What's new

Revival of ancestral links between Iranians and Kurds and Parsis picking up pace around the world

It was just an example. I'm not a Pakistani so I'm just repeating what I've learned here.

Lower middle class to poor, peripheralized, subjugated, scared (you see it in their faces and eyes and how they talk to you the first time they come over). Their clothes.

Even our poor rural Parsis of Navsari and small villages in Gujarat are not like them.

Plus they are boisterous,happy, free, proud, and not fearful.

Thank you India. Jai Hind!

Cheers, Doc

@T|/|T

A simple Google experiment.

I typed "Iran Zoroastrian" in an image search and this is the first result I got ...

images

I then typed out "India Parsi" in image search, and this is the first result I got ...

images

I then typed out "Pakistan Parsi"and got this ...

images

I then typed out "USA Parsi" and this is what I got ...

images

Not very scientific yeah ... but it is what it is.

Cheers, Doc

Good to see Pakistan result. Iran though is a different story. Its under mullah regime and cant expect much from them.

Zoroastrian Return to Roots (ZoroRoots).

2 weeks each year, Zoroastrians from around the world tour Zoroastrian heritage sites in India and learn about their culture and history.

images

KAI_6698.jpg

KAI_7490.jpg

images

DSC_5718.jpg

KAI_7474.jpg

KAI_6892.jpg

DSC_58631.jpg

KAI_62731.jpg

@LittleFish this is the Pak Iranshah. The original flame. The oldest living continuous fire on earth.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
LOL he kept the fire burning during the journey to Hindustan. Just like the Olympic torch.
They traveled till they reach India and accepted mutual suicide by accepting Hindu terms....Now there numbers are reducing...Girls have no choice of marrying...some marrying to their own uncles rest marrying Muslims and Hindus....They are doomed...

@padamchen cheers...

Last edited by a moderator:
Which Kurds?

At topic:

Of course, this is utter nonsense. In Kurdish and Turkish, 'Zerdüşt' is a derogatory term that is used to insult the other person. But you don't get this in your brain.

The likelihood of Kurds embracing your weird belief system is zero.
What are you talking about man? Kurds even claim Zoroastrianism is a Kurdish religion that Persians stole from them. And I have never heard Zerdüşt being used as an insult ever before. Is it a thing among your circle maybe?

By the way, u guys should be careful with all those girls roaming around in india.

What are you talking about man? Kurds even claim Zoroastrianism is a Kurdish religion that Persians stole from them. And I have never heard Zerdüşt being used as an insult ever before. Is it a thing among your circle maybe?

Don't mind them. As I told @Cthulhu a year or two ago, they are Zoroastrian people. And they are fighters.

We need both. They need us. How does it matter if they say Zarathustra was a Kurd?

Zarathustra was the first Prophet of the oldest faith on earth. Of the people who got God's message first.

Because they were the chosen ones.

And they were ready for it.

Cheers, Doc

I'm just pointing out that they do embrace Zoroastrianism.

Please explain.

All the ones I've met (thousands over the past 5 years) are staunch Zoroastrians.

To the extent that they are a lot more religious than the average Parsi or Iroon.

Many actually pray the traditional 5 times a day at the Geh changes too.

In sheer numbers, they already number close to 5 million.

But their priests are all Parsi trained.

And their fire temples and panthaks are all under Udvada and our Vada Dastoor.

It's coming along nicely. We would like to have a population of at least 15-20 million before we start our work in Iran proper.

Cheers, Doc

@mangekyo sorry misread your post as they do NOT embrace Zoroastrianism. My mistake.

My fault. I wasn't very precise. Sunni Kurds use this term as an insult. You not believing me doesn't change the fact that no Kurd in Turkey gives a s*it about Zerdüştlük.

My fault. I wasn't very precise. Sunni Kurds use this term as an insult. You not believing me doesn't change the fact that no Kurd in Turkey gives a s*it about Zerdüştlük.
You said its an insult in Kurdish and Turkish, It's not an insult used by Turks. Maybe in places like Konya were the population is highly influenced by Kurds. I know Kurds in Turkey does not generally care about Zoroastrianism, but it is popular among Kurds in Iran and Iraq.

You said its an insult in Kurdish and Turkish, It's not an insult used by Turks. Maybe in places like Konya were the population is highly influenced by Kurds. I know Kurds in Turkey does not generally care about Zoroastrianism, but it is popular among Kurds in Iran and Iraq.

Kurds in Turkey are the backbone of every Islamic movement in our society be it radical or just plain old traditional Islam. The Kurds in Konya are particularly conservative and pro-AKP and almost completely assimilated due to the fact that they live in a region where the majority is Turkish.

I'm from Eastern Anatolia and I heard it many times, Zerdüşt is used as an insult; someone who doesn't care about the religion or has a belief system that is considered weird. Some Sunni Kurds call Alevi Kurds as Zerdüşt, too, meaning that they're accusing them of ridda.

Kurds in Turkey are the backbone of every Islamic movement in our society be it radical or just plain old traditional Islam. The Kurds in Konya are particularly conservative and pro-AKP and almost completely assimilated due to the fact that they live in a region where the majority is Turkish.

I'm from Eastern Anatolia and I heard it many times, Zerdüşt is used as an insult; someone who doesn't care about the religion or has a belief system that is considered weird. Some Sunni Kurds call Alevi Kurds as Zerdüşt, too, meaning that they're accusing them of ridda.

I heard one Kurdish friend of mine from Turkey say, that they are the original ancestors of the lands and Turks invades and occupied the current land of Turkey. I didn't know that. I thought Turks moved from West to East.

I heard one Kurdish friend of mine from Turkey say, that they are the original ancestors of the lands and Turks invades and occupied the current land of Turkey. I didn't know that. I thought Turks moved from West to East.

Why do you think the Turks love the Chinese so much?

Cheers, Doc

Back
Top Bottom