What's new

Please build more expressways in China

The tendency of agriculture in China is corporate farming. It's very inefficient for individual farmers to attend to their tiny lands and be exposed to high risks. US is doing greatly, with small agricultural population but huge yields. More and more farmers are going to cities or towns when the urbanization is accelerating. However, the agricultural output is not on the decline and more labour is into non-agricultural industries. The first policy of Chinese government for each year is always about agriculture which is more than important, it's about national security.

Agreed @AndrewJin , its always important to secure national farms and the nation's farmers.

Some of Japan's Farms:

Rice_Paddies_In_Aizu,_Japan.JPG

matsu-shincha.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

StrawberryFarms.IMGP1667.jpg

e7feb470dfd45900bad277da0610ef74.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

15.LED2.jpg

Haha funny buddy :D

Oh pls. I have visited China and I know how their roads, expressways, city roads, highways are like. They are much better than us. And moreover, their infrastructure is way too ahead of us . It shall take 20 ears for us to match the kind of infrastructure China has now.

And Distance between Chennai and Delhi is more than 2000 km
Which cities have you been to?

India ha
I am not sure about the lengths though. But the major chinese cities are connected by 8 lane roads and bypass small towns and cities through fly overs and bridges. Once nearnig a city that 8 lane becomes 10 lane, and still traffic is more.

I have never seen 10 lane expressways in India.
India has many 10 lane highways, Mumbai pune, pune ahemdabad, Hyderabad Banglore, Banglore pune, Delhi Agra, not counting in ring roads too which cover the whole city outwards like Hyderabad Delhi Mumbai ahemdabad and Banglore every city has at least 8-10-12 lane ring roads connecting with small bypasses. Also Delhi haryana and Chandigarh Delhi and not counting other big cities :) here.

@AndrewJin and @Nihonjin1051 I will upload pictures at night when I come back I am really impressed to see how much it has changed here just after about 10 months :) these projects were starting at that time and now are complete.

Plus its so good to see guys we drag away from out shattered threads and war some times which most people on PDF do and many make it troll fest including some big members. But we can have good conclusive discussions here :) and think about development of people of each country instead of thinking bad. Hopey its done in other conversations too.

Agreed @AndrewJin , its always important to secure national farms and the nation's farmers.

Some of Japan's Farms:

Rice_Paddies_In_Aizu,_Japan.JPG

matsu-shincha.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

StrawberryFarms.IMGP1667.jpg

e7feb470dfd45900bad277da0610ef74.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

15.LED2.jpg
Stunning! Farmland is a harmony of nature and people.

I'm in Hefei South Station waiting for my train back to Wuhan, super nice new HSR station. I am a little sad my Wuhan Station is no longer the best in Central China.(the current PM and former President Hu is from Anhui) Anyway, it is always good to see development is not merely in costal China. From this July, when the whole Beijing-Hefei-Fuzhou HSR is open, I suggest last time in China you should come to our Central China and take bullet trains from one UNESCO heritage site to another.( Hongcun Village, Huang Mountains, Sanqing Mountains).
Layout
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429418453.418618.jpg

Linked by BRT, next year by Metro
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429418472.010013.jpg

Printing my ticket
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429418491.119524.jpg

Chinese fast food(boxed meals, dumplings and noddles) and McCafe
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429418635.207777.jpg

Free Wifi provided
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429418774.561706.jpg

Check-in area
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429418821.851203.jpg

Clean toilets
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429418874.949075.jpg

Stunning! Farmland is a harmony of nature and people.

I'm in Hefei South Station waiting for my train back to Wuhan, super nice new HSR station. I am a little sad my Wuhan Station is no longer the best in Central China.(the current PM and former President Hu is from Anhui) Anyway, it is always good to see development is not merely in costal China. From this July, when the whole Beijing-Hefei-Fuzhou HSR is open, I suggest last time in China you should come to our Central China and take bullet trains from one UNESCO heritage site to another.( Hongcun Village, Huang Mountains, Sanqing Mountains).
Layout
View attachment 216009

Linked by BRT, next year by Metro
View attachment 216010

Printing my ticket
View attachment 216011

Chinese fast food(boxed meals, dumplings and noddles) and McCafe
View attachment 216013

Free Wifi provided
View attachment 216014

Check-in area
View attachment 216015

Clean toilets
View attachment 216016

Just so impressive to see the development of Chinese HSR systems, buddy, looks really modern ! And yes, will definitely have to put visiting centrla China in my tou visit list in the future. Thanks for the pictures.

India ha

India has many 10 lane highways, Mumbai pune, pune ahemdabad, Hyderabad Banglore, Banglore pune, Delhi Agra, not counting in ring roads too which cover the whole city outwards like Hyderabad Delhi Mumbai ahemdabad and Banglore every city has at least 8-10-12 lane ring roads connecting with small bypasses. Also Delhi haryana and Chandigarh Delhi and not counting other big cities :) here.

@AndrewJin and @Nihonjin1051 I will upload pictures at night when I come back I am really impressed to see how much it has changed here just after about 10 months :) these projects were starting at that time and now are complete.

Plus its so good to see guys we drag away from out shattered threads and war some times which most people on PDF do and many make it troll fest including some big members. But we can have good conclusive discussions here :) and think about development of people of each country instead of thinking bad. Hopey its done in other conversations too.
I am looking forward to your first-hand experiences! In Chinese forums, photos about India are alway those filthy trains and slums, quite misleading sometimes. The priority for ordinary people is always development and their well-being, rather than border conflicts, territorial disputes or religious extremism.

Just so impressive to see the development of Chinese HSR systems, buddy, looks really modern ! And yes, will definitely have to put visiting centrla China in my tou visit list in the future. Thanks for the pictures.
Don't forget tagging me in China! This village, Hongcun, at the foot of Huangshan Mountains, a must-to-see in Central China.

