What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

That "Chinese crap" were still very new at the time of the deals. They are not operationally proven as the MiG-29 is.

And yes, they were procured off-shelf, along with spares, infrastructure, ammo, etc:

Myanmar to receive new batch of MiG-29s from March
Your link doesn't say anything about weps or ammo being part of the deal. The line which you are highlighting is what Myanmar did PREVIOUSLY. Read it carefully.

And the other thing, Flight global is getting info from whom? The news for my link comes from Rosoborone export.

Your link doesn't say anything about weps or ammo being part of the deal. The line which you are highlighting is what Myanmar did PREVIOUSLY. Read it carefully.

And the other thing, Flight global is getting info from whom? The news for my link comes from Rosoborone export.

The acquisition effectively clears the remaining MiG-29B/SE stock at RSK MiG's Lukhovitsy plant, with the airframe parts having been manufactured in the Soviet and Perestroika eras. Myanmar's aircraft will be delivered in an original export configuration, with analogue instruments and Phazotron N-019 radars.

That is in future tense. Not past tense :lol:

I know that pole-vaulter. That line was for the "previously bought" highlighted line.

For the line which you quoted now, I'm asking who did flight global contact? My link's info's source is Rosoborone export, russia's offical export agency for military hardware.

I know that pole-vaulter. That line was for the "previously bought" highlighted line.

For the line which you quoted now, I'm asking who did flight global contact? My link's info's source is Rosoborone export, russia's offical export agency for military hardware.

"Pole-vaulter"? Nice to see another racist Indian here :lol:

And I have come up with evidence that they are indeed of SE variants or similar. Your original source did not mention the variant.

On subject:

Think of it this way.

Suppose that the J-10 was indeed offered, and given that it was very new at the time, and given that the MiG-29 is older and a much more proven platform, choosing the MiG-29 over the J-10 was a rational decision for the Burmese.

No one would want any issues with a plane that is a very new design. That applies to both the J-10 and FC-1.

And sources such as Flightglobal and Jane's are pretty consistent in what they report. Be it Russian, Chinese or Western.

By the way, has Sri Lanka received the MiGs yet?

All we know is that MiG-29 won the tender. On what basis it won, whether it was technical, or political, or cost or anyother no one knows. Would be good if myanmar released the details of that.

I'd take a rosoborone source which is straight from the horses mouth, over third party "sources" quoted by popular defence magazines.

Srilankans havent received it. No idea if they ever will or they wont.

J-21%2520china_JPEG.jpg

Shenyang J-31.

Why so confirmed ! for J-31 sale to Pakistan... Why ?

The J-31 is probably the only stealth fighter in the world that's available and also affordable to Pakistan. It also suits Pakistan's defensive needs well.

Only China, Russia, US, and EU (collectively) can develop a stealth fighter. The other countries such as Korea, Japan, and India will most likely not finish their projects due to financial and technical constraints. Even if they do finish the projects, the prices are going to be through the roof. EU has already decided on F-35; Russia is doing their PAK FA; the F-22 and F-35 are both out of reach. Since J-20 is probably too expensive, that leaves pretty much J-31 for Pakistan's next upgrade.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom