What's new

Why does Saudi Arabia need nuclear power?

@xenon54

And when you call people nutjobs, please do so after you're qualified to do so. Hamas has more religious knowledge than 99% of all Muslims in this world and they are closest to the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad(SAW). You have no clue on Islamic laws of war to call people 'nutjobs' or 'terrorists'. In Islam we don't target normal civilians during a war. You still need to understand the 'fikh' for this. It's hundreds of pages of in depth explanations. There's a big difference between civilians and a group of people who conspire against you.

A lot do Jewish people and Rabbi's converted to Islam during our Prophet's(SAW) time. However, there was a group of people know as the Jews of Khaybar, these people conspired against us and almost vanished Islam as we know it had the Prophet(SAW) not had beforehand knowledge that they would conspire against us which would have lead to an ambush against the couple hundred or less I believe Muslims at the time and most likely all would have been killed, including women and children. So when we they got caught red handed, every man there was punished by death. Now, the British and the European Zionist organizations conspired against the Palestinians and against our land. Therefore, we have the right to defend ourselves through any means possible and target those who conspire against us. Those whom you call Israeli civilians conspire against us, they are the occupation. It is not haram to target them especially when your only means are homemade bombs or inaccurate rockets. Now, if we flip the situation around and said well Palestinians conspire against the Jewish state, does that give them the same right? No it doesn't, because they are in the wrong, they came and occupied our lands and we did nothing to deserve it. Even though Israeli scholars do justify it anyways.

You don't have religious knowledge to judge people, you accuse me of judging people, well at least I have a little knowledge. On the other hand you judge Palestinians by calling them 'terrorists' even though you don't have religious knowledge to do so, because some cases are lawful depending on the context. And don't tell me you're only saying Hamas, No, you're against the whole Palestinian people if you're against Hamas. Hamas are made up of Palestinian people, some university students, some who learn sharia, some who, are lawyers during day time, etc...they are the sons of our people, they aren't a random group which came from the moon. Find me one Palestinian who says they are against the military wings in Palestine. They may be against political, but that's natural every where in the world. However, very very few against the military wings.

It's also 'wajib' to do Jihad(Struggle through various means) to defend ones land. This is Islamic, you just don't have the knowledge. People that don't have knowledge shouldn't judge people since they're less qualified. Studying Islam is a difficult task, especially when you're raised in areas where it's not a priority to teach your people Islam. In Gaza we teach the Quran at an early age, then we move on to fikh and Sunnah and sharia and so on...people there are much closer to God than those whom criticize them and are way more qualified to justify actions since they have in depth knowledge.

My point here isn't to tell you you're wrong about your opinion on a particular organization, my point is about your understandings and how you reach them and how we should reach them.

Last edited:
In an interview with NPR last year, author Tom Lippman explained that the rapidly-industrializing Kingdom's rising population is creating an "insatiable demand for energy because most of the water comes from desalination, and the desalination plants are huge consumers of electricity."

Saudi Arabia is the world's largest producer of desalinated water, pumping out more than 3 million cubic meters of potable water each day.

According to a report by MIT Technology Review, the country uses 1.5 million barrels of oil per day on water desalination.

Saudi Arabia should drastically increase the number of desalination plants. Saudis should as fast as possible satisfy their complete water needs only through desalinated water!

Good for Saudi Arabia, develop this nuclear power to benefit the nation and when the MB takes over in the near future we will weaponize it immediately. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You need pressurized heavy water reactor ( Plutonium Route ) or Enrichment technology ( Uranium route ) in order to make Nukes. Light water reactors or European pressurized water reactor cannot be weaponized.

Anyway Islamists have raked up enough Bad Karma that the moment you make any move against any Governments, you would be annihilated. Either Saudi would it themselves and rest of the world would stand aside while or someone else would simply Bomb your cretins to oblivion.

