Russia's Rosatom to bid for Saudi nuclear project

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
09-07-2018 Argaam

88291309-d039-49ee-88c5-04aae6859c8b.jpg

Russian state-owned Rosatom has been shortlisted to bid for Saudi Arabia’s first nuclear project, it said in a statement emailed to Argaam on Monday.

The company will offer its Generation 3+ reactor technology, the VVER-1200, which is equipped with advanced safety systems and complies with the most stringent international safety and security standards.

Currently, Rosatom is working on 35 nuclear power plant projects in 11 countries outside Russia, the statement added.

Last week, a consortium led by state-owned Korea Electric Power Corp said it has been shortlisted to bid for the Kingdom's nuclear project.

Saudi Arabia is considering building 17.6 gigawatts of nuclear capacity by 2032, the equivalent of about 17 reactors.

https://www.argaam.com/en/article/articledetail/id/559033

09-07-2018 Argaam

88291309-d039-49ee-88c5-04aae6859c8b.jpg

Russian state-owned Rosatom has been shortlisted to bid for Saudi Arabia’s first nuclear project, it said in a statement emailed to Argaam on Monday.

The company will offer its Generation 3+ reactor technology, the VVER-1200, which is equipped with advanced safety systems and complies with the most stringent international safety and security standards.

Currently, Rosatom is working on 35 nuclear power plant projects in 11 countries outside Russia, the statement added.

Last week, a consortium led by state-owned Korea Electric Power Corp said it has been shortlisted to bid for the Kingdom's nuclear project.

Saudi Arabia is considering building 17.6 gigawatts of nuclear capacity by 2032, the equivalent of about 17 reactors.

https://www.argaam.com/en/article/articledetail/id/559033

Russia and China should be the preferred choices as argued before.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/saud...reactor-contract-by-end-2018-official.522943/

Thus a much welcome news.

Last edited:
This is just for the two first nuclear reactors.. there were 3 places for bids.. now there is Russia and South Korea.. so there is still one place.. most likely to be taken by the US..(and if not ..then by China or France)

Hopefully China rather than the US! KSA has not agreed to their useless clause yet and I hope this will not happen. The problem with the US is their changing policies. When Democrats reach power again they will most likely cause problems like the useless Obama did. No such problems with China or Russia. Besides I do not like the US role in regards to Qatar.

China should be onboard without a doubt.

Hopefully China rather than the US! KSA has not agreed to their useless clause yet and I hope this will not happen. The problem with the US is their changing policies. When Democrats reach power again they will most likely cause problems like the useless Obama did. No such problems with China or Russia. Besides I do not like the US role in regards to Qatar.

China should be onboard without a doubt.
The US has the best tech for the full nuclear cycle and the good news is:

https://www.axios.com/israel-united...utm_medium=twsocialshare&utm_campaign=organic
https://www.axios.com/israel-united...utm_medium=twsocialshare&utm_campaign=organic
After the first 2.. there are still 14 other Nuclear reactors to go..so China will certainly get its share..

Saudi Arabia is moving smartly when asking the US first.. it is like saying.. I am asking you as the best friend first, so that you can't say that I didn't ask.. and if you do not want to transfer the technology.. I will ask my other friends.. Hence you can not blame me for getting what I need and want to do for the best of my country.. here is a chance to have a word say around the table, otherwise you won't have a say at all..

Russian offer is better becoz it dont have jew stings
Russia along with South Korea are already in this bid..and will certainly be in the coming bids..Now the emphasis is on the US full cycle technologies.. and the Only way the US can get in and win this bid for the two first nuclear reactors is by providing these asked for technologies.. first because the Russian reactors are better and more recent, second because the Nuclear energy sector in the US is not doing well and this deal might revive it ..Then comes the SK reactors who too rely on some US components..
The Usraelis were opposing US-Saudi major deals since the 50s through the 60s, 70s and 80s till now.. and they have never succeeded in their attempts, so there is no chance for them this time also..

Last edited:
Russia along with South Korea are already in this bid..and will certainly be in the coming bids..Now the emphasis is on the US full cycle technologies.. and the Only way the US can get in and win this bid for the two first nuclear reactors is by providing these asked for technologies.. first because the Russian reactors are better and more recent, second because the Nuclear energy sector in the US is not doing well and this deal might revive it ..Then comes the SK reactors who too rely on some US components..
The Usraelis were opposing US-Saudi major deals since the 50s through the 60s, 70s and 80s till now.. and they have never succeeded in their attempts, so there is no chance for them this time also..
Russia has full nuclear cycle too. And almost half of the world new reactors are built by Russia now.

Russia has full nuclear cycle too. And almost half of the world new reactors are built by Russia now.
China too has the full nuclear cycle tech.. KSA has asked the US first to thwart any meddling in its future nuclear Plants deals..and Usraeli pressure.. If the US do not accept the ToT.. Russia or China will.. but it is doubtful that the US refuses..

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom