What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

For low-end aircraft, as what I mentionned in my text, Chengdu seems to be developping a new single seat single engine stealth aircraft.

This is, for me, most compliant to the global need of PLAAF.

Henri K.

For low-end aircraft, as what I mentionned in my text, Chengdu seems to be developping a new single seat single engine stealth aircraft.

This is, for me, most compliant to the global need of PLAAF.

Henri K.

That is surely known, but following the information I have this type is said to be a true light-weight type with only about 10t empty weight.
At least IMO such a type is probably a number too small esp. in mind of range and weapons load ... and I think a JSF-sized type like the FC-31 was exactly what I expected.

Anyway, the PLAAF surely knows better what it needs for its future war fighting.

Deino

That is surely known, but following the information I have this type is said to be a true light-weight type with only about 10t empty weight.
At least IMO such a type is probably a number too small esp. in mind of range and weapons load ... and I think a JSF-sized type like the FC-31 was exactly what I expected.

Anyway, the PLAAF surely knows better what it needs for its future war fighting.

Deino

Empty weight of J-10 is around 8t, that of Rafale around 10t.

Beside the weight, the fact that FC-31 is a twi-engine aircraft causes trouble in my opinion.

Henri K.

I just wrote a few word in my website around FC-31, for those who are interested by the topic :

http://www.eastpendulum.com/la-fin-du-programme-shenyang-fc-31

Henri K.

An excellent writing. I learn a lot, so thank you for sharing the article to us.
Btw, I read your article with the help of Google Translate, so I have some confusion because of the language barrier.

En revanche, au niveau de son autonomie, le FC-31 reste inférieur, voir nettement inférieur.
the G translation is : "However, the level of autonomy, the CF-31 remains below see significantly lower"

What is the meaning of autonomy here? can you explain?

Beside the weight, the fact that FC-31 is a twi-engine aircraft causes trouble in my opinion.

Henri K.

Can you elaborate on this point? Twin-engined aircraft provide a level of redundancy, especially with the new WS-13E.

An excellent writing. I learn a lot, so thank you for sharing the article to us.
Btw, I read your article with the help of Google Translate, so I have some confusion because of the language barrier.

En revanche, au niveau de son autonomie, le FC-31 reste inférieur, voir nettement inférieur.
the G translation is : "However, the level of autonomy, the CF-31 remains below see significantly lower"

What is the meaning of autonomy here? can you explain?

Fair range and combat radius.

This is very old news, you should focus on the FC-31 block 2!

You know, I love this plane. The only mockup I have on the table of my office is the one of FC-31.

In the past I had lot of mockup - A350, A380, A320, A400M...etc, I just free some places and only keep FC-31. ;-)

I will for sure focus on it... as soon as some new events come out.

Can you elaborate on this point? Twin-engined aircraft provide a level of redundancy, especially with the new WS-13E.

IMO, PLAAF at least will continue to prefer composition of Heavy twin-engin jet + Light single-engine jet.

Once again this is my personal view. But I think that FC-31 doesn't choose the right market segment, as what I explained in my text.

Henri K.

Last edited:
It is official: negotiations with overseas customers who have shown keen interests in FC-31 are ongoing

155517mpccnn2601j3gg3o.png

No idea. Hopefully we may learn more during the Zhuhai Airshow starting 1.11.2016.

It might be worth noting that the official in the middle(head of AVIC's International Division) addressed the FC-31 as J-31.

He also stated clearly that the FC-31 was not meant for the Chinese military.

Back
Top Bottom