What's new

Perspective: I am an Ahmadi Muslim and I love Pakistan

That's a sound idea, we do have the Islamic Ideology Council and other such bodies but their output in limited at best, its just there to pacify mullahs and get their vote bank.

IIC was a good idea but it was destroyed just like other institutions. What i am asking for is to make the existing structure better. The 'state' itself should be secular in its 'conduct' but the country shouldn't be secular. The religious matters need to be left to a body built upon IIC, which would be ELECTED not appointed (elected by the parliament). It may appoint a proper scholar as its head for a 3-4 year term who maybe named as the caliph of Pakistan who would have zero political powers, nor will he ever hold a public office. Minimum criteria should be a PhD in theological studies, zero criminal or hate preaching record and it should also include Christian, Sikh and Hindu religious leaders on its board along with all other major sects and religions. Such a body must represent the entire spectrum of theological/social aspect of our state.

Its role should be to develop 'ijma' among the society and should have the RESPONSIBILITY of articulating a single standardized, state approved curriculum to be taught in all madrassas. It should have the responsibility of vetting and awarding preachers from all religions through a strict process BEFORE they can speak in public. The council including Mr Caliph himself would be subordinate to the parliament and would be replaced after 3-4 year period with no second terms. We need such an office to counter the likes of Hizb Tahrir who would basically want to assassinate all parliamentarians and brass to establish a nuclear armed caliphate - imagine how that would look like. If we successfully create such a mechanism, it can also be exported as a cultural product.

Ahmadiya invited the problem themself but considering themselves muslims.

I still don't know why they consider themselves muslim when Mirza Ghulam teaching are totally opposite to the Tuheed and reesalat of Islam.

But how can one expect to practice something which majority like @Horus dont even consider a religion and openly denounce them.

On contrary, if minority practitioner utter a word against majority perspective, it results in merciless killing: by law and even outside law.

I am surprised that @Horus thanked your post, his views are quite extreme and patronizing the majority dominance.

What @Horus believes is his personal opinion, as long as he is not looking to force his views on anyone and is willing to acknowledge their freedom of belief, he is not breaching anyone's rights.

Leave VC alone. He's just home-sick and can't travel back due to the nature of his file! :D

No he wasn't; we haven't the slightest clue what his personal religious beliefs were because he never talked about them at all.

All we know is that he was strictly non denominational & only in later years has this debate of whether he was a Sunni or whether he was a Shia has cropped up & used by either side to score brownie points against the other; he was neither !

That is pure unsubstantiated conjecture - Nothing more !

The same kind of 'He Says....She Says' crap that is peddled about every whos who long after they are gone - Iqbal wasn't spared this either !

No he wasn't; we haven't the slightest clue what his personal religious beliefs were because he never talked about them at all.

Granted, but the fact that he was registered with the Jamaat of Khawaja Shias does reflect his religious views, there's a reason you don't see me registered with the local church.

Correction:

Not against Tauheed, however, against the basic principle of Islamic belief that Muhammad PBUH was the last prophet. I, however, am no one to judge. I leave it to the Almighty, as I'm not proficient enough to pass a judgement.

Ahmadiya invited the problem themself but considering themselves muslims.

I still don't know why they consider themselves muslim when Mirza Ghulam teaching are totally opposite to the Tuheed and reesalat of Islam.

But how can one expect to practice something which majority like @Horus dont even consider a religion and openly denounce them.

On contrary, if minority practitioner utter a word against majority perspective, it results in merciless killing: by law and even outside law.

I am surprised that @Horus thanked your post, his views are quite extreme and patronizing the majority dominance.

I have my personal opinions, however i am not willing to shove it down anyone else's throat.

Granted, but the fact that he was registered with the Jamaat of Khawaja Shias does reflect his religious views, there's a reason you don't see me registered with the local church.

He was ? :o:

This is news to me ! :unsure:

Besides I don't even know what Khawaja Shias are.....I've heard about Khoja Ismailis but thats the extent of it ! :undecided:

And even that is pure conjecture - No one dared to bring this up in the Quaid's life but after his demise every Tom, Dick & Harry wanted to claim him for his own ! :lol:

Correction:

Not against Tauheed, however, against the basic principle of Islamic belief that Muhammad PBUH was the last prophet. I, however, am no one to judge. I leave it to the Almighty, as I'm not proficient enough to pass a judgement.

Leave it to me....I will judge ! :smokin:

Besides I think @Icarus hates me because he didn't answer my post in that other thread where I cracked jokes about his biradari while extolling the virtues of my own ! :(

Take care mate!! :)

Okay boys, I have to bid farewell, as much as I was beginning to enjoy this discussion, duty calls early morning and a well rested pencil pusher is an efficient pencil pusher, so I'll beg my leave for now.

What @Horus believes is his personal opinion, as long as he is not looking to force his views on anyone and is willing to acknowledge their freedom of belief, he is not breaching anyone's rights.

He is openly saying ahmadiya is not even a religion and he is living and rocking. Can something in similar lines be said about Islam in pakistan and afford to live?

Personal beliefs becomes fatal sometimes when they find a mob of like minds. Few beliefs shall not be encouraged no matter how much personal they are.

Leave it to me....I will judge ! :smokin:

Besides I think @Icarus hates me because he didn't answer my post in that other thread where I cracked jokes about his biradari while extolling the virtues of my own ! :(

I just didn't get a chance to see the notifications, been busy here, learning istinja and other stuff, in case you didn't read up on the last few pages.

Back
Top Bottom