JF-17 receives the needful financial backing.. there is nothing that would stop its growth. I am wondering who else in the gulf would be aligning with Saudi Arabia and how long the list of potential buyers would get. The sale of JF-17 doesn't have financial dimensions but more of strategic.

Last edited:
They don't have to buy Russian Engine if they choose not to. This is beautify of open architecture.. do whatever you want, improve all you like.

Try to fit a 1000 CC engine into 500 CC bike!! It won't fit.
For that to accomplish you need lot of time, money and structural changes.

This is purely misconception that you can fit any engine to any fighter or can upgrade it with other engines available in open market.

Please understand that the aircraft is designed around a particular engine, like
1. Rafale around M-88 series whose dimension are similar to GE-404, that is why during development phase when M-88 was not ready they used GE-404.
2. JF-17 around WS-13 which is similar to RD-93.
3. Tejas around Kaveri, which is similar to GE-404.

Note: I said similar, it means comparable weight, dimensions, thrust and various other important attachments.

If you want to upgrade the engine in any fighter then you have basically 2 options:
1. Easy way: Ask the original manufacturer of the engine( engine which is currently fitted) to improve the engine in terms of thrust or whatever parameters you want, so as not to change the overall shape, size and attachments. Still you will need years for testing and some modifications, mind it those modifications are small but not easy.
2. Hard way: Change the engine available from open source. Go for many complex and time consuming structural modifications including various other auxiliary units. This will take more than 4-5 years and also much more expensive.

Last edited:
Ksa is having a bad day with America now a days. Pakistan should try to get some orders as soon as possible. We don't know when we will get this chance again.
US friendship is full of sanctions if you do not fulfill US demands they sanctions all those things which you need most. And almost every thing of KSA's deference equipment is US or European if any thing goes wrong with US they will certainly face sanctions from US and Friends of US.

Apaches are for their Army read carefully I am talking about SANG not Saudi Army

NG will not look upto Russians for their inventory especially in loitering crafts. Do you know the geopolitics?Jo aya zehan main ol diya.

Back
Top Bottom