You need pressurized heavy water reactor ( Plutonium Route ) or Enrichment technology ( Uranium route ) in order to make Nukes. Light water reactors or European pressurized water reactor cannot be weaponized.

Anyway Islamists have raked up enough Bad Karma that the moment you make any move against any Governments, you would be annihilated. Either Saudi would it themselves and rest of the world would stand aside while or someone else would simply Bomb your cretins to oblivion.

Okay buddy, whatever you say, it shouldn't concern you anyways. :lol:

We are fine with Saudi having Nuclear Energy.

The Iranis cannot because they lie habitually.

As far as I know Iran has never asked you to authorize whether it could seek a nuclear program or not, basiclly it's not none of your business whatsoever ....
And on lying habitually:

“Late 1991: In congressional reports and CIA assessments, the United States estimates that there is a ‘high degree of certainty that the government of Iran has acquired all or virtually all of the components required for the construction of 2 to 3 nuclear weapons.’ A February 1992 report by the U.S. House of Representatives suggests that these 2 or 3 nuclear weapons will be operational between February and April 1992.”

1992: Israeli member of parliament Binyamin Netanyahu predicts that Iran was “3 to 5 years” from having a nuclear weapon.

1992: Israeli Foreign Minister Shimon Peres predicts an Iranian nuclear warhead by 1999 to French TV.

1995: The New York Times quotes US and Israeli officials saying that Iran would have the bomb by 2000.

1996: Israeli prime minister Shimon Peres says ‘he believes that in four years, they [Iran] may reach nuclear weapons.’”

1998: Donald Rumsfeld tells Congress that Iran could have an intercontinental ballistic missile that could hit the US by 2003.
2014: Iran’s interim deal with the international community only set it back six weeks in terms of the time of would take its nuclear program to assemble a bomb Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said.

Last edited:
raptor22, you are habitual liars and lying is part of your culture/religion.

Intelligence by its nature can be vague. No one is ever going to want to overestimate when your grotesque regime will acquire Nukes. Intelligence tends to give the worst case scenario.

Additionally, your country has used the threat of developing nukes as leverage/blackmail for years. So your regime tells the international community that you will enrich to such and such IF your demands aren't met. This is why your programme has stuttered - well, that and some other accidents :)

Iran with nukes is not an option. So you either halt or die.

It's your decision.

@WebMaster @Oscar @nuclearpak @Jungibaaz @Manticore @Aeronaut

Can you restore order in this thread? Some people do obviously not understand how to stick to the topic.

I am not going to engage in long debates with them in threads that should be on topic.

Saudi Arabia To 'Immediately' Go Nuclear Should Iran Develop Bomb
The Huffington Post UK Paul Vale
First Posted: 10/02/2012 08:57 Updated: 10/02/2012 11:33

Saudi Arabia would immediately push to acquire nuclear weapons should Iran carry out a successfully nuclear test, according to a report in The Times.

Quoting an unnamed Saudi source, the newspapers said that Riyadh would launch a “twin-track nuclear weapons programme” should Tehran finally achieve their long-standing ambition of becoming a nuclear-armed power.

Since the Iranian revolution of 1979, Sunni-dominated Saudi Arabia has suffered an uneasy relationship with their Shia neighbour, with religious, cultural and ideological divisions stretching back centuries.

Should Iran "go nuclear", the move would be seen by Riyadh as too great a threat, triggering an arms race in the Middle East.

Speaking to The Times, a senior Saudi source said: "There is no intention currently to pursue a unilateral military nuclear programme but the dynamics will chance immediately if the Iranians their own nuclear capability. Politically, it would be completely unacceptable to have Iran with a nuclear capability and not the Kingdom. ”

The ‘twin-track’ approach would see the Saudi state purchase warheads straightaway, probably from Pakistan, while beefing up its own production capabilities through uranium enrichment for long-term production.

Iran has been at loggerheads with the West over the regime's determination to develop a nuclear capability, with an International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) report last November stating that the regime had already carried out test “specific to the development of a nuclear device”.

