What's new

Prime Minister Imran Khan invites PM Modi for a debate to resolve the differencs between two countries.

I am not going to reply to any of the other points, not because I have run out of space to talk from, and I am sure you will have an answer to everything to counter my argument.

The difference is in how we see things, u have urs I have mine. I was being critical, and I am sure you missed the point because I was being sarcastic while doing that.

I am not going to deny that, but life to me is too short to make a face pipe in hand, and just be serious all the time.

I will however reply to the quoted part and the only reason I did mention the PTI supporter part was to your comment of me being critical of ik only because I might be doing it due to political rivalry.

I will take your leave now.

Thank you for your time again.

You being part of a reply for criticism was not mentioned in my earlier post. There was a conjecture as to what being intended but failed by posters and they are differently saying so the same thing. Mock IK and forgets that what PM said.

I'm not kidding, but I think a decent individual who shares my views wouldn't take more than two to three years to squelch the crap that is going on,

Starting with unilateral measures, like visas for all kids below 21, for all visitors who need medical treatment, for all with relatives in the country; then allow all South Asians to try for the IIT in the UAE, against a protected quota apart from the Emiratis; promote joint ventures, institution to institution, between our leading institutions and yours (I have LUMS squarely in my sights! I'm IIMC myself, and I'd like to see how they stack up); encourage working with ISRO, our gold standard in institutional excellence; sign pacts that get our soldiers out of harm's way, without compromising security; offer unilateral access for trade, whether or not we get reciprocal rights...the list goes on and on.

Be warned, Nepal and Bangladesh would get in the queue, covering my first two Indian languages.

If I presented my full plan, @jamahir would travel the 1,000 kms between us to strangle me with his bare hands. Sadly, I cannot agree that Communism is a solution; the Naxals would remain under pressure, but not shooting pressure, developmental pressure.

I've never been treated any way but very nicely by every guy from that side, in spite of their being mainly Punjoos, alien to my gentle, soft-spoken, very cultured Bong self. If you will stop the hysterical laughter at the back, I'd like to continue!

This is all Pakistan-specific.

Actually, travel - if necessary, unilaterally relaxed for you to come over - would be the greatest emollient. That way, I could get my friends over and drag them kicking and screaming to see the bits of my country that are so extraordinary. And take pictures of their faces when they experience the diversity of an Indian city - it can't be described, it has to be experienced. Where do I even start?
As you know I have been to India and loved it. That was 26 years ago and people were sensible then. None of this crap that's happening now.
There are good people everywhere and you find what you seek

It is, it is. Come over and see for yourself.

Imagine a situation where a single indian guy from UP has to deal with 900+ Pakistanis everyday. I asked him once, why did you opt for this, and he said shaaab g phelay hum nay socha k khatranak ho skta hy, phir hum nay socha k koi bat nai, izzat gate k bahir rakh diay aur a gay andar. No incident of misbehaving or any complaints except every now and then when he prepares the tea we do mention obviously in a mischievious tone "Fantashtic honi chaiay nai tou paisa nai milay ga".

@Joe Shearer why don't you impersonate Modi and beat the crap out of Imran in the debate. I am sure you will find one of the millions of Modi masks handy, and you only need to let the Tagore beard flow 🤣

Would be sent to jail for fake news. Read again. FAKE NEWS

Meanwhile check this:

25 arrests in Delhi over posters criticising Modi’s vaccine policy​

17 Arrested Over Posters Against PM Modi In Delhi: Sources​

Chennai Man Who Makes Videos 'Critical' of Modi Arrested by UP Police for 'Creating Panic'​

Manipur Journalist Jailed For A Year, Called Chief Minister PM's "Puppet"​

Indian police arrest students for defaming Narendra Modi​

India’s government under Prime Minister Narendra Modi has jailed thousands of people through a statute that critics say is aimed at silencing dissent

Odisha: Man arrested for posting hate messages against PM Modi and UP CM Yogi on social media​

In India, a climate activist’s arrest shows shrinking space for dissent​

5 Years After FB Post on Modi, UP Man Arrested And Charged With Sedition

@Raj-Hindustani Aur doon ya itna kafi hai????

Excellent post.

