What's new

Please build more expressways in China

Spectacle
Building expressway in Shanghai and Guangzhou is a piece of cake. Building expressway in Central China and Western China is much more difficult.
Ya-xi expressway(One section of G5 Beijing-Kunming national expressway) in Sichuan Province
b21c8701a18b87d6be1de41e050828381f30fd50.jpg
2014613155557355.jpg

In India's case, Expressways are only those roads that are access restricted. That means that they are direct point to point without access to traffic in between. This allows the traffic to remain smooth and fast, since you don't have any disturbance in between.
A controlled-access highway is a type of highway which has been designed for high-speed vehicular traffic, with all traffic flow and ingress/egress regulated.
Entrances and connection of two expressways are strictly controlled. If not, safety and high-speed cannot be guaranteed. Although yesterday I spent half an hour in the expressway traffic jam, for the whole 200km journey(80% on G3 expressway) it took only 2.5 hours and 0.5 hour of waste time in congestion.
Ramps
屏幕快照 2015-04-18 10.51.28.png
屏幕快照 2015-04-18 10.50.25.png
屏幕快照 2015-04-18 10.51.03.png
屏幕快照 2015-04-18 10.50.47.png

Last edited:
If you are Chinese in discussion, why not go to the China Forum。。

that may be true..roads and highways have always been the last priority of Indian governments

that may be true..roads and highways have always been the last priority of Indian governments
8 lanes highways are a rare sight in india considering its large population and vast geographical expanse..but NDA-I and now NDA-II are pretty conscious of the need for roadways and things will be better in coming years

8 lanes highways are a rare sight in india considering its large population and vast geographical expanse..but NDA-I and now NDA-II are pretty conscious of the need for roadways and things will be better in coming years
The biggest lesson here I think is that you think 6 lanes control-access expressway is enough and underestimate the future, especially in Central China. Now, we are planning some second or third parallel expressways, but the investments are unbearable compared to ten years ago.

Now there comes the critical moment for India. Everything is cheap, labour, compensation and raw materials, the best time for India.

Last edited:
The biggest lesson here I think is that you think 6 lanes control-access expressway is enough and underestimate the future, especially in Central China. Now, we are planning some second or third parallel expressways, but the investments are unbearable compared to ten years ago.

Now there comes the critical moment for India. Everything is cheap, labour, compensation and raw materials, the best time for India.

High quality control-access Expressways is a necessity to replace unpaved roads, which are one primary source of fugitive dust (PM-10 and PM-2.5) that is suspended into the air. Check the following link:

In another thread you were puzzled by the high air pollution in India while not having much manufacturing, I think maybe it's related to unpaved roads, anyway you can dig further and find out.

Last edited:
High quality control-access Expressways is a necessity to replace unpaved roads, which are one primary source of fugitive dust (PM-10 and PM-2.5) that is suspended into the air. Check the following link:

In another thread you were puzzled by the high air pollution in India while not having much manufacturing, I think maybe it's related to unpaved roads, anyway you can dig further and find out.

Do you agree? Building high-quality roads is urgent, both in China and India.
@Bussard Ramjet @Rajaraja Chola @MilSpec @Georgeclark

“Train with a view” (from Shuibo Railway in Guizhou):D

View attachment 215817
I am always amazed by these transportation miracles.
Last week in mountainous Zhejiang Province, I think I was on an expressway bridge over this village.
屏幕快照 2015-04-18 22.37.56.png

Thank god they built a ramp for this village, I could imagine how hard it was for villagers to travel to nearby cities.
屏幕快照 2015-04-18 22.38.44.png

Absolutely faster the transportation, faster the country
Correct. Today I was once again stuck on the road in the provincial capital of Anhui Province. Terrible traffic jam, 12km from the provincial museum to downtown Hefei, 40min:cry:. Do avoid peak hours by city bus in China.
The only consolation was this lady's back was gorgeous.;)
IMG_3940.JPG

Back
Top Bottom