Despite a raft of sanctions imposed by the West – British restrictions on Iranian banks led to the storming of the British Embassy and the expulsion of the British ambassador in November – it is widely believed that Tehran has continued with its development programme.

The situation in the Middle East could deteriorate rapidly should Israel carry out its mooted bombing raid on the Iranian facility suspected of enriching uranium. Earlier this week, the BBC reported that an Israeli attack is likely to come before the US Elections, thus guaranteeing American support from both the incumbent and the Republican candidate, wary of ostracising the powerful Jewish lobby before the November poll.

This is not the first time the Saudis have raised the spectre of a nuclear arms race in the Middle East.

In June last year, former Saudi intelligence chief and ambassador to Washington Prince Turki al-Faisal warned senior Nato military officials that an Iranian nuclear device "would compel Saudi Arabia... to pursue policies which could lead to untold and possibly dramatic consequences".

Saudi Arabia To 'Immediately' Go Nuclear Should Iran Develop Bomb

Hasani.

Nuclear energy has its major problems. The most obvious is safety and the clean-up of radioactive waste material.

We saw what happened in Japan.

Now Saudi has a lot of land. A lot of spare open desert. Saudi gets a lot of sun.

How about huge solar fields? like acres of them at a time. Basically like solar farms.

@Duvdevan

Nuclear power is only part of the solution. Saudi Arabia also plans on building the world's largest solar powered desalination plant in the city of Al-Khafji.

According to Bloomberg, the country's goal is to create a solar industry that will generate a third of nation's electricity by 2032.

And its taking this goal seriously: In 2012 the Kingdom announced that it would invest $100 billion in solar power. According toOilPrice, the country was producing only 3 megawatts of solar power at the time. The plan would add 41,000 megawatts within two decades.

“We are not only looking for building solar plants. We want to run a sustainable solar energy sector that will become a driver for the domestic energy for years to come,” Maher al-Odan, a consultant at the King Abdullah City for Atomic and Renewable Energy said, as reported by OilPrice.

Check this article out as well:

KSA launches world’s largest solar plant | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

Indeed there are risks involved but I think that it is inevitable that most developed and well-to-do states will move more towards nuclear energy. It's one of the cheapest and most reliant forms of energy and it goes well in line with a knowledge based society which KSA is moving towards.

Lastly I do simply not think that KSA will sit idly by should the pariah state across the Gulf develop the bomb.

Lastly I do simply not think that KSA will sit idly by should the pariah state across the Gulf develop the bomb.

We're not after the bomb. Nuclear bomb has no value. What are you going to do with a nuke?
All intelligence agencies (even US intelligence) says that there is no evidence of Iran having a nuclear weapons program.
Why are you so easily buying into this narrative?

As I have said before, Iran proposed in a diplomatic effort, that Iran and all Arab states should work much more together and cooperate in nuclear field.
But I guess eternal hate and paranoia comes more natural. lol

We're not after the bomb. Nuclear bomb has no value. What are you going to do with a nuke?
All intelligence agencies (even US intelligence) says that there is no evidence of Iran having a nuclear weapons program.
Why are you so easily buying into this narrative?

As I have said before, Iran proposed in a diplomatic effort, that Iran and all Arab states should work much more together and cooperate in nuclear field.
But I guess eternal hate and paranoia comes more natural. lol

Nobody believes that. An nuclear bomb is the best deterrence you can have. Just look at North Korea. Who in the world is going to risk attacking that largely insignificant country now that they are armed with nuclear bombs? You tell me.

Because Iran has shown time and time again, especially the so-called Islamic Republic, that it cannot be trusted as an reliable neighbor and partner in the ME. You may say the same about KSA but this then just shows the mutual mistrust. KSA has their own reasons and you have your own reasons.

When was that and how is that even realistic? It's the ME for God's sake.

Anyway Iran can get the bomb for me. Just as long as KSA gets one too to balance the field. This way all 3 regional powers will be equal on that front and maybe this will create stability in some odd way.

