What's new

Perspective: I am an Ahmadi Muslim and I love Pakistan

Theological disagreements should be something healthy, they should be dealt with through debate and dedicated study but I wholeheartedly agree with your observation that the role of the state in 'labellling' people has to end. As for the misguided issue, that is a common concern with all of our muslim groups, Shias, Deobandi, Barelvi, Wahabi among others also refer to others as misguided and clerics order restrain when dealing with 'the others', singling out the Ahmedis for a practice that is a local norm would be unfair in my opinion.

I have thought of a model of governance, under which there would be a systematic division between the matters of state and religion. The state wouldn't interfere nor use religion as a tool. The theocracy on the other hand would be separated into a new structure which would be completely subordinate to the elected parliament. Their job would be to take care of the theological matters of the people and inter faith dialogue through a well drafted national program of dialogue. They may advise the govt on matters of socio-theological concerns, however no such legislation would be done to forge it into a legal framework. In simple words, lock the mullahs in a structure under which they actually have to work for attention of the state rather than getting it by simply bullying them.

No he wasn't; he never gave into this sectarian BS.....he was a non denominational Muslim like myself ! :smokin:

He didn't go around declaring everyone who didn't adhere to his own beliefs a kafir but in his personal capacity, he was very much a Shia.

I thought it was just a minor misunderstanding! :sarcastic:

Yes Sir. Itna rola muft main nai khara hoa.

There was a COMPLETE consensus among ALL sects in regards to the Ahmadiya question ever since the movement began. Their Mirza himself gave the ammunition needed by our Mullahs who otherwise don't even agree on what type of date is best suited for breaking a fast, to use against Ahamdis till today and in the future.

Just you watch, he'll also deny that the Quaid was Shia. These murderers of history are cutting away at the roots of his nation's history.

Only if we let them Sir, only if we keep quiet.

I have thought of a model of governance, under which there would be a systematic division between the matters of state and religion. The state wouldn't interfere nor use religion as a tool. The theocracy on the other hand would be separated into a new structure which would be completely subordinate to the elected parliament. Their job would be to take care of the theological matters of the people and inter faith dialogue through a well drafted national program of dialogue. They may advise the govt on matters of socio-theological concerns, however no such legislation would be done to forge it into a legal framework. In simple words, lock the mullahs in a structure under which they actually have to work for attention of the state rather than getting it by simply bullying them.

That's a sound idea, we do have the Islamic Ideology Council and other such bodies but their output in limited at best, its just there to pacify mullahs and get their vote bank.

There is no Shia or Sunni Islam. They are just interpretations of the same theology. Matter of fact the core beliefs of both Shia and Sunni are exactly the same. They only differ on the 'political' side of things.
You still didn't answer my real question. Is there any other religion apart from Islam (shia/sunni prospect)?

@SUPARCO

Just in case you didn't catch the memo. This is what Pakistan's flag means.

• White represents the 'peace'.
  • Green represents the 'prosperity' of the people
  • Crescent represents a 'new beginning'
  • 5 conned star represents, the 5 core tenets of Islam, which are the same in ALL sects.

10335688_1413260085614867_1023456550_n.jpg
    10318798_1413260222281520_899258737_n.jpg
    10264598_1413260332281509_661252587_n.jpg

I used to think that you had minor psychological issues...... not anymore........ tumm to pooray kay pooray mental ho!!!

You maybe the most ignorant fool on this forum, you even beat zarvi by several million miles.........Someone needs to recite the kalma and chopp off your head.............

Nope. The Green represents that Pakistan is nation of the Ahl-e-As-Sunnah Wa'al Jamma'at (Sunni Muslims).

Pakistan's founder Qaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah disowned his own beloved daughter simply because she married a Christian. This is how much respect Qaid-e-Azam had for the minorities.

The actual name Pakistan, means Land of the Pure, was named as such because all non-Muslims of Bar-e-Saghir were considered impure. When the Founding Fathers of Pakistan were considering this name, they had also considered naming the Islamic Republic as 'Islamistan' just in case the British did not the allow the name, Pakistan.

What all this means is that the Islamic Republic of Pakistan was created in the Name of Islam and created for the Muslims of Bar-e-Saghir.

Now if some Kafirs goes around telling the Muslims of Pakistan, who sacrificed millions to create this Muslim country in the first place what "true Islam" is, or what "secular Pakistan" is all about, or how to be a "moderate Muslim", then they'll be dealt with.

Medieval as it is, ensuring that everyone has the freedom to practice it freely and willingly regardless, is what would describe a true democracy.

But how can one expect to practice something which majority like @Horus dont even consider a religion and openly denounce them.

On contrary, if minority practitioner utter a word against majority perspective, it results in merciless killing: by law and even outside law.

I am surprised that @Horus thanked your post, his views are quite extreme and patronizing the majority dominance.

He didn't go around declaring everyone who didn't adhere to his own beliefs a kafir but in his personal capacity, he was very much a Shia.

No he wasn't; we haven't the slightest clue what his personal religious beliefs were because he never talked about them at all.

All we know is that he was strictly non denominational & only in later years has this debate of whether he was a Sunni or whether he was a Shia has cropped up & used by either side to score brownie points against the other; he was neither !

... who just happened to drink wine and eat pork?

That is pure unsubstantiated conjecture - Nothing more !

The same kind of 'He Says....She Says' crap that is peddled about every whos who long after they are gone - Iqbal wasn't spared this either !

Back
Top Bottom