What's new

Pressure China on civil rights: Uighur leader

Kevrai

Reaction score
Country
India

Dan Oakes
March 24, 2011AUSTRALIA and other countries need to press China's leadership more on civil rights for ethnic minorities in the Asian giant, according to exiled Uighur activist Rebiya Kadeer.

Speaking at Federal Parliament yesterday, the grandmother and former political prisoner also claimed that the Chinese government was moving young Uighur women from their homeland in the far west of the country to big cities in the east to change the demographics in the Uighur region.

Ms Kadeer called on the Australian government to be more forceful in pursuing the question of human rights during bilateral meetings with the Chinese government.
Advertisement: Story continues below

Ms Kadeer painted a dark portrait of conditions in the Uighur homeland, which the Chinese government calls the Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region, but the Uighurs call East Turkmenistan.

''An official policy recruits young Uighur women from majority Uighur areas of East Turkmenistan and transfers them to work in factories in urban areas of east China,'' Ms Kadeer said through an interpreter. Already some 400,000 women have been transferred.

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Uighurs take heart from Middle East events

:pop: East Turkistan is a terrorist organization, that is recognized worldwide.
Which country support the terrorist organizations against the Chinese, China will support a terrorist organization against the country.
Which country support the separatism against the Chinese, China will support separatism against the country.

I read a negative story about India yesterday in the wall street journal about how Indian oil companies lose $90 million per month. I didn't rush here to post it because I had better things to do.

Dan Oakes
March 24, 2011AUSTRALIA and other countries need to press China's leadership more on civil rights for ethnic minorities in the Asian giant, according to exiled Uighur activist Rebiya Kadeer.

Speaking at Federal Parliament yesterday, the grandmother and former political prisoner also claimed that the Chinese government was moving young Uighur women from their homeland in the far west of the country to big cities in the east to change the demographics in the Uighur region.

Ms Kadeer called on the Australian government to be more forceful in pursuing the question of human rights during bilateral meetings with the Chinese government.
Advertisement: Story continues below

Ms Kadeer painted a dark portrait of conditions in the Uighur homeland, which the Chinese government calls the Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region, but the Uighurs call East Turkmenistan.

''An official policy recruits young Uighur women from majority Uighur areas of East Turkmenistan and transfers them to work in factories in urban areas of east China,'' Ms Kadeer said through an interpreter. Already some 400,000 women have been transferred.

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Uighurs take heart from Middle East events

Haha, so the biggest evidence she can give for so called civil rights abuses in Xinjiang is Uighur women, like women from rest of inland China, go to coastal cities to find jobs? What the solution did she suggest? Chinese government needs to ban Uighur women from leaving their homes? And turn them into reproducing machines so to keep Xinjiang's demographics?

Haha, so the biggest evidence she can give for so called civil rights abuses in Xinjiang is Uighur women, like women from rest of inland China, go to coastal cities to find jobs? What the solution did she suggest? Chinese government needs to ban Uighur women from leaving their homes? And turn them into reproducing machines so to keep Xinjiang's demographics?

Well duhhhhh.

Thats what a humane country would do.

I read a negative story about India yesterday in the wall street journal about how Indian oil companies lose $90 million per month. I didn't rush here to post it because I had better things to do.

True all the negative India threads are started by Pakistanis and Indians themselves.

Who cares abt rights when ur developing in such a pace and are 2nd biggest economy .

Dumb separatists and ppl supporting them are more dumber

Didn't Rebiya Kadeer gave birth to 11 kids? That female pig got rich because of government support, and was never in touch with the average people. The term "Uyghur leader" makes me laugh. I could refer to myself as "Chinese leader".

Substandard journalism at its best.

Didn't Rebiya Kadeer gave birth to 11 kids? That female pig got rich because of government support, and was never in touch with the average people. The term "Uyghur leader" makes me laugh. I could refer to myself as "Chinese leader".

Substandard journalism at its best.

11 Kids :O

Maybe she should push Chinese government to learn from democratic USA to build reservations for them.

Have you ever heard of “Indian Reservation”? Indian reservation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

President Thomas Jefferson thus wrote:
Indian removal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When they withdraw themselves to the culture of a small piece of land, they will perceive how useless to them are their extensive forests, and will be willing to pare them off from time to time in exchange for necessaries for their farms and families. To promote this disposition to exchange lands, which they have to spare and we want, for necessaries, which we have to spare and they want, we shall push our trading uses, and be glad to see the good and influential individuals among them run in debt, because we observe that when these debts get beyond what the individuals can pay, they become willing to lop them off by a cession of lands. At our trading houses, too, we mean to sell so low as merely to repay us cost and charges, so as neither to lessen or enlarge our capital. This is what private traders cannot do, for they must gain; they will consequently retire from the competition, and we shall thus get clear of this pest without giving offence or umbrage to the Indians. In this way our settlements will gradually circumscribe and approach the Indians, and they will in time either incorporate with us a citizens or the United States, or remove beyond the Mississippi. The former is certainly the termination of their history most happy for themselves; but, in the whole course of this, it is essential to cultivate their love. As to their fear, we presume that our strength and their weakness is now so visible that they must see we have only to shut our hand to crush them, and that all our liberalities to them proceed from motives of pure humanity only. Should any tribe be foolhardy enough to take up the hatchet at any time, the seizing the whole country of that tribe, and driving them across the Mississippi, as the only condition of peace, would be an example to others, and a furtherance of our final consolidation.[1]

That’s democracy and human rights from a beacon country. Enjoy. :tdown:

Off topic question. How do I get a signature to show up, I edited but it's not popping up.

It doesn't seem to pop up in every post, maybe once per page, or maybe there is a delay.

Back
Top Bottom