Regional power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@Duvdevan

Check this article out as well:

KSA launches world’s largest solar plant | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

Indeed there are risks involved but I think that it is inevitable that most developed and well-to-do states will move more towards nuclear energy. It's one of the cheapest and most reliant forms of energy and it goes well in line with a knowledge based society which KSA is moving towards.

Nuclear has always scared me.

How common is it to have solar panels on the rooftops of residential building in Saudi? if it's not common, then KSA should fund this scheme to make each home run off solar.

I know what you mean about the mad Mullahs, but I thought you had an agreement with Pakistan in regards to a nuclear umbrella.

So are you in favour of developing a nuclear weapon?

raptor22, you are habitual liars and lying is part of your culture/religion.

Intelligence by its nature can be vague. No one is ever going to want to overestimate when your grotesque regime will acquire Nukes. Intelligence tends to give the worst case scenario.

Additionally, your country has used the threat of developing nukes as leverage/blackmail for years. So your regime tells the international community that you will enrich to such and such IF your demands aren't met. This is why your programme has stuttered - well, that and some other accidents :)

Iran with nukes is not an option. So you either halt or die.

It's your decision.

What you're saying as to my culture and religion indicates your sheer lack of common decency and your ignorant regarding the matter, my suggestion is get some fresh air read some books to expand your knowledge about the other cultures. :)
On worst case scenario, huffing and puffing for more than 20 years and setting timelines for Iran's bomb There are only 2 possible explanations the first one is they're lying and the second one is they're not able to have a true analysis of Iran nuclear program due to lack of skills. As we witnessed in Iraq's case they are good damn liars.

We have never threaten anyone by nuclear weapons or by using it, it's western nuclear armed powers which are fabricating lies on this issue .... they should have thought more carefully when they refused to complete Bushehr nuclear power plant which was paid, when they excluded Iran from using its share and right to buy 10% of the Eurodif consortium's production, when we asked them to sell us 20% uranium to be used in Tehran research reactor to produce isotopes for treating Iranian patient.
The point is unlike you we are signatory of NPT which gives us the authority to enrich uranium in any level for peaceful purposes and we do it under the control of international community.

And on last part, don't make me laugh ... to do that you need balls, do you have?

Nuclear has always scared me.

How common is it to have solar panels on the rooftops of residential building in Saudi? if it's not common, then KSA should fund this scheme to make each home run off solar.

I know what you mean about the mad Mullahs, but I thought you had an agreement with Pakistan in regards to a nuclear umbrella.

So are you in favour of developing a nuclear weapon?

Yes, they are no laughing matter but it seems that Israel is doing perfectly fine and that there have been no incidents that we know about.

Not common. People are in general very wasteful when it comes to water consumption, food etc. Solar cells are not common and as of now the technologies available on this field are too costly if implemented on a wider scale. But it is a question of time before it will become that. Hence KSA's long-run push for solar energy as one of the renewable energy sources.

A tradition of using renewable energies must be implemented in all of the ME. I think that Israel is leading on this field.
I don't believe that Pakistan link. Well, it depends on my mood. :rofl:

But by virtue of the instability of the ME I would have preferred a nuclear free ME.

Last edited:
Yeah we have some pretty cool solar gear. Panels that track the sun rather than static ones. Each home should have this.

Also in the UK it's starting to become popular even though they only have about 20 days of sun a year :lol:

I think the water shortage issue is over in Israel. Desalination, recycling waste water and new water technologies have pretty much solved the problem - although who knows what would happen if we had a few years in a row with little rain.

These are the kind of projects we could work on when we finally solve regional disputes.

A nuclear free world would be great, but once the genie is out of the bottle - it's impossible to put back in. There will always be one unstable country out there that wants nukes - and that's why others will keep theirs. Imagine being held hostage by a sole nuclear weapon country like North Korea or Iran.

Back
Top Bottom