What's new

Metro bus in Rawalpindi soon: CM punjab

Agreed. Though GOVT will have to make sure they are safe from MOBS. Back in 2000 varan was very good until this van mafia MOBS burnt them down. They are low level thugs and believe me they will try to hit back on metro :mad: This route is just too much profitable and they won't like to walkaway from it.
Varan buses was good start, but low level buses, under the dictatorship ,daughter of general, monopoly and only aim of profit, project was failed very badly ....... While I can see good future of Metro buses ...... Totally different , No match of varan

Last edited:
Indeed but transportation is the need of the hour. Actually it will help education indirectly where a lot of students will be able to reach for their institutions in time. Believe me the transporters here are more like a mafia! Anything from hike in gas price to attempts of ensuring a reasonable fair price can result in a total strike across twin cities.
I understand...currently we have a number of issues to deal with from education to health to economical development to more detailed things such as loadshedding to CNG shortages or price hikes!

1661986_10151886476411301_981171031_n.jpg

These metro bus jokes are nothing but a gimmik. It not enough for such big Pakistani cities. You need metro with trains. In India according to government policy every city with a population of over 2 million has to build a metro with a functional BRTS system before 2020. As many as 30 cities in India have metros under various stages and 10-13 are already under construction. Wake up Pakistanis leaders......

Karan

Let it be. under ground trains cost many orders of magnitude more in foreign currency.

So the concept is good. It is just that pakistani government cannot pay for it

and we the citizens are not willing to work like Chinese (4000 billion foreign exchange in gov coffers), India (300 billion the last time I checked), S korea (500 billions), Turkey (150 billion in hard cash).

So with our $10 billion reserves, a bus based system is the ONLY option at this moment.,

Hope you understand now

Karan

Let it be. under ground trains cost many orders of magnitude more in foreign currency.

So the concept is good. It is just that pakistani government cannot pay for it

and we the citizens are not willing to work like Chinese (4000 billion foreign exchange in gov coffers), India (300 billion the last time I checked), S korea (500 billions), Turkey (150 billion in hard cash).

So with our $10 billion reserves, a bus based system is the ONLY option at this moment.,

Hope you understand now

Foreign reserves have nothing to do with what the Pakistani government can afford to fund within Pakistan. Pakistan's budget doesn't have the funds for such ventures. And Pakistan doesn't have the credit rating or investor sentiment to facilitate foreign investment.

These metro bus jokes are nothing but a gimmik. It not enough for such big Pakistani cities. You need metro with trains. In India according to government policy every city with a population of over 2 million has to build a metro with a functional BRTS system before 2020. As many as 30 cities in India have metros under various stages and 10-13 are already under construction. Wake up Pakistanis leaders......

Invitation of Bids. Read these:

Orange Line Lahore Metro Train (Financing and Construction Tender posted on November 26)

http://www.pma.punjab.gov.pk/sites/pma.punjab.gov.pk/files/DraftRFPOrangeLine_FplusEPC.pdf

Lahore Monorail Project. (Feasibility Tender posted on January 17th)

http://www.pma.punjab.gov.pk/sites/...l_System_Along_Lahore_Canal_Road_17012014.pdf

Last edited:
Foreign reserves have nothing to do with what the Pakistani government can afford to fund within Pakistan. Pakistan's budget doesn't have the funds for such ventures. And Pakistan doesn't have the credit rating or investor sentiment to facilitate foreign investment.

sure. But all the machinery and control systems, busses/ cars are paid with hard cash.

I thought you would know that much.

sure. But all the machinery and control systems, busses/ cars are paid with hard cash.

I thought you would know that much.

Buses are not the expensive part; the road/flyover/etc are far more expensive.

Buses would likely be ~20% of the total cost of the project.

Sounds good though investing in education department would also have been a good idea ...

Yeah but there are no kickback scheme in Education Sector.

In Metro Bus Plan, Sharif Brothers can get kick backs form the Turkish Company they are dealing with.

These Projects are all about " Chai , Pani "

Yeah but there are no kickback scheme in Education Sector.

In Metro Bus Plan, Sharif Brothers can get kick backs form the Turkish Company they are dealing with.

These Projects are all about " Chai , Pani "

How successful was the Lahore metro overall though? Or is it a flop?

Back
Top Bottom