What's new

PEW research. Majority of population favours Sharia Law.

Does this imply that some aspects of sharia are not possible? How can that be, if it is divine law?
Have you already reached that conclusion? Seems odd to get such a rhetoric from a fellow claiming to be a muslim.

To your specific question no thats not the conclusion you should be deriving based on what I wrote. Personally you do follow shariah to the best of your abilities truthfully - no one can claim to be 100% pious or a follower.
In other words, hypocrisy. What we say is not what we do. What we do is not what we say.

=====================================

hy·poc·ri·sy

noun

the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
Yes there are a lot of aspects in Pakistani laws, state, politics, culture etc that do seem hypocritical. But lets not be harsh here, every state or nation struggles with it in some degree.

Last edited:
Nope majority want sharia law in Pakistan. But they don't want to be held accountable under the sharia law if they commit a crime.

A robber thinks 10 times before committing a robbery in Saudi Arabia or an average person will soil his pants if told to smuggle narcotics in the gulf. Only a few hardened criminals who dare to are punished as example. One commits rape or even molest a female under Sharia, will be made an example for others to behave.

Basically Islamic justice system is a one which instills fear as a method of suppressing crime. The man made system even if fully implemented can not instill fear. ( The more the element of fear the lesser the crime rate).

The only fear small criminals have in Pakistan is the miserable condition of prisons and the attitude of Punjab police 😂

Bigger criminals have no fear, just 15-20% whatever rates offered by NAB in plea bargain. Or the midnight even sunday bail service ( of course rates are different depending if one choose economy or business class service) on offer by Lahore high Court. Moreover the whole process makes you a hero and the bigger crime one commits the more his fear on innocents. 😂
You like the idea of getting whipped by hedonistic Saudi rulers to instill compliance and fear in their subjects? Harks back to ancient Semitic ruling tradition. How about individual righteous faith? Many white Americans I came across have it much more as a percentage than in the so called Muslim world.

I am sure that the due process to impellent sharia can be figured out to ensure its effectiveness by the learned ulema and the people who support them, backed by the power of the State as already enshrined by law in Pakistan.

Are the Mayans demanding sharia in Pakistan?
Idk man. I wouldn't trust our govt and leadership sorts to organise my evening meal let alone a road map to a different legal system.

You like the idea of getting whipped by hedonistic Saudi rulers to instill compliance and fear in their subjects? Harks back to ancient Semitic ruling tradition. How about individual righteous faith? Many white Americans I came across have it much more as a percentage than in the so called Muslim world.

Bro I lived in the gulf my entire childhood. Enjoyed the very low crime rate and a very peaceful society. Only couple of times that I remember if my memory serves me right have I learned that capital punishment is given in the biggest mosque in my area.

The concept is deterrence.

Punishment is like nuke which deters anyone from crossing the line 😂.

Besides the point of my OP is letting Liberal extremism run without checks in a predominantly conservative Muslim society leads to rise in radicalization.

Last edited:
If "Majority of population favours Sharia Law" then by all means they should have it.

Shari'ah Law has been hugely maligned in the West. Actually, Shari'ah Law is not stoning and clothing. That is something everyone got wrong. It's actually based on basic human justice and rights for ALL including women, children, non-muslims, men, animals, and the environment.

People just don't know ...
Are you saying that sharia is incompatible with democracy?

Yes... It's actually the founding father of modern day democracy. However, today's democracy has morphed into a humanistic, post-modern, neo-liberal extremist ideology.

Bro I lived in the gulf my entire childhood. Enjoyed the very low crime rate and a very peaceful society. Only couple of times that I remember if my memory serves me right have I learned that capital punishment is given in the biggest mosque in my area.

The concept is deterrence.

Punishment is like nuke which deters anyone from crossing the line 😂.
All of the gulf has low crime rate. I was raised up in the gulf too. It was very safe. But all of the gulf do not implement punishments and methods of Saudi Arabia.

