What's new

Saudi Arabia expresses interest in JF-17 co-production with Pakistan.

Leave them alone. We and many other countries have been doing such business with Pakistan for centuries.
http://www.boeing.com/assets/pdf/aboutus/international/docs/backgrounders/chinabackgrounder.pdf

Take the tainted bias off your eyes.. and you will realize that there is a lot more to Chinese manufacturing that your ingrained bias.

Back in the 20s and 30s.. the term japani maal existed to refer to the poor goods imported from then Japan. today is a very different story.

Awesomesauce! Geo is a trust-worthy source.
@Yoksa

have your frustration and fantasy prade in Indian forum, spare this one.

ISLAMABAD: Saudi Arabia is interested in purchasing the JF-17 Thunder fighters that was jointly produced by Pakistan and China, a report published in a US-based online newspaper said.

The report said that the Saudi Defense Ministry and Royal Saudi Air Force are reviewing the JF-17 program and considering becoming a partner in it.

It said that Pakistan had offered the JF-17 fighter to Saudi Arabia with technology transfer and co-production. The offer apparently occurred when Saudi Deputy Defense Minister Prince Salman Bin Sultan visited Pakistan last week.

Saudi Arabia may purchase JF-17 Thunder fighters from Pakistan

Leave them alone. We and many other countries have been doing such business with Pakistan for centuries.

Geo is often trust worthy but sometimes not. it sometimes over exaggerate the things... but there is smoke and something is really cooking for sure..!! :)

The F5s are being used for training, we sold some to Brazil. And yes, I guess that's true, the JF-17s will become a great replacement for the F5s.

Would you kindly refrain from using maybe-or-maybe-not approach? We should look forward for having a constructive discussion and all.

Whatever is not constructive about what I have said? Is there any signed MOU that confirms Saudi's will buy JF-17? Has any Saudi official given any statements that they are 'eying to buy' the JF-17? What exactly is there on ground other then regular lull-Bashir rumors? With my level of experience in this field sonny boy, I can smell Bool Sheet from 10 miles away and this so called 'eying' is stinking sky high!! Do wake me up when JF-17 Contract or MOU is actually signed!! Until then, chill and don't let this upset you too much

Brace yourself, Pakistan did not exist before 1947 comments are coming:D

Brace yourself, Pakistan did not exist before 1947 comments are coming:D

I'm guessing that I'm right to say that it was a mere analogy right?

Whatever is not constructive about what I have said? Is there any signed MOU that confirms Saudi's will buy JF-17? Has any Saudi official given any statements that they are 'eying to buy' the JF-17? What exactly is there on ground other then regular lull-Bashir rumors? With my level of experience in this field sonny boy, I can smell Bool Sheet from 10 miles away and this so called 'eying' is stinking sky high!! Do wake me up when JF-17 Contract or MOU is actually signed!! Until then, chill and don't let this upset you too much

Wow! Hold your breath young man :)

Nothing of upset came so far. What I'm struggling to make some of you understand is why do you keep saying " No deal is come to this or that " while the original notion of this debate should be constructive such as this:

A- To what role is the RSAF or the SANG perhaps is going to use the JF-17?

B- Will the JF-17 be a perfect replacement for the F-5s and the Eagles?

C- Will the JF-17 enhance KSA self-defensive capabilities?

D- Will there be a Saudi-only variant of the JF-17?

Thanks for ranting at me BTW.

Last edited:
@Yzd Khalifa, i know what you meant when you were talking about the general area and its people that constitute Pakistan today but try explaining that to people from a certain country to our east. They get their undies twisted every time someone says such a thing...

Last edited:
I'm guessing that I'm right to say that it was a mere analogy right?

Wow! Hold your breath young man :)

Nothing of upset came so far. What I'm struggling to make some of you understand is why do you keep saying " No deal is come to this or that " while the original notion of this debate should be constructive such as this:

A- To what role is the RSAF or the SANG perhaps is going to use the JF-17?

B- Will the JF-17 be a perfect replacement for the F-5s and the Eagles?

C- Will the JF-17 enhance KSA self-defensive capabilities?