I have been in Mumbai airport, if that counts.
Beautiful building. Had some food in one of the resturants and it was was awfully salty. The chef probably had a bad day at work.
That's not good to hear. I hope you complained.
The problem for India is that youre a polulous nation. Even if 10% were idiots, it still is whopping 150 million. Which is openly visible for everyone on the internet.
<sigh!>

Even 1%......
Other than that i dont ilke the way you are strangeling Kashmir. No nation should be excused for ongoing brutal occupation. Especially when its breaks with treaties and UN resolutions.
Frankly, on my personal discussion group, that is more than a decade old, I have both KMs and KPs and one of the seniormost civil servants in the hierarchy, and we have had earlier discussions on this.

The amount of clumsiness that has gone into the affairs of Kashmir is unbelievable. If you were listening in, and heard the horror stories, including from the civil servant, you would have to ask yourself if there was a mysterious cabal devoted to driving a stake through the hearts of Kashmiris.

I do not know what to say.

My emotional response is that left to manage it on my own, with liberty to take assistance where I wanted, it would be less than a decade to turn the situation around. My rational response is that too many people have irons in that fire.
Do i think India is all bad? Of course not. But its heading a direction thats destructive for the subcontinent.

@Joe Shearer why don't you impersonate Modi and beat the crap out of Imran in the debate. I am sure you will find one of the millions of Modi masks handy, and you only need to let the Tagore beard flow 🤣
The thought is repulsive. I would rather imitate - Oh, hell, I don't know. If it helps, my partner in debating of seven years, through school, college and post-grad., and I debated (for a brief period of two or three years) Shashi Baba and his far more intelligent and superior colleague, Ramu Damodaran. Sadly, he was quite consistent in beating us; the women all voted en bloc for him, brainless clown that he was.

As for the Tagore beard, I wear a block beard.

Last, but not least, how would I do the vacant, bovine gaze? I'd get caught for an impostor in seconds.

As you know I have been to India and loved it. That was 26 years ago and people were sensible then. None of this crap that's happening now.
Oh, we're still around. Only these ugly thoughts and words have become common place. I'm on the verge of being thrown out of my building WhatsApp group because I objected to their dragging in Sanghi politics at every opportunity.

<sigh>

I hope jbgt90 is right, and there is change coming. Rapidly.

Last edited:
Imagine a situation where a single indian guy from UP has to deal with 900+ Pakistanis everyday. I asked him once, why did you opt for this, and he said shaaab g phelay hum nay socha k khatranak ho skta hy, phir hum nay socha k koi bat nai, izzat gate k bahir rakh diay aur a gay andar. No incident of misbehaving or any complaints except every now and then when he prepares the tea we do mention obviously in a mischievious tone "Fantashtic honi chaiay nai tou paisa nai milay ga".
It happened to me.

I swear it.

I was posted to Ludhiana, to sort out a very badly mismanaged operation, when I had just put in a year's service out of management school. It was a terrifying thought; imagine dealing with those hulking, big Punjabis!

So after a month or two, I drew aside one of my three permanent staff (the other forty were contractors) and asked him anxiously if all was well. What did the staff think about the way I was doing my job.

He grinned and said, we thought you were a dangerous Naxal (this was 76) and would come in and kill anyone who talked out of turn! It's so nice to be able to go home safe at night!!

It happened in Kuwait some 30 years later. We had delayed a project by one solid year (budgeted time was three months). My first visit was to meet the manager who had commissioned it, a totally British gentleman born in Sialkot, and to beg him for a last chance. I was given ninety days, delivered in seventy +, and from that day (the whole shop was Pakistani, and very hostile originally), the team there was eating out of our hands.

India is a hell for Muslims. Don't even bother to visit if you are a Muslim.

@jamahir @xeuss

Laaton k bhoot baaton se nahin maantay.

The thought is repulsive. I would rather imitate - Oh, hell, I don't know. If it helps, my partner in debating of seven years, through school, college and post-grad., and I debated (for a brief period of two or three years) Shashi Baba and his far more intelligent and superior colleague, Ramu Damodaran. Sadly, he was quite consistent in beating us; the women all voted en bloc for him, brainless clown that he was.

As for the Tagore beard, I wear a block beard.

Last, but not least, how would I do the vacant, bovine gaze? I'd get caught for an impostor in seconds.

Shashi baba = Shashi Tharoor?

Being rather touchy about my own beard, I wouldn't advise anyone to alter their style just for a debate. This is a deal breaker then.

What bovine gaze. We are talking about cowboys, not cows.

modi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom