What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

SECOND AND THE MOST IMPORTANT: China, Russia, US, the UK or ANYONE else on the planet doesn't, can't and won't match the US technology for at least the next one or two decades. It sounds arrogant but its a reality check. J-20, PakFa, FgFa, Rafale or anything...doesn't match the F-22 or the F-35.

Reality check

f-35.jpg

I have told people here that Im not comparing industries, Im comparing the level of technology put on the
global buyer market by chinese j-10, and it compares against the US F-35 at the international front. This
was In reply to a bangla member who said china fears tech leaks and thats why doesn't want to sell planes.

Comparing plane's debut flights is not enough either, what about engines? radars? sensor-fusion, etc.

My point was that at the international market, Chinese J-10 is ~40 yrs behind the level of tech offered by
the F-35, which is considered as the benchmark of "today" at the global market.

At the overall industrial development, you are right China is around 20 yrs behind US only.

I was saying, you are right, J-10, when it first rolled out of the assembly line in 1998 is 40 years tech as of Today. (It was about 26 years behind the US at that point in 1998).

The problem is, they have been upgrade and upgrade the J-10's technology when they have the technology and ntheir industry to support it, the J-10 fresh rolled out of the assembly line now is NOT the same J-10 rolled out of assembly line 20 odd years ago. That's what organzaib and the other trying to tell you about. So a J-10 Now is about 26 years behind any new tech coming out of a US Assembly line. Even a F-16 rolled out of assembly line now is not the same F-16 they were in 1976. YOu would expect changes in J-10 over the period of 14 years. And the changes is gonna be huge

The frame itself maybe the same, but the content is different now. It would be stupid for the Chinese to keep installing old hardware and software when they can install new stuff for almost the same price.

My point was that at the international market, Chinese J-10 is ~40 yrs behind the level of tech offered by the F-35, which is considered as the benchmark of "today" at the global market

Ok, so if I understand it right, you just want people to agree with you, whether or not your post makes ANY sense. So if I was to refine your statement....then what I will say is, the following jets represent the different in the US's provided 'current' standards vs. the older platforms that US was working on like 40 years ago. The list includes:

1) J-10 (older design with newer avionics, sensor fusion, EW-EM-ELINT)
2) Rafale, EFT (older design with newer avionics, sensor fusion, EW-EM-ELINT)
3) Mirage 2000-5, N, Mig 29-SM series (older design with newer avionics, sensor fusion, EW-EM-ELINT)
3) SU-27, Su-30, J11, J-16 (older design with newer avionics, sensor fusion, EW-EM-ELINT)

So in theories....all these came out as designs from 90's. So what you are saying is, the rest of the world is BEHIND the current standards compared to the US? EXACTLY my point from my post. THANK YOU. Let's stop playing junior high school. You can still tell on me to your dad and to the teacher. That's perfectly ok. I am used to being the bad boy!

Id be more happy if you (or any other members) can provide me the info about what systems
in the J-10 have changed thus far?

I agree J-10 of 1998 is not as the same as that of today, but still back in 1970s US flew F-16s
with their own engines and own design studies. The WS-10 is still not ready to power the production
variant single engine J-10 for active combat duties.

AVIC disclosed that J31 has combat Radius of 1250KM without carrying tankers, which is better than F35.

Anyone think 5 gen fighters is simply copied and pasted stuff, then he is a flat out fool. Hack into Pentegon system is not that easy described in American movie. This world is insane!!@Don't live in self-delusion anymore!

Yes J-10 was offered in a competitve bidding v/s MiG-29 to Myanmar Air Force. Which chose the MiG.

Moot point? Alright so why exactly does china need to fear technology leaks when US F-35 which is many
years ahead of J-10 is already there at the global market? Answer that question instead of ranting.

You are contradicting yourself. You claimed that China dont offer J-10 based on fears of tech leaks. then you claimed that China offered J-10 to Myanmar.

Please make up your mind first.

Id be more happy if you (or any other members) can provide me the info about what systems
in the J-10 have changed thus far?

I agree J-10 of 1998 is not as the same as that of today, but still back in 1970s US flew F-16s
with their own engines and own design studies. The WS-10 is still not ready to power the production
variant single engine J-10 for active combat duties.

You are being way too simplistic.

The WS-10A generates around 30,000lbs of thrust.

When the F-16 came out in the 1970s it had only around 24,000lbs of thrust.

The WS-10A that was put into producion J-11Bs in 2010 has a much higher T/W ratio than the F-16 engine in the 1970s.

The F-16 only got a comparable engine to the Ws-10A around 1990.

That is a differnce of around 20 years.

The only reason that WS-10As are not powering J-10s in mass is that the Chinese are using their around 100 produced WS-10As a year to power J-11s/J-15s and J-16s. As production is limited you simply have to make a choice. It may take another year or two before China can produce this engine in the hundreds to satisfy it's demand.

If the option to purchase AL-31s was not available to China then all J-10s after around 2010 would be using WS-10A.

The US in the mid-1970s had not choice but to use their own engines to power their own fighters as there was no alternative supplier country available.

You are contradicting yourself. You claimed that China dont offer J-10 based on fears of tech leaks. then you claimed that China offered J-10 to Myanmar.

Please make up your mind first.

:rofl: You got what in your mind bro?

I said china fears tech leaks ?? I was asking why china needs to fear tech leaks when
much superior tech is being offered by US on the global market?

You are being way too simplistic.

The WS-10A generates around 30,000lbs of thrust.

When the F-16 came out in the 1970s it had only around 24,000lbs of thrust.

The WS-10A that was put into producion J-11Bs in 2010 has a much higher T/W ratio than the F-16 engine in the 1970s.

The F-16 only got a comparable engine to the Ws-10A around 1990.

That is a differnce of around 20 years.

The only reason that WS-10As are not powering J-10s in mass is that the Chinese are using their around 100 produced WS-10As a year to power J-11s/J-15s and J-16s. As production is limited you simply have to make a choice. It may take another year or two before China can produce this engine in the hundreds to satisfy it's demand.

If the option to purchase AL-31s was not available to China then all J-10s after around 2010 would be using WS-10A.

The US in the mid-1970s had not choice but to use their own engines to power their own fighters as there was no alternative supplier country available.

Regardless of the thrust generation, the US engine was competitive and provided good self-suficiency for the LWF programem.

Production-rate is never a problem in china, the J-10B does not make any combat maneuvers, neither is it meant to engage in combat, its a testbed aircraft where tech originally meant for J-20 was tried out. For such a low-danger use, maybe WS-10A may have been suficient.

But China still continues to place massive orders (in 100s) for Russian AL-31FN engines for J-10A inspite of having this "indigenous" engine at hand. J-11B, J-15 are twin-engined aircraft, where even a crappy engine like RD-93 can become a hero.

How many J-11Bs have been built? How many are inducted with WS-10A and how many are currently deployed? How many years away from operationalisation is the J-15?

---

It doesn't make any sense either for China to buy 100s of Russian engines off-the-sheld (yes,Russia denied to give ToT or even set up an MRO facility for AL-31FN in china) while they claim indigenous WS-10A is so capable. The AL-31s were ordered in batches, if WS-10A was as reliable as you make it out to be, china could have stopped the AL31 purchase after the 1st batch was over at least. But no, purchases continue.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom