What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

Estimated cut out.

img20121121200459563.png

There are several reasons that I have seen given for why China still purchase a sizable amount of AL-31f/fn.
1. Trade balance with Russian
2. Limited WS-10A production-rate.
3. Price of AL-31 is quite affordable
4. Too much of a hassle in terms of cost and time to modify old airframe of J-10A and J-11A to fit WS-10A.
There was only one early J-11B prototype that was seen with both AL-31F and WS-10A. After that all J-11B are seen with WS-10A.
WS-10A and AL-31 are completely different engine, the size(diameter) are not the same. Nobody can even confirm that it is possible to change J-10A or J-11A to fit WS-10A. Because to do that, airframe structure need to be changed (possible?), inlet need to be changed, new flight control software need to be re-written, and the whole test process needs to be walked through all over again. By the time the changes that need to be done are completed, most of these airframe would have reach or near their service lifetime.
If the J-10A and J-11A is doing fine, and the price of AL-31 is reasonable, why fix a good thing?
Since all the production J-11B and prototype J-10B, J-15 and J-16 are all seen with WS-10A, one would conclude that China is reserving the limited WS-10A production for new aircraft only.
Whether the number of AL-31 bought reflects on the reliability of WS-10A is debatable. All we know is, J-10B and J-15 prototype is seen with both engines. And all J-11B are seen with WS-10A and their number is reported to be in the hundreds.

There was quite a lot of discussion at the model of a stealth platform at Zhuhai 2012. While Jane's reporter has hinted project 310, the AVIC people have still reported the aircraft to be "under development" and not hinted any relationship to project 310. We have also seen that 310-01 doesn't carry AVIC insignia. Yet, may it be the secondary project rumored to be under development at CAC?
8220037083_32eb824cf0_b.jpg

AVIC is a pathetic liar.

J-10-1269423721_65328.jpg

J-10-1269423429_94991.jpg

J-10-1269422877_96170.jpg

China confirms death of pilot in J-10 crash

Col. Xie Fengliang died in J-10 crash

and here is AVIC trying to save its face -
http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...gPwbmWNnZtysYaLHA&sig2=05GpLUq-dmqPLcy9o4P2Kw

Rest of your post is nonsense.

no sir, you are a pathetic liar, or you are illiterate, maybe both

the claim is that there were several prototype crashes, there was not a single prototype crash, the crash you listed was after j-10 had been active int the PLA for nearly 10 years, name me one military plane numbering in the hundreds and flys regularly that has not had a single crash over a span of nearly 10 years.

and apparently me calling out that the site listed has no sources is full of wrong info is non-sense now? of course anything against your fantasies is non-sense

Wah! We have an Indian members trying to bring down china WS-10A while their Kaveri engine can't even step out of ts test bed yet , then this guy will say becos Indian goes for higher spec of new version of Kaveri engine with 95kn of thrust which is more superior than M88 of France at 74kn. That means what? India which never produced a modern turbofan and will try to debut it first operational turbofan surpassing even the rank of France with its first attempt.

Can you believe this kind of unrealistic and daydream target?

no sir, you are a pathetic liar, or you are illiterate, maybe both

the claim is that there were several prototype crashes, there was not a single prototype crash, the crash you listed was after j-10 had been active int the PLA for nearly 10 years, name me one military plane numbering in the hundreds and flys regularly that has not had a single crash over a span of nearly 10 years.

and apparently me calling out that the site listed has no sources is full of wrong info is non-sense now? of course anything against your fantasies is non-sense

The very first J-10 prototype that flew in 1998 crashed, period. A design flaw in the
FBW system was said to be the fault.

And im not lying about anothing, go ask Xie Fengliang's famiy how he died.

Even if there were 10 crashes or more, it would very difficult to bring them out to public media
because china govt. tries its best to hide them, same was tried out in 2007 and 2010 crashes as
well but the news trickled out, the Colonel's funeral was also exposed.

The very first J-10 prototype that flew in 1998 crashed, period. A design flaw in the
FBW system was said to be the fault.

And im not lying about anothing, go ask Xie Fengliang's famiy how he died.

Even if there were 10 crashes or more, it would very difficult to bring them out to public media
because china govt. tries its best to hide them, same was tried out in 2007 and 2010 crashes as
well but the news trickled out, the Colonel's funeral was also exposed.

Totally false.

The picture you had quoted is a operational one, in 2007 or 2009 if I'm not wrong.

The total crash number of J-10/J-10A/J-10S is 6 out of 248 put into service so far.

During the test flight period no any J-10 had crashed, and for sure not the first prototype.

I strongly advise you not try to prove your trolling theory with wrong figures, it will not help...

:coffee:

Totally false.

The picture you had quoted is a operational one, in 2007 or 2009 if I'm not wrong.

Im not talking about the one in the picture, Im talking in general. There was a J-10 crash in 1998
same year when J-10 first flew. I had a couple of links saved up but unfortunatley all have been
removed and none are working now, otherwise I wouldn't posted them here in my earlier posts.

The total crash number of J-10/J-10A/J-10S is 6 out of 248 put into service so far.

I thought there were only 4 crashes. Would be glad if you can provide me links for the other 2.

The crash rate is not very high but stll look at the other jets in the area - Su-30MKI had 3 crashes (1 pilot
error) among ~200 inducted thus far and has been serving for a little under 11 years in IAF.

Im not talking about the one in the picture, Im talking in general. There was a J-10 crash in 1998
same year when J-10 first flew. I had a couple of links saved up but unfortunatley all have been
removed and none are working now, otherwise I wouldn't posted them here in my earlier posts.

I thought there were only 4 crashes. Would be glad if you can provide me links for the other 2.

The crash rate is not very high but stll look at the other jets in the area - Su-30MKI had 3 crashes (1 pilot
error) among ~200 inducted thus far and has been serving for a little under 11 years in IAF.

You talk who confirm? The sources you post are mostly bogus and write by anti china critics. Same like those who wrote liaoning CV has not arrestor hook when commission and no air wing confirm by Russian sources or what... And great publicised by Indian.

You talk who confirm? The sources you post are mostly bogus and write by anti china critics. Same like those who wrote liaoning CV has not arrestor hook when commission and no air wing confirm by Russian sources or what... And great publicised by Indian.

He had said, the link he saved up(he have prepared something, hehe,) is unavailable, don't know why he did not save some famous website(Can't find the similar news?), but chose some small website, and if you read his comments, most are his thought, but require other offer source, do even that guy can send some source, but many are bogus or unknown, very interesting thing.

Not news itself problem, but the question that what's his attitude to China, I a little miss "timetravel", don't read his very interesting comment about china for a long time, hehe.

The right and common way to assess aircraft reliability in military area is "How many incident (depends on classification) per 10 0000 flight hours".

Simply discuss how many aircrafts have crashed in how many year make absolutly no sense. Imagine you have 10 aircrafts, no one flies during 10 years, your air safety record is 100% but does it make sense?

I don't know the exact figure for escadrons of J-10 from PLAAF and PLAN, but I roughly heard that the key escadrons have more than 250 flight hours per pilot.

And the rumour saying that a J-10 crashed in 1998 was a fake. If I remember well, this rumour said that the prototype 03 crashed because of FBW issue. However, J-10-03 rolled out only in 1999 if not later.

Sometime when you read a news, before stating that it is a truth, try to have your own analysis, it will be better...

:coffee:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom