What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

cant wait to see the pakistani flag on one of these :D
p.s. the talks have probably been already going on for a while i bet :china: :pakistan:

shenyang_j_31__gyrfalcon_by_bagera3005-d5nozff.png

Myanmar to buy 20 MiG-29 fighters for $570 mln - paper | Business | RIA Novosti
Russian bid to supply MiG-29 Fulcrum-D carrier-based fighter jets beat China's offer to sell its latest J-10 and FC-1 fighters.

More MiG-29s for Myanmar

Myanmar to buy 20 MiG-29 from Russia

Carrier-based? What is that supposed to mean? Or is it whatever Google spits out? :lol:

Although, Myanmar is a candidate customer for the FC-1.

Fulcrum D is the MiG-29K. Does Myanmar operate aircraft carriers?

As I said, don't come up with bullshit sources or whatever Google spits out.

Carrier-based? What is that supposed to mean? Or is it whatever Google spits out? :lol:

Although, Myanmar is a candidate customer for the FC-1.

As I said, don't come up with BS Russian sources.
Russian sources are bullshit?

Carrier based in the sense, MiG-29M/M2 is based on the MiG-29K.

The MiG-29M/M2 fighters belong to the new unified combat aircraft family designed on the basis of MiG-29K/KUB carrier-based fighters.
- MiG-29M/M2

It is still not clear how many fighters were MiG-29SE or SMT or M or M2 which Myanmar bought.

Russian sources are bullshit?

They usually are when it comes to such news.

Carrier based in the sense, MiG-29M/M2 is based on the MiG-29K.

The MiG-29M/M2 fighters belong to the new unified combat aircraft family designed on the basis of MiG-29K/KUB carrier-based fighters.
- MiG-29M/M2

It is still not clear how many fighters were MiG-29SE or SMT or M or M2 which Myanmar bought.

They lost credibility when it said "carrier-based". The whole thing becomes misleading.

All of the MiGs were bought off-shelf and of SE variants or similar. I doubt if they can afford such a large number of brand new MiGs in latest configs.

And besides, the J-10 is won't be for everyone :no:

They usually are when it comes to such news.

They lost credibility when it said "carrier-based". The whole thing becomes misleading.

All of the MiGs were bought off-shelf and of SE variants or similar. I doubt if they can afford such a large number of brand new MiGs in latest configs.

And besides, the J-10 is won't be for everyone :no:

It is based on carrier based fighters. Reporters are generally dumb when it comes to technical nuances. However defeating chinese crap is not something technical to be gotten wrong.

Russians are the ones who are selling this and you are calling they lost credibility.

Besides, are you telling me re-furbished airframes costs 29 million dollars? MiG-29K costs 32 million dollars. MiG-29M without the carrier based modifications will be less than MiG-29K and will easily fall within the 29 million dollars price range.

It is based on carrier based fighters. Reporters are generally dumb when it comes to technical nuances. However defeating chinese crap is not something technical to be gotten wrong.

Russians are the ones who are selling this and you are calling they lost credibility.

Besides, are you telling me re-furbished airframes costs 29 million dollars? MiG-29K costs 32 million dollars. MiG-29M without the carrier based modifications will be less than MiG-29K and will easily fall within the 29 million dollars price range.

That "Chinese crap" were still very new at the time of the deals. They are not operationally proven as the MiG-29 is.

And yes, they were procured off-shelf, along with spares, infrastructure, ammo, etc:
Myanmar will in March receive the first of 20 RSK MiG-29s ordered under a roughly €400 million ($553 million) deal, with their introduction to more than double the country's MiG-29 fleet.

Ordered in November 2009, the aircraft will be delivered in three configurations, comprising 10 MiG-29B and six MiG-29SE single-seat fighters and four MiG-29UB twin-seat operational trainers.

The acquisition effectively clears the remaining MiG-29B/SE stock at RSK MiG's Lukhovitsy plant, with the airframe parts having been manufactured in the Soviet and Perestroika eras. Myanmar's aircraft will be delivered in an original export configuration, with analogue instruments and Phazotron N-019 radars.

Myanmar previously bought used MiG-29s from Belarus, but approached the type's manufacturer and Russian arms export company Rosoboronexport for help after encountering a high attrition rate. Moscow responded with help on weapons, spare parts and training, including the installation of a simulator at one of its air bases.

Acquiring an additional batch of fighters directly from RSK MiG should radically improve the combat readiness and effectiveness of Myanmar's fleet, sources say. Its air force now has 12 MiG-29s, says Flightglobal's MiliCAS database.

Meanwhile, RSK MiG says a new logistics support system to be established in co-operation with Indian companies will enable it to provide increased customer support for the nation's MiG-29s, plus those flown by the air forces of Malaysia and Myanmar.
Myanmar to receive new batch of MiG-29s from March

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom