What's new

Price hike: Metro bus fares to be doubled

As a rough estimate, Rs 40 per ticket, 80 seats per bus, 40 buses, 8 trips a day per bus, running 365 days per year:

40 x 80 x 40 x 8 x 365 = 373,760,000 rupees revenue per year or 31,146,666 per month.

If the running cost is 25 crores per month, there is a big problem.

And since it is economically unviable... the cost will continue to be hiked up as things progress.

As a rough estimate, Rs 40 per ticket, 80 seats per bus, 40 buses, 8 trips a day per bus, running 365 days per year:

40 x 80 x 40 x 8 x 365 = 373,760,000 rupees revenue per year or 31,146,666 per month.

If the running cost is 25 crores per month, there is a big problem.

i can see a lot of assumptions here ...how can you be so sure of the fact that every time each bus will begin its route it will be occupied to its fullest no of seats?

a rickshaw is a rickshaw not a bus, a bus fare is always cheaper

40 PKR is equvalent to 20 INR which is the amount charged when you board a bus in Delhi (for over 10 KMs journey). So I think the price is fair. What do most Pakistanis expect here, Free Travel? If you use a service then its only natural to pay a fair price for it.

it still wont cover the running cost... 25 crore per month... how exactly to be covered ?

No Not Exactly .

The Running Costs of Metro per Month is around & Rs.70million (7Crore) , and the income generated from it is around 45million(4.5Crore) , The difference of Rs.25Milliom (2.5 crore) is covered by Punjab Govt via Subsidies ,

Hate PMLN all you want, but dont Lie , otherwise there wont be any difference left between you and them(PMLN Supporters) ,

everyone is after metro bus system,...........atleast shahbaz shareef has done something ...though not even near to what was required of him but even some thing meager still atleast he has done a fraction ....tell me what PPP has done in all those years apart from corruption and filling swiss accounts?

they are the one who have worsen the energy crisis, they are one responsible for highest devaluation of rupee, , they are the one who have highest amount of corruption in their reign ;highest since 1947, they are the one who have done just the bad things in all those years .....so why cant we criticize them on true grounds rather than fcuking up with metro?

there are lot more things to worry about than metro ............ poors have alternatives for metro but they dont have alternative for food, shelter, electricity and other basic needs

No Not Exactly .

The Running Costs of Metro per Month is around & Rs.70million (7Crore) , and the income generated from it is around 45million(4.5Crore) , The difference of Rs.25Milliom (2.5 crore) is covered by Punjab Govt via Subsidies ,

Hate PMLN all you want, but dont Lie , otherwise there wont be any difference left between you and them(PMLN Supporters) ,

I heard its 25 crore. and I dont lie. maybe I am mistaken. and you are right with the figure. kindly quote the source.

I heard its 25 crore. and I dont lie. maybe I am mistaken. and you are right with the figure. kindly quote the source.

Well that is why you should confirm any news before you present it as a fact , otherwise it can backfire . People talk many thing , but you should not believe every thing you hear .

We Need to make a difference , if we want to Change Pakistan , it is us who needs to be Changed First .

And my sources are my own , I am unable to quote them .. .Sorry.

But you are free to Disagree with me , and if you do a little digging i am sure you will reach these figures yourself .

:)

Hoar chupo. Pakistani awam ko bi jab tak chitar na wajein tab tak wah wah kartey rahein gay.

Its a fair price and people who are saying its a bus not a rickshaw should find a AC rickshaw if such a thing exists and then compare cost . We have AC buses by DTC ( delhi transport corporation) and they are awesome . I prefer them over anything except metros .

not surprised.... this was bound to happen as the cost of just running and maintaining the metro bus cannot be covered by just rupees 20.... the price will be hiked even higher however rather then doing this they should have different fares per stop...

this is crazy so much for changing the life of a average lahori.
i know some people dont make more 400 rupees a day how are people like that supposed afford 40 for one way ticket.

i dont know wt the porb is, specially when most of u are not even in Pakistan.
40 RS fare is no big deal as most of the passangers would still gladly pay it as they all wont to travel in a respectful and decent manner.
just look at the private transport, they treat people like animal and charge more than the above per stop and on top of that the condition of the private trnasport is not even fit for animal.

Honeymoon period is over for public...or project struggling to make profit? :omghaha:

40 PKR for 29 KM.... and people are crying over this..? This is too less. Should be atleast 75 PKR.

Back
Top Bottom