D- Will there be a Saudi-only variant of the JF-17?

Thanks for ranting at me BTW.

Whatever makes you sleep soundly at night sonny boy!! And I do not rant or rave or rumble or wrangle with folks! Like I said again for you ....... do wake me up with the Saudi Dudes A.C.T.U.A.L.L.Y do something! Until then sniff sniff sniff!!!!

Whatever makes you sleep soundly at night sonny boy!! And I do not rant or rave or rumble or wrangle with folks! Like I said again for you ....... do wake me up with the Saudi Dudes A.C.T.U.A.L.L.Y do something! Until then sniff sniff sniff!!!!

We are grateful to have you here sir.

Keep in touch, okay?

Next ...

@XYON

You have made your point. The purpose of the forum is to assess latest developments, that is what we are doing.

We hope, that this will go through.

Sir, I don't see why I have to eat my own words. My points are still valid. The spin a PAF Air Cdre may put on things doesn't really change anything.

it's just like when the IAF brass tries to claim the LCA is a fully Indian bird- of course this is a little different as most of the R&D and all of the funding was done in-country- but conveniently overlook many of the key systems are foreign.

You'd agree, at the very least then, that without China there would be no JF-17?

That is not my intention at all. This was just one of my points.
lol, everything id born out of every other thing, there would be no J series without migs, heck there would be no planes without the wright brothers, thats like saying that all the planes belong to the wright brothers, and no one used his own knowledge, now Pakistan will evolve the Jf Thunder, eventually adding things of its own interest, and making it its own.

dont sell the Jf thunder please :(

واشنگٹن: سعودی عرب نے پاکستان سے جدید ترین لڑاکا طیارے جے ایف 17 تھنڈر طیاروں کی خریداری میں دلچسپی کا اظہار کیا ہے جبکہ پاکستان نے سعودی عرب کو طیارے کی ٹیکنالوجی منتقل کرنے کی بھی پیشکش کردی ہے۔

امریکی اخبار ورلڈ ٹربیون میں شائع ہونے والی ایک رپورٹ کے مطابق سعودی عرب نے پاکستان اور چین کے تعاون سے تیار کئے جانے والے جدید ترین جے ایف 17 تھنڈر لڑاکا طیارے خریدنے میں دلچسپی ظاہر کی ہے، گزشتہ دنوں پاکستان کے دورے پر آئے سعودی نائب وزیر دفاع شہزادہ سلمان بن سلطان نے جے ایف 17 تھنڈر طیاروں کی تیاری کی جگہ کا دورہ کیا تھا جس میں انہیں طیارے کی خصوصیات پر تفصیلی بریفنگ دی گئی تھی، اس دوران پاکستان نے سعودی عرب کو ٹیکنالوجی منتقلی اور مقامی سطح پر تیار کئے گئے الخالد ٹینک اور آبدوز فروخت کرنے کی بھی پیش کش کی۔ جس کے بعد سعودی وزارت دفاع اور سعودی فضائیہ جے ایف 17 تھنڈر پروگرام کا تفصیلی جائزہ لے رہے ہیں۔

واضح رہے کہ چین کے تعاون سے تیار کردہ جے ایف 17 تھنڈر طیارے امریکی فوج میں استعمال ہونے والے لڑاجکا طیارے ایف 16 کی طرز پر بنائے گئے ہیں اور طیارے میں موجود کئی خصوصیات کی وجہ سے یہ لڑاکا طیا روں میں ممتاز حیثیت رکھتا ہے۔

'
The report claimed that Pakistan has offered Saudi Arabia for joint manufacturing of JF-17 Thunder aircraft along with technology transfer. This offer was made to the Saudi Arabia Deputy Defence Minister Salman bin Sultan during his visit to Pakistan last week.

This would represent a potential significant strategic shift from Saudi Arabia, which has traditionally relied on US and Western defence technology for its military needs.
'

Pakistan Times

@JUBA @Yzd Khalifa @Arabian Legend @Arabian Knight and others.

I have not read through all of the posts. Is the idea that the JF-17 will replace the F-5 in RSAF service?

Back
Top Bottom