What's new

PM hits back at Modi, blames him for 2002 Gujarat riots

Interesting this is coming just after Supreme Court again cleared his name of any wrong doings

why are you guys so obsessed with Modi, 2002 Gujarat etc ???

why are you guys so obsessed with Mumbai killings, 2006
Hafiz saeed for prime minister?

BJP secretly happy over PM Manmohan’s jibe at Narendra Modi

BJP leaders feel that the PM’s comments may actually reboot Modi’s campaign for the Lok Sabha polls, and bring its prime ministerial candidate back in the spotlight. The campaign has been overshadowed recently by the Aam Aadmi Party’s outstanding performance in last month’s Assembly elections in Delhi.

On Friday, Singh said “it will be disastrous for the country to have Modi as PM,” adding that the Gujarat CM presided over a “massacre of innocent citizens on the streets of Ahmedabad.”

BJP leaders said attacking Modi weeks after a Gujarat court found no evidence that he conspired to stoke the 2002 communal riots will work against the Congress.

“The Congress and its allies may think that the PM’s attack on Modi will endear to their vote base. But harping on the issue could be counter-productive in states like Uttar Pradesh where Modi is looking for a huge haul of parliamentary seats,” said a BJP functionary.

The PM could have inadvertently handed Modi and the BJP with an “advantage”, said the leaders. A BJP leader recalled that during the 2012 polls in Gujarat, the Congress consciously avoided falling into what its leaders called “the Modi trap” and the word “Godhra” did not find mention in the Congress manifesto, or in the party’s 34-page “chargesheet” against Modi. The PM’s criticism now means that the Congress will be forced to harp on the issue, “which should suit Modi and us,” said the leader.

Reacting to the PM’s comments, BJP president Rajnath Singh said, “Whatever happened in 2002 is sad. But when the SIT (Special Investigation Team) and court have given him a clean chit, such a statement is unfortunate and condemnable.”

Read: Manmohan's comment on Modi laughable, says Rajnath

Asked if the PM’s comments would adversely affect the BJP’s prospects, party leader Arun Jaitley said Sonia Gandhi’s “maut ka saudagar” (merchant of death) comment against Modi in the Gujarat 2007 polls did cause the BJP any damage, indicating that it should not now. But Jaitley criticised the PM for his choice of words. “It does not add to the dignity of the PM office… If the dirty tricks department of the Congress had used such language, it is understandable.”

Asserting that Modi would make a “very good” PM, Jaitley pointed out that the Gujarat CM has gone through immense scrutiny involving the police, Supreme Court and a commission of inquiry. “Even if one were to use the same logic advanced by the PM to defend corruption under UPA I because it won the polls in 2009, Modi has won three polls since the 2002 riots,” he added.

BJP secretly happy over PM's jibe at Modi - Hindustan Times
:rolleyes1:

Interesting this is coming just after Supreme Court again cleared his name of any wrong doings

why are you guys so obsessed with Modi, 2002 Gujarat etc ???

Modi is a killer of 1000s innocent Muslims in Gujurat India. Shame on you to defend a killer.

jab time kharaab ho to oont(Camel) pe baithe bande ko bhi kutta kaat leta hai vai. congress ka time kharaab hai bas samajh lo :rofl::rofl:

Congress has become a party of boomerang as far as Modi is concerned. Everything that they throw at Modi returns right back to hurt them! :lol:

regional peace is at stake when a terrorist is likely to become the leader of India.. what a pityful future you have as predicted by MMS.

I pretty much hate Modi....and dont support the religious crap that he talks.Though these days Modi doesnt even take the words hindu and muslim in the same sentence:lol:...for it might sound sacrilegious.

But its interesting to note that when BJP government was in power we had the least communal violence in our country.And also it was during their term that India and Pak relation were at its best.(remember Vajpayee visiting Pak??? I think that was a first after indepndence)
So I am hoping this guy,Modi keeps his promises when he comes to power(which is inevitable now)
Mr.Manmohan singh's press conference was not a typical press conference.Media was given strict instructions where not to tread and that they should not bring MMS to his wits end.
Duing the press conference PM gave very robotic answers,as if he had rehearsed them.
I have enough respect for that man,but unfortunately he was never a PM material.
So right now my PM candidate is Modi.After all every saint has a past and every sinner has a future..:angel:

Manmohan Singh probably has never heard of 1984 riots.

True! & it's funny how MMS, a person who never won any general election is trying to give a character certificate to someone who won repeated elections!

MMS was a true coward in every sense of the word. Fought one election... lost miserably. Didn't dare to fight another one!

I pretty much hate Modi....and dont support the religious crap that he talks.Though these days Modi doesnt even take the words hindu and muslim in the same sentence:lol:...for it might sound sacrilegious.

But its interesting to note that when BJP government was in power we had the least communal violence in our country.And also it was during their term that India and Pak relation were at its best.(remember Vajpayee visiting Pak??? I think that was a first after indepndence)
So I am hoping this guy,Modi keeps his promises when he comes to power(which is inevitable now)
Mr.Manmohan singh's press conference was not a typical press conference.Media was given strict instructions where not to tread and that they should not bring MMS to his wits end.
Duing the press conference PM gave very robotic answers,as if he had rehearsed them.
I have enough respect for that man,but unfortunately he was never a PM material.
So right now my PM candidate is Modi.After all every saint has a past and every sinner has a future..:angel:
Being religious is his personal choice and should not be a matter of concern for anyone until and unless it doesn't affect his approach towards nation or our ppl.:enjoy:

ah we think of gentleman as not so Premier type, so unfair, especially after all that he did for India, gratitude with ifs and buts is saddening :(

Actually the more Modi is put under pressure that he is extremist, the more chances he will be a good boy to prove himself as worthy for India.

thats my little conspiracy here :rolleyes:

ah we think of gentleman as not so Premier type, so unfair, especially after all that he did for India, gratitude with ifs and buts is saddening :(

Actually the more Modi is put under pressure that he is extremist, the more chances he will be a good boy to prove himself as worthy for India.

so i was right about it. u are in love with him hehe
mocking-with-tongue-sticking-out-smiley-emoticon.gif

You bet!!!:tup:

Being religious is his personal choice and should not be a matter of concern for anyone until and unless it doesn't affect his approach towards nation or our ppl.:enjoy:
Hes improving.....so I've nothing to complain.

so i was right about it. u are in love with him hehe
mocking-with-tongue-sticking-out-smiley-emoticon.gif
Dont give me ideas guys ahem ahem :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom