What's new

Perspective: I am an Ahmadi Muslim and I love Pakistan

Never ever do that. I tried something on a very very small level and the guy went ballistic. The situation got so bad that I corked by 9mm, just in case. Even today I keep a close eye at the guy. If need be!

You seem to be quite nonreligious.

Religious guy carries much higher bores. :lol:

@Horus @Icarus @Hyperion

Sorry brothers I have offended you and anyone else in that matter. I was replying to an Indian simply trying to let him know why Pakistan in its 67-year history has never ever democratically elected anyone like Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Narendra Modi. You guys na samaj sakay, meri ghalti.

@Hyperion Will you now please spare me the hand chopping?

That is pure unsubstantiated conjecture - Nothing more !
The same kind of 'He Says....She Says' crap that is peddled about every whos who long after they are gone - Iqbal wasn't spared this either !

Those are known traits, whether you accept them or not.

Those are known traits, whether you accept them or not.

These aren't; these are conjectures and hearsay - You are of course welcome to believe them !

I on the other hand find conjecture and hearsay to be a poor substitute for evidence otherwise I'd be inclined to believe all other forms of hearsay that go about the Quaid, the Pakistan Movement & pretty much anything else.

Perhaps I should also believe that the Quaid wanted to model Pakistan around the Islamic States of the Rashiuddin Caliphs as a number of people have quoted & re-quoted him as having said on his death bed ? But I don't because 'evidence' is 'evidence' whereas hearsay is exactly that - hearsay.

Come on dude, i grew up in Jhang, the Harkat-ul-Islami tried to recruit me when i was a boy, but i turned out okay :sarcastic:

"Okay" is a relative term! :D

These aren't; these are conjectures and hearsay - You are of course welcome to believe them !

I on the other hand find conjecture and hearsay to be a poor substitute for evidence otherwise I'd be inclined to believe all other forms of hearsay that go about the Quaid, the Pakistan Movement & pretty much anything else.

Perhaps I should also believe that the Quaid wanted to model Pakistan around the Islamic States of the Rashiuddin Caliphs as a number of people have quoted & re-quoted him as having said on his death bed ? But I don't because 'evidence' is 'evidence' whereas hearsay is exactly that - hearsay.

Do you agree with the passage of the Objectives Resolution and how it has mixed State and Religion inseparably?

"Okay" is a relative term! :D

I had my 'periods' with the extremist ideology, had connections with some pretty screwed up nutbags. I have a bad habit of questioning everything and they are anti questions. Secondly, i always had a feeling, even as a boy that these morons were harmful to a country and culture i hold supreme.

Do you agree with the passage of the Objectives Resolution and how it has mixed State and Religion inseparably?

What does asking for evidence about a wholly unsubstantiated assertion has to do with whether I believe in the Objective Resolution or not ?

I had my 'periods' with the extremist ideology, had connections with some pretty screwed up nutbags. I have a bad habit of questioning everything and they are anti questions. Secondly, i always had a feeling, even as a boy that these morons were harmful to a country and culture i hold supreme.

That is entirely normal, for everyone has their own voyage of discovery and evolution of thought.

What does asking for evidence about a wholly unsubstantiated assertion has to do with whether I believe in the Objective Resolution or not ?

It was meant to forward the discussion on the topic of the thread, that is all. The mixing of religion and state started by the Objectives Resolution led to the declaration of the ahmadis as non Muslims decades later, and then to the further disastrous legislation by General Zia.

It was meant to forward the discussion on the topic of the thread, that is all. The mixing of religion and state started by the Objectives Resolution led to the declaration of the ahmadis as non Muslims decades later, and then to the further disastrous legislation by General Zia.

Whereas I don't agree with the Objective Resolution nor do I think that the Quaid would've mandated it - That is your reading of History not mine; I don't think that our present predicament has much to do with implied biases within the Constitution so much as it has to do with a general lack of Governance across the Board otherwise every single Constitution in the world is riddled with implied biases of its own.

Take the US Constitution; the United States is a country of Immigrants and this is a widely known fact and yet the US Constitution doesn't allow an Immigrant to be the Head of State of the Country; technically that is no different than the second-class citizenship that we bestow on our own religious minorities but on the ground there is a world of difference because of Governance - No one is persecuting Immigrants like there are instances of persecution in Pakistan against religious minorities.

A mob who decides to burn down an entire Christian neighborhood on the pretense of an alleged blasphemy has as much to do with atrociously bad governance as it has to do with religious fervor. If that mob was apprehended, put through a trial & publicly shot for their crimes against an innocent community I'd be damned if there is a repeat of the incident above but our failure to do so gives these extremist groups more & more space to act with impunity & that is purely an issue of Governance.

Today Shias are bearing the brunt of same they supported ahmedis kufar fatwa today it's their arse under fire tomorrow it will be another sect!

Solution is root out the country from this mad cancerous disease let ahmedis barelvi shia call them whatever they like else there will be no one to save silent majority when they will be slaughtered by Islamists !

Forget about everyone else. Just believe what I tell you about the Quaid. He wanted what I want. From this day forward, consider my word to be the word of Quaid! :P

And the right to bear RPG's and private ownership of Tanks! o_O

a3bf1ef9371fa1904f0991fde8e75580.jpg

Quaid wanted Naswar ? :o:

Back
Top Bottom