What's new

Saras: How much indigenous is it???

You want Spoon feeding???

Just to recap, these are the parts imported. Am not sure anything is left of the plane to be added to make it "indigenous";

• * Design
  • * Egines
  • * Propellers
  • * Digital avionics system components,
  • * Fuel system components,
  • * Electrical power generation components,
  • * Hydraulic system components,
  • * Emergency system components
  • * Raw material and standard parts.
  • * Data and voice recorder

Ok man . I will accept you but give me a source or run away

Ok man . I will accept you but give me a source or run away

Your tone aside, am all for understanding.

This little thread is not about condemning India's effort, but understanding the Indigenous content. Which unfortunately is nothing, nada, zilch.

I hope you have read the complete thread, where I mentioned sources. If you need specific, as always welcome:cheers:

I don't want this to be your word against mine....

So could you be little specific when NAL joined hands with MDB:azn:

The year was 1991 donno which month or the star sign anyways isn't the year more than enough? :what:

* * Design
* * Egines
* * Propellers
* * Digital avionics system components,
* * Fuel system components,
* * Electrical power generation components,
* * Hydraulic system components,
* * Emergency system components
* * Raw material and standard parts.
* * Data and voice recorder

The Design and development of this Air Craft is entirely "Indian"...because the Russian partner pulled out due to financial problems..

Digital Avionics will be manufactured by SAMTEL India.

The Engine is foreign no denying..

Raw Material and standard parts are manufactured in India..HAL is a production partner and has manufactured Air Frames for a number of air crafts.

Not much info is available on the Data and voice recorder and other small sub systems and components to suggest that they are not indigenous.

The year was 1991 donno which month or the star sign anyways isn't the year more than enough? :what:

I think you are pulling one from thin air.:what:

If there was agreement in 1991, as you say, there should have been reports about the day and month of the year the agreement was reached.

Hope am resonable here..

I think you are pulling one from thin air.:what:

If there was agreement in 1991, as you say, there should have been reports about the day and month of the year the agreement was reached.

Hope am resonable here..

The project began in 1991 as a collaboration with Russia (Myasishchev had a similar project called the Duet), but financial trouble led the Russians to drop out early in the project. The project almost came to a halt when it was hit by US-imposed sanctions in 1998, after India's nuclear tests in Pokhran.
SARAS

Another Myasischev-designed aircraft is a M-102 Duet-Saras 14-seat regional turboprop powered by TVD-20M or Pratt&Whitney PT6A. It was developed jointly with the Indian National Aeronautic laboratory for use in mountainous regions with hot climate. So far only one mockup version was produced at Smolensk Aviation plant.

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/russia/industry/smaz.htm
OK?

The imposing Myasishchev M-102 Duet was presented only in the form of a full-sized mockup. This joint Russian- Indian (National Aeronautical Laboratory) has been slowed by an absence of funding on the part of the Russians, but the builder predicted a first flight in 1996. The mass of production paperwork is ready, and fabrication of the prototype is scheduled to start within a matter of weeks. The M-102 is being offered in an executive and passenger transport version for 9 to 14 persons. It is designed to fly under extreme conditions; that is, very hot weather, and from airports situated at high altitudes. The two turboprops will be OMSK 20M's or Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-65P's. The geometric configuration of the M-102, which closely resembles that of the Embraer/FMA CBA-123, provides substantial comfort at the level of the cabin. With a few modifications, the M-102 can be used to transport freight, to patrol, for medical emergency evacuation, or other special missions.

Some more

:tup:

Your tone aside, am all for understanding.

This little thread is not about condemning India's effort, but understanding the Indigenous content. Which unfortunately is nothing, nada, zilch.

I hope you have read the complete thread, where I mentioned sources. If you need specific, as always welcome:cheers:

No please check. You did't give sources for all the point you mention.

Nope,

Am giving you another chance.

Now, At least come-up with month, the supposed joint venture was agreed.

Don't blow this up, via wiki sources:lol:

Lol I didn't just give wiki sources I gave other neutral sources as well...and I am sure no matter what all source I give you won't accept it cause you are just plain jealous and don't know what you are saying yourself.

No please check. You did't give sources for all the point you mention.

I thought going through the thread will inform you that

engine is not GTRE as someone claimed but ...PT6A-67A from canada

propeller from Germany, I had given the link

Design from MDB russia. etc etc.....

Ya i went through full thread, but where is source that design is russian. Expect that pictures. Then you gave source for engine and prop that we already say. Voice recorder:hitwall:

Where the hell you provided source for avionics etc.

Am asking you again about GTRE developing turboprop engine.... or retract your BS.

I hope you don't to be known as one spreading lies and propaganda, with no basis whatsoever.....

I have been telling you that GTRE is partnering with HAL in building one.... Now If u consider it as BS,its up to u to stamp on it, or throw it away:lol: and India has been building engines for HS 748 for ages...:wave: ..... But again is ur country developing or sleeping???

Last edited:

Brother the Design was a joint venture by MDB and NAL later on MDB withdrew due to some financial problems while NAL went on with the project...We cannot design the entire thing out from scratch when we are building something for the first time we ask for inputs for experienced players in the field but that doesn't mean that the SARAS is not Indian...if MBD didn't withdraw from the project then we could have called it a joint venture without a doubt but that is not the case.

I have been telling you that GTRE is partnering with HAL in building one.... Now If u consider it as BS,its up to u to stamp on it, or throw it away:lol: and India has been building engines for HS 748 for ages...:wave: ..... But again is ur country developing or sleeping???

Again you are spewing BS, I call your bluff.

Show me where it is mentioned that GTRE is developing engine for Saras.

Fantasy don't count as source:lol:

Back
Top Bottom