Last edited:
Start putting the crazy mullahs in jail even execution's for the hateful ones, crush their organization and show a commitment to never use religion for politics international or national

This'll die on its own, people are idiots

If you do enough good propaganda, this same populace will accept anything from monarchy to communism, general public is mostly made up of idiotic herd

But its the job of the intellectual class, existing power structure to know what's best for the country and guide them there

This is what a republic is, you elect leaders who are suppose to be the best men among the populace and their job is TO DO WHAT THEY FEEL IS THE RIGHT THING FOR THE COUNTRY, they are supposed to be the guiding

cause if it doesn't work that why, there's no reason for a leader

just put everything to vote with internet

We want to fire nuclear?- put it to the vote - if population is too angry they'll say yeah but leader is supposed to be the guiding hand in that situation
You cannot implement Sharia law in Pakistan or any part of the world. It is because in the modern world, it is the Radical Mullahs and extremist Ulemas who are the flagbearers of Sharia law. Most moderate Islamic scholars urges muslims to follow law of land without engaging in conflict.

If Sharia law is implemented in muslim countries then Radical Mullahs like Mullah Omar, Khadim Rizvi, Anwar Al Awlaki, Maududi will become the President of the state which is absolutely disgusting.

All of the gulf has low crime rate. I was raised up in the gulf too. It was very safe. But all of the gulf do not implement punishments and methods of Saudi Arabia.

Bro UAE also had strict laws in place though they have relaxed their punishments a lot over the last decade. . What is the punishment for rape or adultery in UAE or smuggling narcotics now?

Bahrain is the most Liberal imo.

Yes Saudi Arabia is the most strict when it comes to punishments.

You cannot implement Sharia law in Pakistan or any part of the world. It is because in the modern world, it is the Radical Mullahs and extremist Ulemas who are the flagbearers of Sharia law. Most moderate Islamic scholars urges muslims to follow law of land without engaging in conflict.

If Sharia law is implemented in muslim countries then Radical Mullahs like Mullah Omar, Khadim Rizvi, Anwar Al Awlaki, Maududi will become the President of the state which is absolutely disgusting.
All the guys you mentioned are probably
better than the guy on your DP...

Bro I lived in the gulf my entire childhood.
One of the serious crimes in the gulf which needs to be brought up is child molestation. Another is exploitation of foreign labor akin to slavery. Kuwaiti Bedouin have no citizenship and are stateless. Growing up as kids we had to watch out for pedos. They were typically gulfy people.

One of the serious crimes in the gulf which needs to be brought up is child molestation. Another is exploitation of foreign labor akin to slavery. Kuwaiti Bedouin have no citizenship and are stateless. Growing up as kids we had to watch out for pedos. They were typically gulfy people.

I never encountered such issues especially during my early childhood predominantly in Saudi Arabia or even in UAE or Bahrain. Infact we used to ride bicyles with friends and wander off even as late as midnight. Never been to Kuwait though so I can not comment. The only thing I heard was rough treatment of maids especially Filipino ones once I got to a age to understand such stuff.

Anyways we are going off topic now.

I never encountered such issues especially during my early childhood predominantly in Saudi Arabia or even in UAE or Bahrain. Infact we used to ride bicyles with friends and wander off even as late as midnight. Never been to Kuwait though so I can not comment. The only thing I heard was rough treatment of maids especially Filipino ones once I got to a age to understand such stuff.

Anyways we are going off topic now.
It's not off topic. In some people's Sharia child molestation, slavery, exploitation of maids as sex slaves are apparently okay. They are great fans of Hadith.

It's not off topic. In some people's Sharia child molestation, slavery, exploitation of maids as sex slaves are apparently okay. They are great fans of Hadith.

The punishment is very severe in Sharia for such acts far more severe than western laws. I do not know from where you got that impression.

The punishment is very severe in Sharia for such acts far more severe than western laws. I do not know from where you got that impression.
How is that there are people who advocate the same as Sharia. It is intertwined with indigenous culture. Requires scrutiny. We cannot blindly copy and paste.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom