What's new

Question: Pashtuns in Pak Army

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparklingCrescent

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
After hearing from several of my own daily life friends and several members on this forum that there are about 40% to 45% of Pashtun in Pakistan army, it quite shocked me :smitten: (In a good way). Please members take your time with my questions. I am a patriotic Pakistani Pashtun and love Pakistan's history and do encourage those smart Pakistanis to please share there thoughts and answers with me. The past 2 questions I asked nobody answered anything.

I do believe my friends and the members on here that have told me that roughly about 40% of Pak Army is Pashtun. But I would appreciate if there was a link supporting the estimate please.

The FC, which is mostly dominated by Pashtuns, is it considered being part of the Army?

I know a couple of famous Pashtuns in Pak army which a respected member on here listed for me a while ago in my other questioning thread. Do we have any in Air Force or Navy?

Tell me anything miscellaneous and fun facts about Pashtuns in Pakistan Military. Ive only been learning about Pakistan's Military for 5 months now, so please tell me about them. Thanks.

NOTE: Would appreciate it if you linked the info you share with me.

:pakistan:

Regards:

^

Pakistan Army

cheers mate, i'll try to find more articles if i can..generally in army, ethnicity is a non-issue so there arent any exact figures but according to the best estimate pashtuns make up 35-40 % of pak army, and the number of other ethnicities is growing and has been growing since the 1990s

40% is an improbably high figure, considering that PA sourced (around 2007) 54% of its strength from Punjab and 9% from Gilgit-Baltistan. However, Pukhtuns are the second largest group represented in PA.

The FC isn't PA, its pramilitary. Paramilitaries usually recruit from where they is deployed, especially around the western border, due to long-standing agreements with various tribes IMK. So yes, the majority of the FC is from the said ethnic group.

and what about sindhis, dont they make good soldiers?? the second largest ethnic group of pakistan is sindhi so why not them??

its not for trolling so please if you wanna answer plz be gentle.

and what about sindhis, dont they make good soldiers?? the second largest ethnic group of pakistan is sindhi so why not them??

I think you misunderstood. No this question is not for trolling. Its a serious question. :what:

ITS PAKISTAN ARMY, WHO IS HOW MANY PERCENT DOES'NT MATTER, I HAVE COMPLETE FAITH IN PAK ARMY AS A SINDHI.

THERE R BAD APPLES EVERY WHERE, SO ARMY IS NOT EXCEPTION.

LONG LIVE PAKISTAN, LONG LIVE PAK ARMY :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Alright. The purpose of this thread was to get my questions answered, but if you feel like I'm trolling then just say it and I will get it banned by mod.

40% is an improbably high figure, considering that PA sourced (around 2007) 54% of its strength from Punjab and 9% from Gilgit-Baltistan. However, Pukhtuns are the second largest group represented in PA.

The FC isn't PA, its pramilitary. Paramilitaries usually recruit from where they is deployed, especially around the western border, due to long-standing agreements with various tribes IMK. So yes, the majority of the FC is from the said ethnic group.

I 100% agree to the figures provided by BelligerentPacifist, these figures are quoted in wikipedia also, pushtoons/pathans are soldiers by birth, its in there genome i.e bravity, loyalty to the cause, determination and passion to sacrifice their lives for what they think is right or true path. another reason for them being a part of the army is due to lesser opportunities to earn by other means e.g agriculture etc. business and trade also requires finances which pushtoons don't have as much as people from other ethnicities, an ordinary pushtoon is by nature a very simple and honest human being thats why some elements are using them for their evil intentions and trying to exploit them e.g TTP funded and controlled by external elements.

Sindhis don't leave their villages. they want to live their life in one place. Pashtuns will go any where for work even thousand mile away in Karachi or Dubai.

Brother I disagree! when we talk about Pathans and Pujabis, they have a history of about 300 years of present military structure I have come across number of people, commanding units of their grandfathers (who served as Commanding Officers) and you can further go back and find their earlier generations who may have served as ranks during British era. As far as Sindhis are concerned, there is increase in intake of rural Sindhis for last 20/ 25 years and now they are well settled.You can compare their performance with any one now. :pakistan::pakistan:

Sindhis don't leave their villages. they want to live their life in one place. Pashtuns will go any where for work even thousand mile away in Karachi or Dubai.

Probably Pathans and Potoharies don't have much options to do while staying in their own areas other then joining great profession of defending motherland or to go abroad / within country of earning living.:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom