What's new

Price hike: Metro bus fares to be doubled

purely an economic decision. nothing wrong with it in my view. infact i was concerned earlier as i couldnt figure out how does the govt intend to keep this project sustainable.

As a rough estimate, Rs 40 per ticket, 80 seats per bus, 40 buses, 8 trips a day per bus, running 365 days per year:

40 x 80 x 40 x 8 x 365 = 373,760,000 rupees revenue per year or 31,146,666 per month.

If the running cost is 25 crores per month, there is a big problem.

And since it is economically unviable... the cost will continue to be hiked up as things progress.

i can see a lot of assumptions here ...how can you be so sure of the fact that every time each bus will begin its route it will be occupied to its fullest no of seats?

My estimate was only rough, just to get an idea of the numbers involved, as pointed out below:

No Not Exactly .

The Running Costs of Metro per Month is around & Rs.70million (7Crore) , and the income generated from it is around 45million(4.5Crore) , The difference of Rs.25Milliom (2.5 crore) is covered by Punjab Govt via Subsidies ,

Hate PMLN all you want, but dont Lie , otherwise there wont be any difference left between you and them(PMLN Supporters) ,

purely an economic decision. nothing wrong with it in my view. infact i was concerned earlier as i couldnt figure out how does the govt intend to keep this project sustainable.

As I said above:

There are only two ways of covering the cost of a public service. Either the public pays the full cost, or the government subsidizes it to make it affordable. Either way, somebody has to pay to keep the service running. MetroBus will be no different.

Somebody has to pay for the service, or it will shut down after dragging on for a while.

Corrupt & expensive project by the patwari brothers & now this is going to be the source of income not Pakistan but for themselves & their patwari family only!

@mods

close this thread !

No change in bus fare | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

LAHORE, March 26: A spokesman for the Punjab Metro Bus Authority has said there is no plan to increase the bus fare.

In a statement on Tuesday, the spokesman said no change was being made in the flat fare of Rs20.—Staff Reporter

Last edited by a moderator:
@mods

close this thread !

No change in bus fare | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

LAHORE, March 26: A spokesman for the Punjab Metro Bus Authority has said there is no plan to increase the bus fare.

In a statement on Tuesday, the spokesman said no change was being made in the flat fare of Rs20.—Staff Reporter

A lower fare only means a higher government subsidy. Somebody has to pick up the tab for running the service.

Last edited by a moderator:
The over pass will make great cricket playing fields for Kids, but beware any 6 over the "overpass" will be automatic out

Back
Top Bottom