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429420081.410386.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429420101.370329.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429420139.155285.jpg

In
I am looking forward to your first-hand experiences! In Chinese forums, photos about India are alway those filthy trains and slums, quite misleading sometimes. The priority for ordinary people is always development and their well-being, rather than border conflicts, territorial disputes or religious extremism.
In US we knew China too as old but now people can see. Same with India though I accept that some trains and places are still dirty and need to improve but there are many good things too which need to be known :) about every country. You should pay visit sometime man, your expirience would be amazing . You got everything here. Also right now I am sitting with a farmer who does intelligent and substantial farming and last year he earned about 250,000 $ just through 20 acres of land, would come home soon and share it with you how he did so. Most farmers here earn that high through intelligent and substantial farming.

In

In US we knew China too as old but now people can see. Same with India though I accept that some trains and places are still dirty and need to improve but there are many good things too which need to be known :) about every country. You should pay visit sometime man, your expirience would be amazing . You got everything here. Also right now I am sitting with a farmer who does intelligent and substantial farming and last year he earned about 250,000 $ just through 20 acres of land, would come home soon and share it with you how he did so. Most farmers here earn that high through intelligent and substantial farming.
Yes, one can also make a fortune in farming. In China, apart from "smart" agriculture, a lot of farmers open guesthouses for city dwellers who can spend their weekends there, picking strawberry, walking in village trails, having fresh food and being a farmer for one day. It's very popular in China, we all like to spend our weekends in the countryside.

Actually now my train is going through a very popular destination for us Wuhanese, deep in the Dabie Mountains but easily connected by several national and provincial expressways as well as intercity HSR. New type of agriculture including tourism and village-owned companies can really make a difference. Today it's raining heavily but foggy weather is another sort of beauty.
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429427405.637332.jpg
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429427440.820987.jpg
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429427481.926880.jpg
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429427503.085348.jpg
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429427523.328625.jpg

I think infrastructure construction should be especially emphasized in the countryside. If a country's development is only confined in the city, we cannot call it a holistic success.

Of course I will go to India in the future. I already have many friends here and also in China. Chandigarh, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, etc.

Last edited:
My city Wuhan(very industrial, 10million people) for instance, has four distinctive seasons. In summer, >40 degree and 100% humidity; in winter, wind from Siberia blows Beijing's smog 1000km south to Wuhan; in spring, rainy all day; in autumn, best season, but very short. Pollution in Wuhan is mostly from industrial emissions and because of its location(surrounded by rivers, lakes and mountains) . Although Wuhan is not Top100 most polluted cities(PM2.5), frankly speaking, air quality is not good. I check AQI of Wuhan every 1-2 hours and avoid going out if AQI is too high. Do you guys in Chennai have similar anxiety towards AQI? I think for a lot of people in China, the first thing to do after waking up is to check their climate/AQI APP.
View attachment 215959

We have several monitoring points in different regions of Wuhan, in main commercial centres and industrial parks.
The yellow numbers are all from industrial parks.
View attachment 215960

I have never bothered to look for climate nor the pollution index. As for Climate, I know Chennai is hot always, so never bothered checking that :P

As for Pollution index, we have one or two monitering stations. Modi recently announced Pollution Monitoring Index in 10 cities (including mine) where more stations to be set up and actions to be taken if pollution increases above approved levels.

Here industries are present mainly in outskirts. Industrial emissions are less. But vehicle and dust are more.

I have never bothered to look for climate nor the pollution index. As for Climate, I know Chennai is hot always, so never bothered checking that :P

As for Pollution index, we have one or two monitering stations. Modi recently announced Pollution Monitoring Index in 10 cities (including mine) where more stations to be set up and actions to be taken if pollution increases above approved levels.

Here industries are present mainly in outskirts. Industrial emissions are less. But vehicle and dust are more.
Same here. There is a steel company in northeastern Wuhan, producing approximately half of the crude steel production of India(imagine the quantitive of emission). A special adminitrative district is designed for this company where most inhabitants are working for it. They have their own education system, medical system and pension system. The AQI monitoring point in that region is mostly the highest among all ten official points.

I didn't care about pollution before. It's a kind of gradually increasing awareness. I even have my own monitoring machine at home to monitor indoor pollution. You will have that day!:agree:

Last edited:
Same here. There is a steel company in northeastern Wuhan, producing approximately half of the crude steel production of India(imagine the quantitive of emission). A special adminitrative district is designed for this company where most inhabitants are working for it. They have their own education system, medical system and pension system. The AQI monitoring point in that region is mostly the highest among all ten official points.

I didn't care about pollution before. It's a kind of gradually increasing awareness. I even have a my own monitoring machine at home to monitor indoor pollution. You will have that day!:agree:

Am pretty sure with time I will :)

The priority for ordinary people is always development and their well-being, rather than border conflicts, territorial disputes or religious extremism.

True to some extent my brother pika.
However to the better off upper middle class citizens, territorial disputes, border conflicts and acquiring super weapons is always the priority, since it makes them feel powerful the world over. So yes there's a difference between hat the common man wants ( food, cloth, electricity, roads, education etc) and what a wealthy middle class man wants. :D

We lli pika's want peace and harmony/love. :man_in_love:

True to some extent my brother pika.
However to the better off upper middle class citizens, territorial disputes, border conflicts and acquiring super weapons is always the priority, since it makes them feel powerful the world over. So yes there's a difference between hat the common man wants ( food, cloth, electricity, roads, education etc) and what a wealthy middle class man wants. :D

We lli pika's want peace and harmony/love. :man_in_love:
I don't think it's upper middle class, only merchants of death. Some people are just brainwashed to be followers even if it brings them nothing good.

Back
Top Bottom