What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

It's employs two medium-thrust, so WS-10C/15 are completely out of the question.

It's likely WS-13E (twin) now, sometime down the road WS-19 is possible.

Navalized FC-31 is definitely using WS-13E for the available engine slot being around the size of F/A-18C at 57ft in length. Without the sidebay, it probably carries only 4x air to air missiles internally like F-35C (not practical). Wonder if it comes with internal gun or no gun at all?

An overview of the FC-31, J-XY/35 family tree, including the forthcoming expected "land based J-XY/35 variant" but whose lineage we do not fully know if it will be a land variant of J-XY/35, OR a derived variant of FC-31 V2.

1.jpg

Credit https://twitter.com/RickJoe_PLA

Is it so sure? Seing the shape of the 2 vertical fins, it doesn't seem to be tailored for such high speed.
The host in the video says that a friend of his from AVIC told him that the J35's speed is over Mach 2.2, but the external claim is only Mach 1.8.
The host said that the current version of the j35 is capable of Mach 2.2 thanks to aerodynamic improvements and material advances in recent years.
I can't judge the credibility of this information.😅

Also, the size of J-35 is larger than the original J-31, so even WS-19 engines are used, the weight of the plane plus the loads will offset the engine thrust. And heavier landing gears, landing hook and etc for carrier based planes will definitely weight more than just the land based version.

Also, the size of J-35 is larger than the original J-31, so even WS-19 engines are used, the weight of the plane plus the loads will offset the engine thrust. And heavier landing gears, landing hook and etc for carrier based planes will definitely weight more than just the land based version.

Since when is it larger? If you compare the few images available with the FC-31V2 it is more or less the same besides the larger wing and surely different front section. But overall I highly question such reports it might be as large as a Raptor.

Can anyone help to summarise what Chief designer Wang Yongqing noted on the FC-31?

From what I gathered via the SDF, he mentioned something like "one machine with three types/variants"!?

But what are these: naval J-35, land-based variant and export?

1669129515354.png

I am interested in the export variant.:-)
Bangladesh has not received sufficient external threats to use 5th-gen fighters. Worry not, India will not get their 5th-gen fighters anytime soon. Even if they do, they will be deployed near the Chinese or Pakistan borders.

Back
Top Bottom