What's new

OVERSEAS PAKISTANIS, BYPASSING REGISTRATION TO SAVE MONEY

Jokingjustice

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
BYPASSING OVERSEAS PAKISTANIS

Due to too old age incapacitation specially after Covid attack severe aftermaths, today while destroying junk papers record collected as treasure in fifty years over which futile worthless exercise this fool today is ashamed of, stopped at an old clipping. It carries a statement from the then MD Overseas Pakistanis Foundation saying that Pakistanis going abroad on work in order to save money, “with the collusion of Immigration officials” bypass procedures and avoid mandatory registration. He added that in such attempt, they end up paying half of their thus saved money “to the immigration officials”. He does not hesitate as a true bureaucrat in saying that these unregistered deprive themselves from the huge benefits the registration provided them.

2. What are the benefits of registration which according to the MD OPF an unregistered gets himself deprived of?

3. Last year DG CAA admitted that a large number of Overseas Pakistanis are hauled up “aside” at our airports by immigration. Who are those hauled up? Generally illiterate labourers hauled up on the ground that they did not held “at spot” their 10 or 30 year old passport bearing Protector of Emigrants registration stamp. The law requires to keep while traveling only for two years one’s old passport. These hauled ups empty their pockets for fear of missing their flights abroad or connecting flights to up country.

4. From amongst many, I narrate an old story. A young from my Karachi neighbour approached me that at Karachi airport he was hauled up for not showing Protector’s registration stamp, MD OPF refers to. Rs. 200 were taken from him to allow him to catch the flight. Rs. 200, that time, was a big amount. I took up the issue. Immigration as usual refuted the allegation. Then, times were good, there existed some government as well administration. CCTV footage was taken. Finally it transpired that practice was that in order to avoid any scandal or complaint, an off-duty staffer dealt with these hauled ups. Rs. 200 were officially refunded. Thanks there existed some governance, though not good governance.

5. An illiterate Pakistani Muhammad Younis from Azad Kashmir met with an industrial accident in which his fingers and throat came in the running machine. Two fingers were permanently lost and throat was partially slashed. Top level Bahrain government attention saved his life. Instead of bed he had to be put on floor motionless, liquid food was given through pipe. His condition can be measured from one fact that Pakistan Embassy twice visited his hospital bed. Do our Embassies in the world ever visit any Pakistani? Have you ever heard of this? He had to be because local press extensively covered this worksite accident and wrote editorials.

6. Muhammad Younis came Bahrain after paying all Fees like OPF Welfare Fund, Protector of Emigrants Fee and mandatory State Life Emigrants Insurance Policy. He never got any welfare MD OPF talked of including from his own OPF, no help or the protection from the so called Protector and no disability compensation promised on the State Life Insurance policy despite there existed an Insurance Ombudsman.

7. Nothing can be more non-serious than the above statement of the ex-MD OPF that those who by pass registration deprive themselves from many benefits. What protection an Overseas Pakistani ever gets from the so called Protector after getting a mandatory “stamp endorsed” on his passport after paying huge fees, at least I have not during my 45 years long stay abroad I ever witnessed. I struggled hard to find out this so far un-heard of “protection” from the Protector which the ex MD OPF fooled us. In my old junk, I referred above I am shredding today, there would come a communication to me not from anyone else but from the Protector himself saying after protection-stamp, he the Protector has no link or the concern whatsoever with the one on whose passport he stamped protection.

Regards.

Back
Top Bottom